iFunbox: Installous Alternative to Install IPA Files on iOS 6 / 6.1

Epilogue

29 Dec 2012
Northern Realms
For you Seyfuddin xD , i got it from iGeeksBlog..
I havent tried it yet, but maybe i will today/tomorrow

Update: The team at Hackulo.us have stopped further development on Installous. Installous and the related repos and tweaks are no longer available on Cydia. To read more about this development and to find other great alternatives to Installous, read this post: http://www.igeeksblog.com/installous-is-gone-what-next/

Disclaimer: We don’t recommend Installous, iFunbox or any other Installous alternatives in any manner to Install .IPA files. iGeeksblog is not affiliated with any website/developer mentioned in this post, and we don’t encourage app piracy. Developers put a lot of effort to create apps and what’s a dollar or two to spend on buying these apps? The only reason we post on these alternatives is to help users try out costly apps before they decide to purchase it. Under no circumstances should this be misconstrued as supporting piracy or piracy-related apps.

iFunbox is a third-party file and download manager for the iPhone which has become popular as a great alternative to Installous of late. Installous 5 is not yet compatible with iOS 6. Many iPhone users complain that it is not working on iOS 6. Most users report an “Invalid IPA or API unavailable error” when they try to access Installous on iOS 6.

In this scenario, i-Funbox comes as a great Installous 5 alternative to install .IPA files on your iPhone. The software works on Windows and Mac, and comes with some really cool features besides the IPA download thing which it’s famous for. Let’s take a look at some important things in i-Funbox, and notably, how to download and install cracked apps on iPhone running iOS 6 through i-Funbox.

i-Funbox-to-Install-IPA-Files.jpg

i-Funbox is in v2.0 right now, with an enhanced UI that makes it easier to handle installation of apps, copying of songs and general file management. Since all the thing about photos, music, videos is taken care of by iTunes, it’s the app installation that gets maximum focus. And quite naturally, that’s why the software has become famous for.

No Jailbreak Needed
Well, that’s slightly a misleading statement from the app guys.

Actually, if you want to use iFunBox as an alternative to Installous (to install cracked apps), you’ll need AppSync and for that, you have to jailbreak your iPhone. So no matter what, if you want to be able to run cracked apps on your iPhone, you need to jailbreak it, even if you’re using iFunbox.

If you’re only going to use i-Funbox for installing apps you bought (and have the ipa files), you don’t need to jailbreak your iPhone then. But for cracked apps, you will need to jailbreak.

How to Use iFunbox to Install Cracked Apps?

The method is pretty straightforward and simple..

1. Jailbreak + Appsync

You’ll first need to jailbreak you iPhone running iOS 6 and install Appsync. Here’s how:

Note: You’ll need AppSync only if you want to sync and update the apps. Since there are issues at the moment with AppSync, you can skip these steps (except the jailbreaking).

- Jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 6.x and install Cydia
- Go to Cydia -> Manage -> Sources -> Edit -> Add
- Type ‘http://cydia.hackulo.us’ to the repo and tap Done
- Now, search for “AppSync” and install the package for iOS 5.0+
- Respring Cydia to finish the installation

2. Transfer .IPA Files to iFunbox

After you’ve installed AppSync, you can then begin transferring cracked apps to your iPhone. To do this:

- Download .ipa files from sites like http://apptrackr.cd
- Open i-Funbox v2.0
- Connect your iPhone to your system
- In the left-panel of i-Funbox, choose your device (which shows up)
- Double-click on User Applications from the left-panel list
- Now, right-click and press “Install App”
- You’ll be asked to choose an .ipa file: choose the one you just downloaded.
- i-Funbox will finish the installation and notify.
- That’s it!

Try opening the app from your iPhone.

iFunbox download for Windows & Mac can be founded at the bottom of this site:
http://www.igeeksblog.com/ifunbox-the-best-installous-alternative-to-install-ipa-files/

Last edited: