[test needen] zm_dusk

Killsational

23 Jan 2019
United States of America
Hello everyone. I just wanted to share some progress on a map I've been working on. zm_dusk is a Venice Italy inspired map, though that may not be entirely clear as I am still fleshing the map out. I'm trying to put something together that both looks decent and plays great. I would say I am about two to three weeks away from being able to share the first build of the map. Below are some screenshots of what I've got done so far.

The crates in the center area destructible. Destructible crates are made noticeable with a different texture.
PkXZ7nz.jpg
stUXN3F.jpg

Q4RpNtP.jpg

47fMRAf.jpg
VqZnYyF.jpg
SHXVn1O.jpg
ZE4W5Yf.jpg
I want to point out that the only ways into this room below are through the two small windows you see. The large window that runs along the balcony can not be gotten in through.
ZiPkU4H.jpg

OniMcAi.jpg
This standard concrete pipe spot does not require players to jump into it as they usually do. It's low enough to the ground that you may crouch walk into it. It is fairly close to the water, and where a downed piece of railing is. This should allow the camper in the pipe to knock the Zombies back and into the water.

OF3m80Z.jpg
cwCsJBp.jpg
DeUflXE.jpg
2IgALrQ.jpg
UeBQdTC.jpg

a638Xfi.jpg

BhCuML2.jpg
EoxQ1DB.jpg

The room below is an L shaped room that has yet to be placed into the map properly.
IEIRMJk.jpg

Below are a couple wide shots of the map.
wVWyRTk.jpg
pS2oHBQ.jpg

And that's it! That is what I've got to share so far. I will keep the thread updated with my progress if there is any interest in it from anyone.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Hello Killsational,

your map looks quite decent so far and i think it will be a nice addition to our existing map pool.

Please keep in mind that your map can host 64 players and doesn't kill the fps on low end PCs :)

Keep up your good work!

Best regards!

Killsational

23 Jan 2019
United States of America
Yeah, I am keeping the 64 player count in mind for sure. I hope to make something that's viable for much lower player counts, too. I'm trying to strike a balance for when the server is full and when it's low on population. And it won't be too large or have too many frills in it, so here's hoping performance isn't an issue.

Reactions: Dataworm

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Looks nice maybe abit small from what i see in the pictures but i wont judge before ive played it! also if there is any fps issues maybe wolfram can help out hes the expert on these things.

Nice to see new map makers and gl hf!

Killsational

23 Jan 2019
United States of America
Alright, so I ran into what I will just call mapper's block for zm_dusk. I shelved it and began working on other maps. I finished the first build of one of those maps. It's called zm_bureau_b1. It does support 64 player spawns.

North section screenshots.

East section screenshots.

South section screenshots 2.

West section screenshots.

Garage section screenshots.

Outdoors section screenshots.

Spawning section screenshot.

Hopefully it's given a chance and the community enjoys it!

Attachments

• zm_bureau_b1.bsp
    7.3 MB · Views: 365