Where's the love for V3??

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
Firstly I want to say that you guys do a excellent job and the server is running great with the re-location.

I play on V3 regularly as co³ and enjoy it more than V1 as I like to play as a zombie and a human, and i like to use the m249 to annihilate people :smile:

I see on V1 there have been some additional maps added such as solo, bucket and fail. Why have there been no maps added on V3?

Some maps should be removed such as:

office_outbreak - hardly any decent spots to stop hordes of zombies and requires too much teamwork to build barricades

Lila epic - too big and lila panic is much better

Little_City - too big and just a bit dull

I don't understand why some classic maps were removed such as office_attack as this was an escape map to get to the room at the top (a bit like 4way) or there is a room at the bottom that humans can hold with enough people. And also Temple, which is obviously a big map, but it doesn't have many places to hide so zombies can find remaining humans if need be.

In my opinion (and I think some regular players would agree) V3 has become a bit stale with the same maps being played all the time. Specials that are nominated are always atix_panic, 16 chambers or Playtime. In my opinion Atixpanic requires little skill, zombies can get to the top before the helicopter has arrived and framerates are terrible with many players. 16 chambers I have never seen zombies win 1 round as it has too many rooms for humans to camp/hide.

Why can't all maps be available for nomination, isn't that what RTV is for?

Solo, Neon, Veskerland, Fail, Mystic Halls, ZombieCruise, Kurdistan, Krusty Krab, Hoook, Fubar Towers, Floating Rock, Snowed, Nuke Tunnel, Dino Day, dh_jay_legend, Base Day - people have spent time and effort to make these maps and they don't get played at all. Some are great (for less or more players) and some are not so great so people can RTV if they don't like it.

As a regular player I would hope for some variation of maps or for at least admin on the server to be more active in nominating different specials to play, as they are not available any other time.

I would become an admin myself but i think it would be rejected as i have previous misdemeanors (nothing major) and I actually think I would be a good admin as I am always trying to help teammates, I hate cheaters or people that disrupt play and I would keep it interesting by nominating different special maps.

I hope these suggestions are at least acknowledged and I will continue to enjoy playing on the best zombie sever in CSS, thanks.

Reactions: SpaghettiCat

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
Hey, the main SPA that's in charge of v3 is busy these days, i hope he'll be back soon. I will talk with him about your suggestions.

Reactions: d.r.i.f.t.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
roy_highway is also much too big and should be removed, zombies have almost no chance to win there. zm_clouds is also quite big. at least it has a bit too much camping spots, i would suggest to remove some and then the map could be fine for the server.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
d.r.i.f.t check "News on EliteHunterz servers". Some changes has been made in the map rotation.

dataworm soon a new plugin called Ultimate map chooser will be added so maps like roy_highway can't be played unless minimum 50 players or so are in game, then i think it's fine, anyway regarding that map i will leave the decision to Enissay, but it is a popular map. zm_clouds is very popular and one of the most played maps, i don't think it should be edited.

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
That's great, thanks Havoc.

I was thinking couldn't there be an automatic vote on each map, at the end when the map is finished, asking if players like it or not. That way it is easy to get statistics of which maps are the most popular.

New maps need to be played more than once as there are many spots/secrets that are undiscovered if the map is not played a few times. Usually new maps are played once and a vote is initiated straight away, not giving players a chance to make a proper decision. Some maps are better with less players when the server is quieter, and regular maps can be removed if not popular. That way the best and most fun maps maps will be available as voted by the players.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
clouds is not that worse but chances for zombies seem to be a bit too low. But even when the server is full zombie seems to loose every round on highway. I could collect some stats how often zombies win but sometimes it looks to me that some players like those maps on which they can survive too easily as humans... Maybe we should make a server on which they can just play as human against stupid zm-bots :-D

TheRalle

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2013
Germany
clouds is not that worse but chances for zombies seem to be a bit too low. But even when the server is full zombie seems to loose every round on highway. I could collect some stats how often zombies win but sometimes it looks to me that some players like those maps on which they can survive too easily as humans... Maybe we should make a server on which they can just play as human against stupid zm-bots :-D

Lets reborn Zombie Apocalypse :D thats my idea hah would be great, or a Server like this one in my Video ^^

Greetings TheRalle

SpaghettiCat

15 Feb 2015
Hey dude, you've proved that you don't just whine but actually try to help :p But I have to defend some of these maps unless god forbid they get removed.

