Zombie Horde for CS:GO

Anjin

17 Jul 2015
Hi guys, I know you're a ZM/ZE community, but some of you might remember Zombie Horde on CSS that was quite popular 7-8 years ago. In short, it's basically CTs with shotguns against bunnyhopping zombies (no bots, all real players).

I managed to port the mod to CS:GO, and I even ported all the classic ZH maps. If anyone ever decides to run a server with it, the pack can be downloaded from this SourceMod forum thread: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2313401

There's also a server running, and EH member SOUR also has admin privileges, so message him on Steam maybe if you want to play/try it out or something.

I even ported two CSS ZM maps suggested to me by SOUR and they're available on the server:

zm_eh_palace_final
zm_4way_tunnel_v2

Cheers

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Hi Anjin,

this is definitely worth a shot. The setup sounds like our current CS:S Zombie Hunting servers except the part about knockback, headshot and infection.

Would be nice to have some servers with different gameplay.

Regards!

Anjin

17 Jul 2015
Thanks!

The no knockback, infection and headshot-only (and the need to bunnyhop as a zombie) was a crucial part of Zombie Horde. I think this turned away a lot of people in its time because it required at least some skill from the player (unlike some ZM/ZE servers with unlimited ammo and huge knockback, which basically allow every 6-year-old to play the game).

Regardless, the mod was a lot of fun back in the day, and I'm hoping it might be some day again.

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
I would like to see this on CS:GO, i think it would be pretty sweet

Anjin

17 Jul 2015
You can already try it out, as the server is running 24/7 (though it needs players...). PM and I'll give you the IP. I don't think I'm allowed to post an IP here.