Hyvää Vappua!

Finny

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Apr 2010
Finland
Happy May Day, aka. International Workers' Day!

This is one of the "official - unofficial" celebration days, which means that in some countries it's taken very serious and some others, not so serious.
havocin vappu.jpg

As example, here In Finland, 1 May is an official and national holiday. Apart from Workers' Day (officially: suomalaisen työn päivä, "day of Finnish labour"), it is also celebrated as a feast of students, and spring, called vappu.

(For more information and history, check this Wikipedia link. It might bring interesting stuff about how this has affected in your country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers'_Day)
Here in Finland, we like to get really drunk and group up in the city and just, do finnish stuff. Also drinking this thing called "Sima" (mead in english) is a thing, with or without alcohol in it. Including some cardamom bread.

Write down your own thoughts about this, wether you celebrate it or not!

Once again, Enjoy your day folks! :cool:

turkuvappu.jpg

Picture from Finland, Turku, during the event.

sima-munkki.jpg

The traditional food+drink I mentioned above.

Tuxedo_Mask

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Jun 2017
Germany
i think i love Finland :D
The Finns celebrate May because it's Tuxedo's birth month :D

Reactions: Finny

Finny

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Apr 2010
Finland
I got hella drunk. And with great drunkness comes great hangover.

President

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Mar 2017
We dont celebrate it here however I did notice that there werent alot of people in office today, ive no idea why, could be because of this day. Also my boss send me home one hour earlier than normal, could also be because of this day. Who knows?

Sierra5

Donator
9 Dec 2011
I didn't think we celebrated it here until I looked at Wikipedia. Apparently we do. I've never noticed anything happening!

aüx

Donator
12 Apr 2017
This looks amazing to be part of! My country has a similar holiday which will happen next Monday; people will get drunk as usual which is nothing out of the ordinary but there are no cool celebrations to look forward to.

Schobi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
31 Jan 2015
Austria
We also celebrate it here in Austria and it is even a public holiday. Also Germany has it.

And as my girlfriend is finnish, i know vappu ofc :D

Reactions: Alca and Finny