[Testing needed] ZM ancient city hunt V2 / V2 blood (best version)

TH3R4BB!T

18 Aug 2024
Hi all, I finished up the map with all the ideas I had. It is stable and fps drops free. But need some help in finding bugs and if you have some ideas pls let me know also. Every help is welcome. And thank you in advance.

hey
First of all I have to say that your map looks good...a mix of camping/hunting that's good.

But I have to say that with the big boxes behind it you can fall down and not get out again... I got stuck there :D

zm_ancient_city_hunt_v2_blood0000.jpg

zm_ancient_city_hunt_v2_blood0001.jpg

I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be or if you forgot to remove the little piece
zm_ancient_city_hunt_v2_blood0002.jpg

where I had to smile there is extra food at the camper spot :D it could take longer :D
zm_ancient_city_hunt_v2_blood0003.jpg

I didn't notice anything else...but maybe someone else will find something.
I'm looking forward to testing your map :)

1- At first sight,I will have to say that your map is a bit..too dark. Especially at the upstairs wooden pathways.
Please brighten it up so better visibility can be achieved.
20240826123338_1.jpg

2- You can fall behind the red containers at the top floor and get eternally stuck with no way to go out.Please fix.

20240826123300_1.jpg

3- Also important: Your map mostly consists of huuuge longways connecting each other. Snipers will most likely take big advantage of this and just shred the poor fatties.
[ Pictures below only show a few examples ]
My suggestion is: Add some cover to them ( can be boxes,props,doors or even fences) so that the zombies can break line of sight and use them as cover from the snipers.

20240826123405_1.jpg

20240826123356_1.jpg

4- You have made these two boxes higher than normal,you cannot crouch jump to get up yourself,they can only be climbed with the help of a teammate.
Please change that.

20240826124628_1.jpg
20240826124624_1.jpg

Tnx for all the feedback, I will address them in the weekend or sooner when having time.... seems there are a bit of 'holes' to get stuck (I think campers do not mind :p). Have to think on how to neatly at more light on the top of the bridges in the centre part so the ambience still there,

I am really glad with all the feedback and the fair point on adding cover for zombies. Also... I made a note for that particle to remove it and somehow forgot it with all the optimization needed to be done. Shame on me for that.

I am addressing the issues, only thing I am still worried about is the light at the bridges. And maybe I need to add some variation to the cover. I added the map (without the blood, even when it says so in the name) file to show the issue with the light. Will look closer at the map later this today.

Attachments

• zm_ancient_city_hunt_v2_1_blood.bsp
    21.8 MB · Views: 115
  • 20240831125816_1.jpg
    20240831125816_1.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240831125757_1.jpg
    20240831125757_1.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240831125645_1.jpg
    20240831125645_1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • 20240831125622_1.jpg
    20240831125622_1.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240831125701_1.jpg
    20240831125701_1.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 21
Maybe a weird question, on this stage of development, but how do you clear an other wall after another is broken?

Sadly, trying to add cover for zombies somehow corrupted the file. Lucky I have a back-up, a save before fixing things, but have to continue some other time. At least I learned a few new things along the fixing.

You need to make 2 walls destructible, give them a certain amount of health, and in the Output you need to specify something like "When Wall1 is destroyed = Wall2 breaks" and vice versa
Maybe a weird question, on this stage of development, but how do you clear an other wall after another is broken?

You need to make 2 walls destructible, give them a certain amount of health, and in the Output you need to specify something like "When Wall1 is destroyed = Wall2 breaks" and vice versa
1725228530362.png

1725228571274.png

1725228625670.png

1725228667205.png

1725228716623.png

Give the walls the required amount of health, and after one wall is destroyed, the second one will be destroyed too.

Raider, tnx for the tip, that works for some buildings, but I am stuck now on a non-solid wall and a breakable wall right under it. I can not at two functions to one brush. I will play around, maybe physbox works on the upper part. I will play around and see what happens. As long as it is not to 'much' for multiplayer.

