Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
Hello, christmas is comming, so works began :p

Map will contain gifts, christmas music, lot of xmas lights etc :D

zm_3_rooms_xmas0000.jpg

zm_3_rooms_xmas0001.jpg

Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
Sooo, here is some changelog, What you say about those cooming changes?

• CT ramp is now lowered
• Added 64box on CT spawn behind bigboxes
• Added weapon block on elevator door (some guys on server always trying to stuck the elevator with guns. They are succesfull sometimes for little moment)
• Added textures into teleport room lobby. (Is it enough? It has to be little scifi, but if u rly want i can add more textures)
• Vent on CT is now bigger, you can run through it
• Added sofa in "this is not room", for zombies. Easier to climb up on the box. It was able to do it before too, but zombies had to bring sofa through wole map lol
• Added xmas music, all popular songs including harry potter one. Let it snow/ driving home for xmas/ wonerfull time/ more comming
• Added speakers into 3 rooms, songs from disco bar will be also played in 3 rooms and exterior near roof camp
• Added fireplace :p, and xmas stuff everywhere. It will be ready for the test in Week or two

More about this in veideo below

Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
Soo finishing UP
Changes have little expanded:

• Map is now expanded, added new spawnplace (so less CTs will spawn in Room1), So there is now whole new place
• Map has now 4 new secrets. Teleport to Room2, teleport to Room1, 2 new teleports to Disco they are now much easier to reach.
• Map is extended also in corridors. New teleport to disco is like not secret anymore.
• New fixes, you cant now glitch elevator by anything
• New camp at exterior, you can now reach that water tank (reservoir)
• Some ecretsa re now flagged by santa :p
• Map is now much more bright (cuz snow reflects light)

• Map is now much more optimised for slower PCs (more hints and Areaportals added)
• All camps are now easily reachable. Bad for CTS good for Zombies :D

This week it should be ready for test. I just need to add more christmas lights and songs, and its done :D

• Added textures into teleport room lobby. (Is it enough? It has to be little scifi, but if u rly want i can add more textures)
• Vent on CT is now bigger, you can run through it
• Added sofa in "this is not room", for zombies. Easier to climb up on the box. It was able to do it before too, but zombies had to bring sofa through wole map lol
• Added xmas music, all popular songs including harry potter one. Let it snow/ driving home for xmas/ wonerfull time/ more comming
• Added speakers into 3 rooms, songs from disco bar will be also played in 3 rooms and exterior near roof camp
• Added fireplace :p, and xmas stuff everywhere. It will be ready for the test in Week or two

zm_3_rooms_xmas0009.jpg

zm_3_rooms_xmas0015.jpg
zm_3_rooms_xmas0013.jpg
zm_3_rooms_xmas0014.jpg
zm_3_rooms_xmas0010.jpg
zm_3_rooms_xmas0012.jpg

zm_3_rooms_xmas0016.jpg

Reactions: Aha*gunpower*

Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
MAP IS DONE, ready to TEST, brightness bug is fixed too! I hope its good :p Disco is now Accesible from "milion" ways, its not secret anymore.

Some changes are here in video:

Whole changelis compared to V5 is here:
• Map is in xmas textures, xmas props added too, songs are replaced by Xmas songs, thy now play in 3 rooms and exterior too, thanx to installed speakers :p
• Teleport room is now textured and there is light too, there is also trigger_hurt to avoid CTS camp there. Now there is prop block too, so you cant barricade there.
• Elevator is now uglitchable by guns, gun block added.
• Tons of new Skip/Hints/areaportals added, its much lighter for CPU/GPU
• New spawnpoint added, Its whole new place, with new connection between "this is not room" and "broken elevator"
• New entrances to disco added: 1st Door in pipeline corridor, 2nd One time usable teleport on CT Ramp and 3th T ramp, 4th is in new teleport room
• New Teleport room next to broken elevator.
• CT ramp is little lowered and fence is deleted
• Added 64box into room1 for zombies
• Added new camp in exterior (rust watertank)
• Added new entrances for roof on Disco place
• Added new teleport in teleport room,
• Added new secretvent with teleport in new Spawnplace
• Teleport rooms and some other secret holes are now marked/flagged by Xmas stickers. So they are now easy to find :p
• Xmas lights everywhere, so there is still light when all lights are turned off
• Smoke added on chimney in exterior :D
• Fire place added for better xmas ambience
• Small props added in "this is not room" for zombies to easier climb up
• Invisible ladder added in secret breakable entrance between staircase and red ventcorridor
• CT vent entrance is now 64units big, that means its now walkable, no need for crough
• Many prop blocks added, to avoid unfair barricades
• Map has more light, so its not dark
• There are more changes, but Ive already forgot about them lol

