zm_jurassic_park

Sauce_Piquante :D

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
Hey everyone! I started to create a kind of zm_jurassic_park map since I didn't know what to do and I was a bit bored... I'm still a beginner, don't expect something very beautiful, but i'll create a kind of dark atmosphere in there and some dark places, I don't know yet. If you have any suggestion or pictures about a place in the movie that I can copy (or try to, at least) it would be nice :)
It's more a kind of training for me so if you don't like it I won't be angry ^^ I will for sure improve it many times if I get some feedbacks :D

here is a picture about the current map (It's just the start uh... ) :

jurassic_park.png

winter

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
14 Nov 2012
Spain
Maybe create a little forest to hide/camp :p

And then a flat section, with some decorations and boxes (lol) for hunting aswell.

Gl with your map :p

Reactions: Sauce_Piquante :D

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Should this map be based on the movie Jurassic Park like its name implies?

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
Well as long as there are some dinosaur it's a jurassic park for me :p but that's the idea. I don't really remember all the jurassic park story but i'll put some fence and yeah ofc a lot of tree and everything :)

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
Hey dude I just saw that you're a mapper, so I had a question :p how much time does it take for you to compile the whole map to bsp with vis and rad?
cause before it was very fast for me but now it takes ages when vis start.

Too Much Guinness

15 Mar 2012

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
Yeah that's right, now it takes ages because of vvis compiler (light and stuff I think it is) so I just load the bsp one ^^ I didn't optimize it yet so no not any func_detail (I have a website about "how to map" so i'll spend some time on it later ).

Still here are some improvement :p Any feedback?

map_3.pngmap_4.pngmap_5.pngmap_6.png

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
looking good, maybe use slightly different textures for those orange huts that may fit the theme better, though in the end I would say gameplay is more important than looks ^^

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
looking good, maybe use slightly different textures for those orange huts that may fit the theme better, though in the end I would say gameplay is more important than looks ^^

Of course I was going to change it x) It's just easier for me to put every furniture and stuff in the house when it's orange than when it's dark inside. I do this at the end :p

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
add some nice theme song from jurassic park :D

also i hope that dinosaur can move x) or get the same texture as the ones in the ze maps ^^ and yey a zm_jurassicpark map <3

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Keep on developing and create an exciting story ^^

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
map_11.pngmap_12.pngmap_13.pngmap_14.png
i've been working the entire night on the lift! AND It'S FINALLY WORKING WELL! Also add textures to the building (no more dev dexture in map I hope). Moving water + waterfall with sound :) This is how it actually looks like in the "jungle" part :)

Reactions: Nikooo777

Reshuu

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
13 Apr 2013
Tunisia
Awesome map bro o_O
ive never thought that u could make a map like this x)
anyway, good job.. this map looks awesome