ThatKobi

25 Jan 2023
Gamemode [CS:S ALL/CS:GO ZM]

Ingame name ThatKobi

SteamID STEAM_0:0:145933667

Ban/Gag reason SMAC 0.8.6.5: ConVar r_drawclipbrushes violation

Desired outcome Lift my punishment

Statement of grounds
When I originally typed the command in your Zombie Hunting server I wasn't aware it was such a bannable offense and assumed that it would a) not work at all or b) get kicked until I toggled it off again (I tried the command in different servers and got those results). My intention wasn't malicious but simply to see on what type of stuff I can stand on as I fell off and died way too many times on things that looked like I should be able to walk on. If you feel this ban was justified then I would please ask you to at the very least consider reducing the ban to a 1 year ban expiring this year on May 14th.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'936
Canadia eh?
Not that this really needed to be tested but the anti-cheat obviously is not going to ban you if you type a command into the console. In fact here is what it sends back when you do type in that commands
"
] r_drawclipbrushes 1
Can't use cheat cvar r_drawclipbrushes in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
"
We do not generally remove or alter bans related to cheating, if you want to play on our servers again you're free to buy the game again on another account and join that way cause your ban won't be removed or changed

ThatKobi

25 Jan 2023
Alrighty, but I do want to clarify that I did indeed write the command and I did indeed get immediately banned for it and not because of "cheating". I just got tired from playing the same game mode so I took it as a sign to take a break with expectation that I would be unbanned by now. Also, just out of curiosity, what difference does it make for you unbanning me or having me play on another account? Playing on another account while being banned on the first one is ban evasion, is it not?