Zombie Re-spawn Timer Request for V4 (v5) Server.

Tadonator

3 Apr 2013
So I switched over from the V2 server to the V4 server a few days ago, so far all good except the fact that zombies are way under powered, for example, if the lobby is not full (2 - 25 people) its almost impossible for the zombies to win and will get hunted down almost every round, I think a 60 second respawn timer is needed to combat this and would stop zombies with less than 1000Hp from camping in door ways.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. oh and Hi! im new here XD

Tadonator

3 Apr 2013
edit, I just noticed that a V5 server does exist but I cant seem to find it on steam, is it down?

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
First of all welcome to EH forum.

The thing about the zombies being underpowered in v4...it has more to do with the playerbase than anything else (note: more campers and/or players with less experience and knowledge of the gameplay). This usually leads to 5min rounds with equal amount of camping cts and afk zombies. Also, enabling respawn on ZM will only discourage hunting, which is the idea behind the settings on the servers.

Having said that, I haven't played on the servers myself for a few weeks now, and things might've changed, so I could be wrong, but this is just what I feel the difference is between v2 (more pros/regulars/hunters) and v4 (less pros/regulars/hunters).

Last edited:
Reactions: winter

Tadonator

3 Apr 2013
First of all welcome to EH forum.

The thing about the zombies being underpowered in v4...it has more to do with the playerbase than anything else (note: more campers and/or players with less experience and knowledge of the gameplay). This usually leads to 5min rounds with equal amount of camping cts and afk zombies. Also, enabling respawn on ZM will only discourage hunting, which is the idea behind the settings on the servers.

Having said that, I haven't played on the servers myself for a few weeks now, and things might've changed, so I could be wrong, but this is just what I feel the difference is between v2 (more pros/regulars/hunters) and v4 (less pros/regulars/hunters).

I understand what you're saying, but it absolutely sucks being a zombie in a lobby with less than 30 people, at that point all you are is a mouse running from prey. a 60 second timer and a designated re-spawn area would help speed things up. anyway at the end of the day this was just a suggestion and i wont bother anyone again.

Dominik.

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Aug 2012
Well, Vydx. This is not that true.
I play on v5/v5 quite a lot and there are less campers than on v2.
Respawn is not gonna stop zombies from camping, they would still care about their stats (hlstats, database).

And with a timer, playing as a hunter would not working anymore.
Zombies would come from every side.

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
I understand what you're saying, but it absolutely sucks being a zombie in a lobby with less than 30 people, at that point all you are is a mouse running from prey. a 60 second timer and a designated re-spawn area would help speed things up. anyway at the end of the day this was just a suggestion and i wont bother anyone again.

I see what you mean, it can be very hard for a player that is new to the zombie hunting scene to play accordingly. They would mostly end up as zombie and knocked back to the corner and raped (especially on v1 when the server is full ^^).

You're definitely right about the thing about being a zombie with less than 30 players, in fact I think it would do new players some good if zombies had slightly more HP. I remember when I was new to EH I always ended up dying as zombie (though that was on v1) and I would agree that being a zombie can get incredibly boring and it doesn't get any better when there is such a steep learning curve.

And you're not bothering anyone. It's good to see players give suggestions and feedback, of course as long as they are politely expressed, which you did. I'm sure people here appreciate such posts.

Well, Vydx. This is not that true.
I play on v5/v5 quite a lot and there are less campers than on v2.
Respawn is not gonna stop zombies from camping, they would still care about their stats (hlstats, database).

And with a timer, playing as a hunter would not working anymore.
Zombies would come from every side.

Really? I remember playing a lot on v4/v5 (especially v4) and I noticed how there were far more campers compared to players on v2. Well I guess all I have to say is things have changed indeed ^^