What is the difference?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8433
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8433

For a while I have been keeping an eye on the admin recruitment results in "CS:S all", and I would like to understand one thing...

I've seen this iyzyz guy who's application got declined a few times before his last one being accepted. What is exactly the difference between the iyzyz before and iyzyz after? Didn't he used the same "honesty" on the Internet in both cases? So what is the difference, the amount of reports he did, the amount of money he donated or what?

I am genuinely curious that's all, because I don't really see why one should reapply and be accepted after being declined in the past few times, since he didn't got any ban whatsoever... Someone from the ppl who get to decide could shine a light on this?

Thanks.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
Not sure how much I can say, but basically if you get declined for something, you can improve on that and re-apply and be accepted with a later application. Many people have had to apply more than once before receiving admin, and it all just depends on various things that I won't get into too much detail about

D

Deleted member 8433

Not sure how much I can say, but basically if you get declined for something, you can improve on that and re-apply and be accepted with a later application. Many people have had to apply more than once before receiving admin, and it all just depends on various things that I won't get into too much detail about

Yeah alright, that doesn't help me really much understand except the obvious things you highlighted above... If this is the case, the amount of transparency shocks me... But again maybe in order to avoid everyone getting admin instantly... But still, it should be judged on the content and there shouldn't be a general rule of thumb in such decisions, in my opinion...

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
Every admin has an opportunity to voice their opinion on the applicant, biased or unbiased, I don't think that's much of a secret. They can look at a variety of different things when determining their response to an applicant. For example you can see your chat log here and this is something that I look at when reviewing an applicant. if an applicant were declined for his chat log he could work on improving it and then re-apply again when his chat is much better and then have a higher chance of getting admin because of it.

Additionally, I assume english isn't your primary language but either way I barely understood anything you said previously :p

D

Deleted member 8433

Aside for what you mentioned above, what exactly in my English prevented you from understanding me? But, but, the things you spoke about earlier makes me understand you perfectly understood my message, so if you "barely understood" you shouldn't go ahead and reply to my post, instead ask for more clarifications...

I am so clueless right now :O

Last edited by a moderator:

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
Just your last sentence, I think the syntax is a little off so I don't quite understand what you meant

D

Deleted member 8433

Just your last sentence, I think the syntax is a little off so I don't quite understand what you meant

You say "barely understood anything" then you say "Just your last sentence"... Anyway aside from that, I would like to hear more input from other peoples aswell if possible...

mariohaddad92

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Jun 2015
BEIRUT
this is as transparent as it gets. Donations are irrelevant, personal relationships with admins are irrelevant, the amount of times one applies is irrelevant.

things that are relevant include recent bans/gags, recent general behavior, recent chat-log, english knowledge, the application itself, connection time, and other similar criteria.

the most recurrent reasons of declination is bad chat-log, breaking rules, poor application, not enough activity, etc...

so if som1 re-applied and got accepted it's because they now meet the requirements they did not meet before.

can't add more details on any specific case.

Reactions: Nikooo777

ineyy

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
10 Aug 2012
During the recruitment process an applicant is looked at from various angles, some of which are standard and some of which require more insight into. There are multiple criteria, both inclusive and exclusive - both being mutually important and not bound to each other. We do understand how via passage of time someone motivated to get the position may move into a direction that will make him more eligible. Exclusive criteria are purely transparent and applied per-case.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
By the way, a rejected applicant can always ask for clarifications as of why he/she was rejected. We will disclose via PM what was the reason for being rejected and maybe suggest how to improve.

Believe me, I'd be very happy if we could accept ALL the applicants. Unfortunately we can't. You'd be amazed, and admins can confirm, how many applications are barely worth being read.

D

Deleted member 8433

Alright, now I have a clearer picture. It seems I skipped the detail of activity, it is reasonable of course to judge by this factor, since its of no use to have a successful application if the applicant has poor to no activity whatsoever.

Anyways, thanks for the clarifications.