Handled# Ungag Request: Jonesy

Jonesy

13 Apr 2019
United Kingdom
Ingame name Jonesy
SteamID STEAM_1:0:196820542

Gag reason Spoling endgame
Ungag reason
.This is less of a ungag request as my gag will probably run-over the time it takes for someone to reply but more of a show of how poor roor's admin ship is. I was banned by roor under the pretences of me spoiling endgame.He claims that he warned me 11 times yet he only told me once or twice to stop.He even kicked me for discussing my ideas about what MIGHT HAPPEN in the next game of thrones episode.Upon rejoining the server he claimed that he did not have to kick but wanted to show his power and what he could do if i did anything. I'm guessing he also did that and claimed i was spoiling game of thrones as well even though i was discussing theories but thats not why i'm here. I was gagged by roor for talking about endgame in chat to someone else who had also seen it. We decided to talk in chat because Roor at the time was arguing with someone for no reason.Throughout the entire duration of roor being on the server he kept threatening gags and mutes to people who "were talking over" him. He then (as mentioned previously) got into several arguments with different people due to this. One of which was muted for playing music even though he won the vote by a couple of percent, yet roor claimed it was a split vote. It's like saying in an election if one candidate gets one more vote than the other its a "split vote" and they dont win.During these arguments roor was getting more and more aggressive and started to be really childish in the way he handled arguments and people mic spamming. This is a complete contrast to how an admin should've handled these situations which would be calm and mature not loud and trying to scream over someone to get their point across.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
You two may have seen it but others on the server have not, you admit he warned you many times which he is right he doesn’t have to be doing it many times. We came to a consensus a few days ago that people spoiling endgame would be punished for it the same as anything else for the next couple of weeks, cause it’s just a bit of a dick move. Just cause you’re talking to a guy who has already seen it that doesn’t magically make it not spoilers for anyone else also on the server. I feel you’re embellishing your side of the story a bit so it’s hard to judge what may have happened outside of your situation, and also most admins will look for a higher percent like 70% yes for music, not 52% or whatever you say it was

Roor

GoFree Admin
Donator
30 Nov 2018
I would like to address this point by point.
1. "I was banned by roor under the pretences of me spoiling endgame.He claims that he warned me 11 times yet he only told me once or twice to stop." - the count of double-digits warnings was total, verbal and text. i asked you not to talk about the movie MANY times over voice. Yet you admit you were warmed not to twice.

2. "Upon rejoining the server he claimed that he did not have to kick but wanted to show his power and what he could do if i did anything." ~This is another type of warning in my mind that serves a dual purpose. one to get you to stop speaking about spoilers and two to let you know you are ' on thin ice ' and to change your behavior. Which you did not.. In my mind tat is much more fair than a gag/mute right away.

3. " I was gagged by roor for talking about endgame in chat to someone else who had also seen it." - Obviously the whole server can see chat and you literally said ' majorcharactersoandso dies ' at that point I muted and gagged you, this was after all the warnings.

4. "Throughout the entire duration of roor being on the server he kept threatening gags and mutes to people who "were talking over" him." - this is straight up a lie.

5. "He then (as mentioned previously) got into several arguments with different people due to this." - also false, the topic of discussion in voice was my mother. i noted she is a very nice woman, and threatened exactly 0 players with any consequences from that conversation because i have a bit of a sense of humor.

6. "One of which was muted for playing music even though he won the vote by a couple of percent, yet roor claimed it was a split vote." - 52 percent is a spilt vote, as lotus said we look for a heavier majority. On that note when that player refused to stop playing music, i muted him in voice for only 5 mins to stop the music spam. Default would have been 30 mins but i acted with a bit of leniency.

7. "During these arguments roor was getting more and more aggressive and started to be really childish in the way he handled arguments and people mic spamming. This is a complete contrast to how an admin should've handled these situations which would be calm and mature not loud and trying to scream over someone to get their point across." - This one is just funny to me. Anyone who actually knows me would find this comical as well. Complete exaggeration / plain fabrication.

I hope this clears things up on why you were muted. I believe both mute and gag have been removed. Good luck in all your future endeavors!

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
Handled.