[added] zm_eh_4Seasons

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Hello dear community. I would like to present to you my new map 4Seasons. The concept should be pretty self explanatory. I have attached some pictures down below.

I am hoping that this map could be added to the regular map list.

I would be grateful if you could test out the map and give me your opinion aswell as help me find any issues or things that need to be fixed before it could possibly be added to the server.
I am open to suggestions and thank you for your feedback in advance.

Thank you for your time and happy hunting.

Attachments

• 20230417001412_1.jpg
    20230417001412_1.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230417001421_1.jpg
    20230417001421_1.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20230417001429_1.jpg
    20230417001429_1.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230417001457_1.jpg
    20230417001457_1.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 90
  • 4Seasons.bsp
    11.5 MB · Views: 72

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
Hello dear community. I would like to present to you my new map 4Seasons. The concept should be pretty self explanatory. I have attached some pictures down below.

I am hoping that this map could be added to the regular map list.

I would be grateful if you could test out the map and give me your opinion aswell as help me find any issues or things that need to be fixed before it could possibly be added to the server.
I am open to suggestions and thank you for your feedback in advance.

Thank you for your time and happy hunting.
Hello @Kr1pT1c

I tried your map, here what I found.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VIDEO

In the video, the first sequence, if two humans, they make the short scale, one player can climb and get acces to a spot, who I think is not allowed. (Imagine with 2 autosniper).
This can create problems for zombies and make it more difficult to access it, which I think wasn't meant to be accessible (I suggere imo, to add an invisible wall on the roof and on the entire wall).

For the second sequence, if one player runboost with another player, it's possible for a human to climb and stand up on the top of the lamp. Even if I was in singleplayer, I know it's possible,
The lamp have a pixel collision to seat here, and jump into the top, (maybe make the lamp "not solid" or add "trigger_push" or add "Invisible wall (or playerclip)".

For the third sequence, it's the same thing, even if I think it's more easy for zombie to catch the human who stand here, it's can be a bit trouble for the zombies who try to climb on the box.
(Tbh, i'm not sur if it's important for the third sequence to be fix).

Now, I get on the consol one invalid spawnpoint terrorist.
To see where is the problem about invalid spawn you can write in your consol this command : (map_showspawnpoints) (Green = Correct / Red = Invalid).
It's not supposed to be here since it doesn't belong to a "buyzone" type trigger.
invalid.png
[/
detail.png

In order to optimize the map even more (And I noticed that you did it but not completely), on the photo, the places circled in red can be put in "func_detail" since they are at the interior of a room and that these do not present anything in terms of object / breakable etc... I noticed that there were also boxes which were not in func_detail which should be too, so only a few small details, but it's not too bad in a pinch.

qdqdq.png

It's a small detail, not very important, as you can see, I have resize the skybox.
Like that somewhere, it won't charge an empty space, nobody can get access(given that an invisible wall has been put up so that no one can access it, be aware however that a skybox is considered (by default) , as being a wall, so even if you delete the "invisible" wall on the roof, this one will not be disturbing at all.

It's a small detail like that, it's as you see fit. :)

The map is not bad and well built (to do with the data that the moderators / administrators will have collected to determine if the map is balanced or not), personally, I like the structure and the map, the idea is good , and I'm even impatient to see it in games, for my part (after correction), it's a big point!​

Reactions: Kr1pT1c

svetoi

13 Dec 2018
i'm a spider man i can climb walls ) probably shouldn't be like this, zombies won't get me here
a.png

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Heyyyy, thanks a lot for your feedback.
As soon as I get home from work I'm gonna get to fix those pesky boost spots
Hello @Kr1pT1c

In the video, the first sequence, if two humans, they make the short scale, one player can climb and get acces to a spot, who I think is not allowed. (Imagine with 2 autosniper).
This can create problems for zombies and make it more difficult to access it, which I think wasn't meant to be accessible (I suggere imo, to add an invisible wall on the roof and on the entire wall).

For the second sequence, if one player runboost with another player, it's possible for a human to climb and stand up on the top of the lamp. Even if I was in singleplayer, I know it's possible,
The lamp have a pixel collision to seat here, and jump into the top, (maybe make the lamp "not solid" or add "trigger_push" or add "Invisible wall (or playerclip)".

For the third sequence, it's the same thing, even if I think it's more easy for zombie to catch the human who stand here, it's can be a bit trouble for the zombies who try to climb on the box.

