Unfair advantage for playes with ping over 100ms

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Dear Server Admins,

I would like to bring to your attention the fact that players with ping above 100ms have an unfair advantage when they are zombies.

To be brief, the lag makes them approach players faster and knife them easier. I have seen it happen so many times and notified the admin on duty, but I got this response : "we try to be inclusive with everybody here".
However, in recent months there has been a surge in players with a high lag.

I would really appreciate you guys take this into account.

Kind regards,
Spells.

Blue™

Actually green
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
17 Dec 2012
Yoshi City
Hello spells, this is something that has been a thing on css ever since it came out, we all have been very aware of this as its usually what some players call ''katana'' or ''longsword''

Basically, they do have a bit of advantage ofcourse because of their lags, but you have to realize aswell that It's not as fun for them aswell to be lagging that much when playing. We don't kick players here because of a 100+ ping, however some players that has massive lags and are teleporting around, now I mean huge lags and not just 100ms or a bit more. If they're warping around the map and are basically unhittable, they are interrupting the gameplay where I do believe we have taken action over such things before, but It's very rare. I've been here almost since the start of EH and honestly eventually you will get used to it, but I don't think it would be a good idea to purge them all from the servers, we are trying to open up for everyone to play, that means if they are far away or have a bad connection they should be welcomed to play aswell, as said as long they don't teleport around and disturb the gameplay for everyone else.

These are just my thoughts and some facts I've gathered by being here myself, obviously my answer isn't an conclusion for the situation but I'll just throw this post in here.

Regards

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Hi Blue,

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, in the past I too had a big lag on some servers and it is not the greatest thing when you get kicked out.

When I said "unfair advantage" I meant when these players are zombies. Nevertheless, I will try to see if they benefit from this when they are CTs.

Kind regards,
Spells

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
Just get better and you wont notice, ur just complaining about dying here. I cant say a laggy zombie has any advantage really only if it teleports for a second getting like lag spike to 500 ping and gets close

this doesn't happend normaly and or definetely not with 100 ping, 100 ping is fast actually not many notice any sort of lags with 100-200 ping, its only past that and if you do you have lag spikes from 100 to 150 in 1 second and thats not a stable 100 ping.

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Oh.... yeah it's soooooo annoying hahah. Even people with 80 ms do the same to me, they longknife me like crazy, don't even start from 100. But yeah I think blue said everything :)

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Hi Law Enforcement,

100ms ping is an average value starting from I noticed the unwanted effect occurring.

Kind regards,
Spells

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
You're just overreacting.

And its not a competitive game mode, even in there you might be able to complain about 100 ping where people have way higher reaction times than those playing zombies. as you know from watching csgo competitions.

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Hi Law_Enforcement,

Truth be told, the idea behind the server is great and just being able to play should be rewarding enough. It just that sometimes you have a wining streak and suddenly you get knifed by someone with a high ping... :(