[fix needed] zm_basin

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
While my first Backwoods map is being finalized, I am continuing a series of maps that are designed specifically for hunting, not camping.

This map is a basin and includes a couple of buildings. It is fully capable of accommodating 64 people.

I didn't find any bugs. I look forward to your comments.

20231005212425_1.jpg
20231005212432_1.jpg
20231005212441_1.jpg
20231005212449_1.jpg
20231005212649_1.jpg
20231005212702_1.jpg

Attachments

• zm_basin_v23m.bsp
    15.2 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
A very big map, lots of places to move around with big open spaces but, there are no places for zombie to hide in order to sneak attack. I think that most of them will end up in water and they gonna get "hunted" with sniper riffles.
I did find 2 things tho, the first one is a path that's closed, it should be better if the invisible wall where to be moved behind the fence, so that patch will stay open as it will give a lot of frustration to the players that are gonna get infected there.
The 2 one, by using noclip I was able to get on the wooden fence, and walk on it until I got on the roof of the barn. With help from another player, this could be possible, and that will be the ultimate camping spot, as fattys have 0 chances to get up there.
I will attach 2 pictures.

Attachments

• closed patch.jpg
    closed patch.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 66
  • closed path.jpg
    closed path.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Reactions: MegaladonEZ

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
A very big map, lots of places to move around with big open spaces but, there are no places for zombie to hide in order to sneak attack. I think that most of them will end up in water and they gonna get "hunted" with sniper riffles.
I did find 2 things tho, the first one is a path that's closed, it should be better if the invisible wall where to be moved behind the fence, so that patch will stay open as it will give a lot of frustration to the players that are gonna get infected there.
The 2 one, by using noclip I was able to get on the wooden fence, and walk on it until I got on the roof of the barn. With help from another player, this could be possible, and that will be the ultimate camping spot, as fattys have 0 chances to get up there.
I will attach 2 pictures.
I heard you, I'll add a couple of places for zombies to hide, and also tweak the places you pointed out

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Keep in mind big open maps tend to lag ALOT so add fog and try to optimize as much as you can or it will not be on main server list im afraid :C

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
* UPDATE *
Made adjustments to the map at the request of people.
A couple of places have been added where survivors can hide and shoot back. Teleporters were also added (see screenshot 3) in the barn so as not to run in circles.
Fog has been enhanced for good optimization.

The edited map turned out to be quite atmospheric and enjoyable for gameplay; it lasts at 200 fps in my bucket. I'm waiting for your comments and test)

20231012183807_1.jpg
20231012183819_1.jpg
20231012183831_1.jpg
20231012183835_1.jpg
20231012183849_1.jpg
20231012183750_1.jpg
20231012183920_1.jpg

Attachments

• zm_basin_v23_1.bsp
    16.3 MB · Views: 44

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
I noticed some problems with clipping and being able to walk through parts of the boat but outside of that much like your other map I think this is simply too big with not a lot going on. I understand you're trying to make a map designed towards hunting, but to be blunt that just isn't the way the majority of players play anymore. I don't think players will enjoy a map with all the empty open space that's in this map, and there isn't really a whole lot going on it the few spaces of the map that do have buildings. The massive space of water in the middle of the map could also be a pretty significant problem as kamarad already pointed out. This map could make it onto the special map list but I think once it's tested there would be some fixes that would be required before it could be permanently added to that list. Again like with your other map I'll just keep it honest, I have a handful of other things to do after halloween that are going to be a bigger priority than getting this map tested, but this map definitely will be tested at some point to see what it plays like, although hopefully you've fixed the boat by the time that happens :p

Reactions: MegaladonEZ

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
I noticed some problems with clipping and being able to walk through parts of the boat but outside of that much like your other map I think this is simply too big with not a lot going on. I understand you're trying to make a map designed towards hunting, but to be blunt that just isn't the way the majority of players play anymore. I don't think players will enjoy a map with all the empty open space that's in this map, and there isn't really a whole lot going on it the few spaces of the map that do have buildings. The massive space of water in the middle of the map could also be a pretty significant problem as kamarad already pointed out. This map could make it onto the special map list but I think once it's tested there would be some fixes that would be required before it could be permanently added to that list. Again like with your other map I'll just keep it honest, I have a handful of other things to do after halloween that are going to be a bigger priority than getting this map tested, but this map definitely will be tested at some point to see what it plays like, although hopefully you've fixed the boat by the time that happens :p
Basically, these maps were made as special ones, based on these 2 maps, this one, in my opinion, is the most atmospheric and optimized, so it would be interesting to do a test on it)

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
info: uploaded. server v1 crashed when I tried to have a look. removed again.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
that is, it didn't even load? or what is the problem?
Server didnt even load a different map (which our plugins normally do if server crashes or a map can't be loaded) - i had to restart the serve rmanually.