Also, now that I had some time. and still busy with it, made some 'small' changes to the two rooms which looked really boring with only two big buildings and some blocks. Also I am hiding the teleports in a sadistic place, because were it was now kind of is illogic and poorly implemented. Tnx Soup for the idea of the covers, I am still working on them in the two other rooms. Think about what to add there too, so it is less empty.

Once done, I will add the map file here for testing. Prepare for more traps..........

Attachments

• 20240904151407_1.jpg
    20240904151407_1.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240904151318_1.jpg
    20240904151318_1.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Raider Wesley
Raider, tnx for the tip, that works for some buildings, but I am stuck now on a non-solid wall and a breakable wall right under it. I can not at two functions to one brush. I will play around, maybe physbox works on the upper part. I will play around and see what happens. As long as it is not to 'much' for multiplayer.

Also, now that I had some time. and still busy with it, made some 'small' changes to the two rooms which looked really boring with only two big buildings and some blocks. Also I am hiding the teleports in a sadistic place, because were it was now kind of is illogic and poorly implemented. Tnx Soup for the idea of the covers, I am still working on them in the two other rooms. Think about what to add there too, so it is less empty.

Once done, I will add the map file here for testing. Prepare for more traps..........
I don't quite understand what you meant. Write me a private message on the forum or in discord, and we will solve your problem, I will try to explain some points

Wall bottom: Breaks
Wall above that: Breaks, but is non-solid

What I found out is that physbox_multiplayer is non-solid by default and adding flags doesn't make it move and break on getting shot.

So, breakable wall is flag with 'no physics damage' and when it breaks, it breaks the wall on top of it. I do not know the disadvantage of using the physbox_multiplayer.

Show me screenshots in hammer

What I found out is that physbox_multiplayer is non-solid by default and adding flags doesn't make it move and break on getting shot.

So, breakable wall is flag with 'no physics damage' and when it breaks, it breaks the wall on top of it. I do not know the disadvantage of using the physbox_multiplayer.

I roughly visualized the picture you are talking about.
1725465951117.png

1725465967075.png

We have 2 walls. One of them is func_breakable, the other is func_physbox_multiplayer. When func_breakable breaks, func_physbox_multiplayer breaks too. At the same time, func_physbox_multiplayer has no collision for players.

But the main question is - why do you want to do this? Do you want to make some kind of door? Or do you want one of the walls to be some kind of physical object? This is exactly what I don't understand. Why do you need physbox_multiplayer in the first place?

Hidden rooms, but want to clear the walls when zombies broke the breakable one. And not let humans break the wall they can see through to shoot. Else there will be a gap in the wall, making it really ugly after. Just my 'I want it clean' thought.

Hidden rooms, but want to clear the walls when zombies broke the breakable one. And not let humans break the wall they can see through to shoot. Else there will be a gap in the wall, making it really ugly after. Just my 'I want it clean' thought.
I have an idea about your "concept"

Let's imagine that terrorists are zombies and counter-terrorists are people.
1725475412954.png

At the top we make a breakable wall that zombies can break down.
1725475506684.png

Below we make an unbreakable wall that people cannot break down.
1725475586960.png

We give the first wall a condition that if it break, the wall underneath it will also break.
1725475615809.png

Between these two walls we place an illusion, the upper part of which will be invisible. Zombies will be able to observe people from above without any problems, while people will not be able to see zombies.
1725475732806.png

It will remain after both walls are destroyed, zombies will be able to pass through it, and it will be invisible to people.
1725475915509.png

I hope I understood the idea correctly and helped you. If anything - write again

Something like that, but I did a bit simpler version in the map. It is just one wall, split in two, and the bottom can be destroyed by any one that will break the upper part as well. So the 'hiding spot' is revealed. I am now busy cleaning up and expanding the rooms. Got to continue an other day sadly. It takes more time then I thought.

Reactions: Raider Wesley