To see where is the problem about invalid spawn you can write in your consol this command : (map_showspawnpoints) (Green = Correct / Red = Invalid).
It's not supposed to be here since it doesn't belong to a "buyzone" type trigger.
View attachment 16325[/
View attachment 16326

In order to optimize the map even more (And I noticed that you did it but not completely), on the photo, the places circled in red can be put in "func_detail" since they are at the interior of a room and that these do not present anything in terms of object / breakable etc... I noticed that there were also boxes which were not in func_detail which should be too, so only a few small details, but it's not too bad in a pinch.

View attachment 16327

It's a small detail, not very important, as you can see, I have resize the skybox.
Like that somewhere, it won't charge an empty space, nobody can get access(given that an invisible wall has been put up so that no one can access it, be aware however that a skybox is considered (by default) , as being a wall, so even if you delete the "invisible" wall on the roof, this one will not be disturbing at all.

The map is not bad and well built (to do with the data that the moderators / administrators will have collected to determine if the map is balanced or not), personally, I like the structure and the map, the idea is good , and I'm even impatient to see it in games, for my part (after correction), it's a big point!​
😜
Hello @Kr1pT1c

View attachment 16325[/
View attachment 16326

View attachment 16327

Heyyyy, thank you for your feedback.
As soon as I get home, I will fix those pesky boost spots😜.

Im sure I have missed func detailing some of the boxes, I'm gonna go through the map again later and add them all, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I can't wait to test it on the server aswell 😬

Reactions: DrFiction

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
Heyyyy, thanks a lot for your feedback.
As soon as I get home from work I'm gonna get to fix those pesky boost spots

😜

Heyyyy, thank you for your feedback.
As soon as I get home, I will fix those pesky boost spots😜.

Im sure I have missed func detailing some of the boxes, I'm gonna go through the map again later and add them all, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I can't wait to test it on the server aswell 😬
Great! Glad to hear that mate!

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Quick update:

I have now fixed all the boost spots and pixel positions and made some other minor changes.
Here is the finished version (for now) If you still find something dont hesitate to hit me up, but as far as I think it should be ready to go now.

Attachments

• zm_eh_4seasons.bsp
    14 MB · Views: 77

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
Quick update:

I have now fixed all the boost spots and pixel positions and made some other minor changes.
Here is the finished version (for now) If you still find something dont hesitate to hit me up, but as far as I think it should be ready to go now.
In my side, everything is good! Good work man ;)

Reactions: Kr1pT1c

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Had some minutes and took a look, looks nice! I like the theme and the newly designed box camp spots, will be interesting to see how they work on full v3!

But i found some things too:

gettting blocked here - maybe this can be edited smoother?
1681898213123.png

here is a stopping effect too, dont think this was intended as it is the only way up:
1681899203848.png

HDR isnt properly set unfortunately - too much light:
1681898268304.png

1681898588786.png

narrow spots like this should be avoided on all new maps and map edits as they will cause lags - and lags will cause a loss of players:
1681898370635.png

Possible op spots detected:

1. This spot needs to be watched - i am almost sure our players will find a way to build up a 100% cade. In general a simple soda machine is always a better option than this those heavy cupboards that cant be easily moved and trap stuck players:

1681899023573.png

... for example if they shoot other props in^^
1681899288304.png

2. This spot will most likely cause issues:
a) players will crowd here making it hard for zombiez to conquer
b) players will crowd here causing lags
c) players will shoot props in there preventing bhoppers from infecting camperz
1681899352273.png

Good news: the lifebelt is working!
1681899132411.png

Reactions: Lotus and DrFiction

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
this is an exaple of what i meant above:

1681901774822.png

Didnt find the secret spot, but our v3 map testers are reliable. This needs a fix:
1681902325426.png

Reactions: DrFiction

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Made some adjustments to the map.
Most notably:
  • fixed some spots where you would get stuck while walking (RIP @Slowian)
  • adjusted HDR and lighting on the map
  • some possibly OP spots have been nerfed
  • removed a tree camping spot

Attachments

• zm_eh_4seasons_v1.bsp
    14.1 MB · Views: 62

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Updated version.

• removed, balanced and/or changed some spots
  • added some more lighting
  • fixed a few issues

Special thanks to Slowian for being awesome!

Attachments

• zm_eh_4seasons_v2.bsp
    11.7 MB · Views: 61
  • Haha
Reactions: Slowian

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
***** New Version *****