Attachments

• zm_3_rooms_xmas.zip
    51.6 MB · Views: 99

Dhoudz

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
28 Jan 2013
Unfortunately the map had to be taken of the nomination list until fixed.
There is a bug, that several players spawn without any weapons at round start (picture enclosed).

zm_3_rooms_xmas0031.jpg

Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
Ive reported that bug on more maps. It appears when the server has 60players, and someone gets lag between round change.

Ive studied those maps where it appears if its rly map bug. They have nothing different than other maps.
There is not anything what could do that bug. They got deleted their guns after respawn as survivors (cts). But Ive seen this bug appears, when some people lag between round spawn.

I try to reorganise spawnpoints, but there rly isnt anything what could do it. When someone lag between round change, and the server is full

Dhoudz

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
28 Jan 2013
Well I cannot say how or why it occurs, but it happened two consecutive rounds to about 10 players (also myself), and also happened the day before.
And I have not experienced this on any other map yet.

Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
PLZ test it/ add back into nominations. Should be fixed, also minor fixes added. Ive reorganised all spawnpoints, and deleted two trigger_remover, also deleted many entities, to fit Source engine limit.

Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
PLZ test it/ add back into nominations. Should be fixed, also minor fixes added. Ive reorganised all spawnpoints, and deleted two trigger_remover, also deleted many entities, to fit Source engine limit.
WOUPS, IGNORE THAT FILE, this one is correct:

Attachments

• zm_3_rooms_xmas_fix.zip
    51.9 MB · Views: 73

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
We were reported several issues about this map and believe that it has too many entities.

Reported issues:

• Purchased weapons via !zmarket were displayed left handed suddenly
  • No magazine/ammo was visible / HUD. (wasn't able to shoot) / after infect i was able to normally knife others
  • Some players even reported not having a weapon at all
  • Server crashed after 2-3 rounds

Please reduce the amount of entities in this map.

Ps. A good idea was to remove disco by the way. Not only it will most likely decrease the amount of entities a lot, the disco was repeatedly reported to be a gathering of teaming

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Hi there, ive been noticed that there is still issues on the map related to entities. The server cannot handle so much at the same time + all the players. i would suggest you remove more entities, and sounds. they take alot of space on the map.

Ive also noticed that you box in your skyboxes, which is not a good way to optimize the map. https://gyazo.com/4fb9458c1b0d58ca457e548bbfb7ccbd https://gyazo.com/e8d38707fb995a0f3c28832c5865768b

Nodraw acts as a blocker aswell so you should do it like this: https://gyazo.com/cca5f8385e63c5be768c825743293097

Another issue ive found is that some props you have not set fade which makes the prop render through the whole area lowering fps: https://gyazo.com/1162fca3dc5c0bcdd3bc10e8add3c7a5

Another thing that takes up alot of space is Infodecals, on your map you have alot prob 30% of the entitites: https://gyazo.com/fe5563759dcb6d1bd98574feb91322a1
instead you should use Overlays: https://gyazo.com/ad1bb52ad0e99319b82a09e1dd329405

The waterlod controller you could also set to lower transition, 1000 is alot and as it is a big map this could help with fps aswell.

These small issues which is easy to fix would probably make the map work again.

But the main issues is to many entities. Try optimizing the map abit more and im sure it would be good!

Another than that, great map!

Last edited:

Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
We were reported several issues about this map and believe that it has too many entities.

Reported issues:

• Purchased weapons via !zmarket were displayed left handed suddenly
  • No magazine/ammo was visible / HUD. (wasn't able to shoot) / after infect i was able to normally knife others
  • Some players even reported not having a weapon at all
  • Server crashed after 2-3 rounds

Please reduce the amount of entities in this map.

Ps. A good idea was to remove disco by the way. Not only it will most likely decrease the amount of entities a lot, the disco was repeatedly reported to be a gathering of teaming
Okay, Gonna fix asap