zm_cliff_edge

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Hello everyone.

It's been a while. I hope everyone's doing good.
Anyway, for the past 3 weeks, I've been working on a new zombiemod map. Right now, it's about 60% done, but it is not yet in a compile-ready state, so I can't show any ingame images. However, I leave you with this one screenshot taken in hammer. Stay tuned for more!

e68Edsr.jpg

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Hey, your map looks good. Is it based on a bunker theme?

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Hey, your map looks good. Is it based on a bunker theme?
Thanks.
Yes, it kinda is. Lots of concrete in the map. The name cliff edge comes from the nice outdoor part that has a nice long view into the distance. It also has a middle area that is outdoors.

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Here's a wip screenshot of the middle area.
Map is around 70% done now.

KTieOOv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SOUR

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Updates!
Texture changes, more props and brushes etc. Still a few areas to detail and then need to work on the lighting.

rhJsAkm.jpg

dIgEIVD.jpg

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
I will have a test version of the map up and running by Monday (maybe earlier). I'll contact people in my friends list to join.

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Right now it looks like the test version is not going to happen on Monday. Lighting and optimization work is taking much more time than I thought... For sure, I will have a test version ready some time next week. Until then, I'll keep posting more screenshots.

6PPSvQn.jpg

C5KHteW.jpg

///M3Power

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
20 Dec 2016
Absolutely astonishing! *like* *like*
Keep us posted about the map progress m8 :)

Reactions: Makaify

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Thanks for the nice messages!
Just spent 6 hours fixing bugs and getting the map ready for testing. Right now, the map is in a state to be tested. I am scheduling a test session for Friday. Until then, I still have quite a few kinks to fix and things to add.

Reactions: ///M3Power and Paw

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Just tested the map with Havoc. He spotted one thing to fix, and I fixed it. The map is now ready. We will be testing it again today (Friday) on the public servers.
Here's some ingame screenshots! I had to decrease the size from 4k as it seems no image host likes the future...

wi5R3uS.jpg

6cMcjH4.jpg

Oh1282N.jpg

HEaaTVh.jpg

LaBD5hz.jpg

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Since no feedback has been posted here, I will consider this version final.
This was the last ZM map I will do, I won't do any more. I hope you have enjoyed my maps.

Last edited:

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Sorry for the late feedback, I think the map is to narrow, its like you can't hunt zombies since its so packed up, if you could like make the map bigger and the areas bigger for hunting i think this map would be great :)

Reactions: Melisa

klimbo

11 Feb 2019
Just tested the map with Havoc. He spotted one thing to fix, and I fixed it. The map is now ready. We will be testing it again today (Friday) on the public servers.
Here's some ingame screenshots! I had to decrease the size from 4k as it seems no image host likes the future...
good thanks bro

wi5R3uS.jpg

6cMcjH4.jpg

Oh1282N.jpg

HEaaTVh.jpg

LaBD5hz.jpg