zm_marbble_v2_edit containers

Sierra5

Donator
9 Dec 2011
Out of interest, why is it possible to see through the red shipping containers in zm_marbble_v2_edit? Is this intentional? It just seems a little unfair that a zombie cannot hide behind a container without humans seeing that they are there from far away.

Attachments

• st2.jpg
    st2.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 402
Reactions: Bazinga!

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
That isn't on purpose, it's due to low graphics i believe. It's the same on other maps such as 4way.

Sierra5

Donator
9 Dec 2011
That's interesting, I never noticed it on other maps. The old marbble doesn't have the problems, instead it has some fog effects.

I tried changing graphics to max but it didn't fix it for me.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
That isn't on purpose, it's due to low graphics i believe. It's the same on other maps such as 4way.
Wouldn't it be on purpose? It's for map optimization is it not?

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Wouldn't it be on purpose? It's for map optimization is it not?
yes, i had to remake the whole map to fix the fps.
UbJ0qs4.png

here you can see how it works: in the inner circle its a normal prop like any other. between the two circles it starts to fade the further you are from it. outside the outer circle you cannot see it at all.
i do this so when you are in an area or too far away to really do any harm, your pc dont have to render it. that means your fps gets better.
the principal is; why make your computer work extra hard on keeping track of players and objects you arent close too or even see(because its a long way away or you are in another room)

a very detailed answer, but there you go :)
btw, you can see through it, but if you use scope, you cannot. the damage you can do from that distance is minimal, if you hit at all

PS, its a cool trick that is as old as gaming. look closely on other games too and you will see things in the distance pop in. especially big open games like gta, farcry and those kind of games ^^

Sierra5

Donator
9 Dec 2011
Thanks WolfRam, I appreciate the big explanation. :) I was worried there was some problem with my game config or a glitch. Glad to know that isn't the case.