EDIT: Havoc, come on man. You removed 2 great maps because 1 person complained? Please reconsider there are plenty of people that love those maps. Please read below.

office_outbreak - hardly any decent spots to stop hordes of zombies and requires too much teamwork to build barricades

The spots are the toilets, and the big room with the table. It's doable for humans but zombies also win a lot of games. Toilets are intense and it's really fun defending them.

Lila epic - too big and lila panic is much better

What do you mean too big? It's as big as lila_panic_revisited, and much smaller than roy_highway. It's not big. Lila_panic_revisited is worse because it has much fewer features. lila_epic is DOPE, lots of good spots and fun to play as ZM as well. Great visuals and fun to play. So many good times on this map.

Why can't all maps be available for nomination, isn't that what RTV is for?

An admin told me it's because in the special maps people get stuck a lot, and an admin should be present to teleport people.

Word up about office_attack and temple being removed! Bring 'em back, they are good.
Respect for suggesting new maps, admins please check these maps out. I would LOVE to see new maps on the servers.

roy_highway is also much too big and should be removed, zombies have almost no chance to win there.

roy_highway is C.L.A.S.S.I.C. It's big and it's beautiful. It's an adventure running across this map as humans to get to that heavenly camping spot. Or to stalk around the map as zombie looking for your next kill. It doesn't matter that zombies don't win that often, it is fun as hell just to play on this map as ZM and hunt for humans and it doesn't matter that, because it's a big map, there will always be some humans hidden away somewhere.

Last edited:

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
I will talk with Enissay about the maps. roy_highway won't be removed, regarding temple it was a very unpopular map, officeattack is more for v1 as it's made for hunting, it often gets rtv'd on v3 and people dislike it. With lila_epic we already have one lila map, but i will look at it, see if it's popular by trying it as a special map and make a vote. Office_outbreak may be re-added, we'll see.

Reactions: SpaghettiCat

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
Ok, maybe we are going backwards by removing maps, just more need to be added. Thanks for making Fail available but don't stop there guys! Keep it interesting by adding some more maps such as solo and mystic halls. Is there a map limit or something?

Reactions: Skela

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
I don't want to keep on about this but I am trying to be constructive. I really enjoy playing different maps and exploring to find good spots.

I have had a look at maps that I think would be fun to play as they have great defensive areas. Maps on V3 need to have a defensive element and I think these maps have a lot of those spots.

The maps I think would work are:

dino day - interesting environment and some good defensive spots
neon - small, and tough with many players, but I think once people learn it it could be very intense and fun
snowed - interesting environment and many good spots
solo - great for defensive play as it has many good spots
hoook - many good defense spots
darkhunt - good defensive areas inside and outside
veskerland - big open map with some great defensive spots
mystic halls - big map with great spots on both floors

I was thinking make one of these maps available for 1 week as a regular nomination, to give them a chance to be played a few times. Then initiate a vote at the end of the week to get an idea if players would like it to be added as a regular map. Players all tend to go the same way but if they have time to explore then they can find a new spot and team up to defend.

Spaghetti said "An admin told me it's because in the special maps people get stuck a lot, and an admin should be present to teleport people". I don't think this would be an issue as players get stuck on regular maps (mainly due to props) and teammates SHOULD help free them. It is extremely rare that players get stuck in the map itself.

I still think temple should be re-added. It is very popular with regular/old skool players, and I have never seen that map rtv'd. I enjoy it a lot as a human and zombie as it has some great areas to defend/attack and is different to anything else.

I also enjoyed officeattack, and think it is better than any of the other office maps. It had the escape element and can be difficult, but I used to have a lot of fun playing it.

I have to disagree that officeoutbreak and lila epic are good maps. Lila epic has the platform at the top which is way too easy for humans to defend. And officeoutbreak is way too hard for humans as it is too open and usually has someone glitching the door so humans can win (this happens in Little City a lot aswell)

This is all just my opinion of course. Personally I would like to see ALL maps available, then the ones that are disliked by certain players will not come around that often.

Last edited: