zm_marbble_v2

Should zm_marbble_v2 be removed from the maplist?

• Total voters

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Greetings all.

Today i posted this in the add/remove requests.

Suggestion: Removal of zm_marbble_v2.

Reason: Block, after the respawn plugin got added, lots of zombies started to block the small doors, so the respawned cts who can't shoot, can't get past them. This way the cts gets trapped and infected.

Screenshot:
View attachment 7041

Now i want to make a poll, to see what everyone else thinks about the map.

Last edited:

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Agreeing with Klovn, doors are really annoying.

Reactions: Dev1ne

Soph

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
6 May 2015
Sweden
I agree too. Plus the barrels -.-'

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
the map is actually pretty cool so we will not remove it, however custom settings for the map could be enabled.

I still have a plugin on my pc that i should upload that toggles noblock between respawned players and zombies

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Well i think the map is nice aswell, but my fps is usually around 30 in that map, and i know other players have problems with fps in that map aswell. Also there's not many camp-spots in the map, and 2 of them equals a barrel to get there, and the barrels always gets destroyed at round-start. I remember long time ago we had a special marbble map, which also was bigger, if anyone remember it then please post it. Else we should see if someone wants to edit the map, fix a few things and perhaps edit the barrels to something else.
Also, in general noblock on respawned players would be a good thing to get anyway.

yyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Nov 2013
USA
It has plenty of camp spots, more than plenty. Marbble actually has one of the most annoying hard-to-reach spots on the entire server - the red bent container. Knock over soda machines, grab a shotgun, have a buddy with you and enjoy your 10 kill streak. It takes half of the skilled zombie team to break through it (if they get lucky to break through at all). The barricades inside the little rooms are also very annoying. That's why I don't blame zombies who block the door, because with the introduced respawn system it's nearly impossible for the zombies to win on this map because a new batch of CTs is always respawning after the camper kills.

What I would do is edit the map and fix the aggressive camp spots. It was bad before, but with the new respawn system it's a total hopeless loss for zombies. Same thing applies to other maps that are very unbalanced which usually end with 10:0 CT victory. I mean, the camping on zm_IndustrialWaste and zm_ForgottenTown is out of control. If we're going to remove any maps those 2 are the ones that need to be purged first.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
I can agree on forgottontown, as it's a huge map, and the fps in that map is very poor. Industrial, well the map has imo a perfect size, camp+hunt possibilities, and is kinda popular, tbh i think Cbble is the worst map when it comes to ct wins. Check this screenshot.
View attachment 7042

Yet it's still the most popular map, and it's kinda the same with rush, fast etc.
Perhaps we should edit the amount of zombies that spawn, i think it's 10% now? Maybe make it 15% as a trial.

Btw yyy, regarding the camp-spots you mentioned above, the props in marbble are kinda bugged, so you can just run towards them, jump on them while pressing e + looking down. That way you get stuck into the prop, and may get past it, so you got those delicious good looking ct's in front of you, ready to get eaten. #nomnom
At that one room, you just jump while pushing e, then the props moves, and if the ct's tries to shoot it back then you're already inside or past it, ready to push the last props away easily and yet again #nomnom
You can also go for edgers near the window.

After all i like the marbble map, but it would be awesome if someone could edit the map, so perhaps the doors gets wider, that way we can avoid all the block, and i don't see how it would hurt the map, maybe if something could be done with the fps in the map then that'd be swell.

SpeedoX

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
27 Jun 2015
I personally like marbble, but i can see the problem. Anyways i agree with yyy - forgotten town is a huge joke :p It is okay with a little camping, but not that much, with places where you can never reach, for example on the big roofs. There's too many camping spots. The zombies gonna win only 1 of the next 100 rounds in that map :)

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
marbble just need to be fixed with larger doors. All the maps have good stuffs and inconvenients, but marbble is one of the most balanced, all the spots can be handled by zombs, only the red container can be a problem while nice barricaded. i think that those soda machines in that container must be removed.