Damage Report & MVP

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
I can remember 2 years ago when I started playing on your servers, there used to be this "damage report", which was basically a window, much like the server rules one, and it showed the damage inflicted to each opponent at the end of each round, and whether you killed that opponent or not.

For some reason, it got removed and never got re-implemented. Anyway, I think it'd be cool to reintroduce that feature simply because it was something to be interested in after having played an epic 5min round of hunting.

Another feature I would like to see again on the servers was the MVP, or should I say, the thing that appeared in the middle of the screen at the end of each round with an interesting piece of information, such as:

"Player X dealt 6045 damage to enemy players, but had no kills"
"Player Y killed 6 enemies with headshots"
"Player Z was down to the last round in the magazine 3 times, and killed an enemy each time"

etc. etc.

vaalaria

21 Feb 2011
Romania
The thing that appears in the middle of the screen after each round is still there and it says the exact same things. However the stars for being an MVP are not awarded as far as I saw.

As for the damage report prompt I'm not sure it would be of any use. You can check your damage in the console aswell.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
I think it would be pretty cool to see the damage done in a window. The console is spamed with usesless information.

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
The thing that appears in the middle of the screen after each round is still there and it says the exact same things.

That's strange, it hasn't been showing up on my client since months now.
Must be some command I would have to put in, anyone knows by any chance what that command might be?

However the stars for being an MVP are not awarded as far as I saw.

True, I just didn't know the name of the other thing, that's why I refer to that thing as MVP :p

As for the damage report prompt I'm not sure it would be of any use. You can check your damage in the console aswell.

I guess that is also correct, and I would agree with you, but it doesn't tell which enemy you killed and which one you didn't :)

I think it would be pretty cool to see the damage done in a window. The console is spamed with usesless information.

That is also true, however I wasn't seeing this as the main reason for this thread :)

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
cl_show_achievement_popups 1

Already have that set, plus that does something else. What it does is that when set to 1, it enables the different achievements players earn and show them in the chat.

The command I was looking for was cl_nowinpanel and if set to 1, it should force my client to not show the 'thing that appears in the middle at the end of the round', more accurately termed as 'win panel'. However it does not make any difference as to whether I set it to 1 or to 0, it just doesn't show up.

What's even more strange is that your server has sv_nowinpanel 0, then I should get to choose whether I can see the panel by the client command, but I can't. And it can't be that sv_nowinpanel is set to 1, else Vaalaria wouldn't have said he can see it.

Last edited:

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Searched around a bit and found a somewhat old thread, the TL;DR is that they know the problem exists but they can't yet find a solution to it or the possible suggestions don't work :/

Does anyone here have a clue on what I might be able to do? I'd really love for myself to be able to see the win panel with the 'fun fact of the round' again :)