It's Official: iOS 7 Can Be Jailbroken

Epilogue

29 Dec 2012
Northern Realms
Featured.png

Wondering if Apple’s iOS 7 can be jailbroken?
Well, the answer, according to a recent Twitter update from popular jailbreak developer Ryan Petrich (@rpetrich), is: “yes it can.” :cool:

Of course, this doesn’t suggest that a jailbreak method for iOS 7 is in development, or that one will be available once the software update launches later this year.

Instead, Petrich’s Twitter update demonstrates that an iOS 7 jailbreak is, at the very least, possible. Whether a public release will be developed in time for the launch of iOS 7 remains to be seen.

jailbreak.jpg

In the ongoing battle between Apple and the enterprising independent developers of the jailbreak community, the latter always seems to come out on top. Apple regularly patches the holes that iOS developers exploit in order to jailbreak the mobile platform, and then a new jailbreak method emerges a short while later as developers and users alike look to expand the functionality of their devices beyond the confines put in place by Apple. Apple continues to put up a fight, but it appears as though its brand new iOS 7 software has already been jailbroken.

iOS developer and jailbreak community member Ryan Petrich on Sunday evening posted a screenshot of his iPod touch from his Twitter account. Petrich, who has released a number of popular jailbreak tweaks such as Activator and LiveClock, did not offer an explanation along with the image, but it appears to show iOS 7 with his Activator jailbreak tweak installed, therefore implying that his device has been jailbroken.

While it certainly appears as though jailbreak solutions are already working for iOS 7, it is likely that no new tools will be supplied to the public even if a releasable jailbreak solution emerges in the coming weeks. This is because jailbreakers will do their best to keep any holes they may have exploited secret so that Apple does not patch them ahead of iOS 7′s public release this coming fall.

Jumpin"

3 Dec 2012
Nice thread Epilogue, i wish iOS 6.1.3 may be jailbroken too as soon as possible meanwhile that iOS 7 isn't yet on his final update
Btw iOS 7 look awsome, a bit gay but awsome :)

ineyy

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
10 Aug 2012
I'm still on 5.0.1, and I'm not planning to change :D
One of the best softs, though I regret I haven't given 5.1.1 a try. Now it's too late, I haven't got it's BLOB's :/