[test needed] zm_avenue_v1

Killsational

23 Jan 2019
United States of America
It has been a long, long while since I have worked on and shared a map for consideration, but I am back with a new submission! I am calling it zm_avenue. It is mostly comprised of inspiration from the Counter-Strike map cs_italy.

I believe it to be ready for testing, barring anything vital that could be missing (It has been awhile since I have worked on a map...).

VMF

Attachments

• avenue 1.png
    avenue 1.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 52
  • avenue 2.png
    avenue 2.png
    15.7 MB · Views: 45
  • avenue 3.png
    avenue 3.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 51
  • avenue 4.png
    avenue 4.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 52
  • avenue 5.png
    avenue 5.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 49
  • avenue 6.png
    avenue 6.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 46
  • avenue 7.png
    avenue 7.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 46
  • avenue 8.png
    avenue 8.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • avenue 9.png
    avenue 9.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 46
  • avenue 10.png
    avenue 10.png
    5 MB · Views: 46
  • avenue 11.png
    avenue 11.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 50
  • zm_avenue_v1.bsp
    5.4 MB · Views: 40

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Hey, the map looks interesting and I'd like to give it a chance to be run a few times on the server, but I did notice some things that probably need to be looked at first.

Firstly, I noticed this spot. Players can get to it by following the blue path. The only attack options for zms are either to follow the same path or to get a boost on the piece in the alley circled in red, either way, it would be quite hard to get to players that reach this corner. I didn't test with another player but they may also be able to boost up to the next level which would be even harder to reach, plus there is a gap in the ceiling of that area so if players could boost to the second level, they may also be able to boost on the flowerbox and end up on top of the map's ceiling
avenue.png

This appears to be another spot where players could boost into a spot that probably shouldn't be accessible
avenue2.png

Finally,, it looks like this may be another spot where a boost could happen and a player could end up on the roof.
avenue3.png

If you can take a look and perhaps do something with these spots then the map could likely be added for testing.

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Concerning what Lotus has already said, I think in general you should make all those windows non solid, they are just bound to get people stuck on them while running from the zombies and at the same time enable for boosts like Lotus has mentioned.

In general I like the map but I think its quite small for 64 people but would ofc need to tested on the server.

The shadows on the map are very dark. This can be adjusted by using a shadow_control entity.
20240125202109_1.jpg