How did you come up with your name?

Woozu

15 Jun 2022
I'm curious to know how some of you guys came up with your usernames, so feel free to tell us about the possible lore behind them and maybe previous usernames that you have used in the past.

I will start.

My name originally was 'Woozie', when exactly I have put that one I can't tell anymore but it was inspired by a GTA San Andreas character called Wu Zi Mu or also known as Woozie (he is a blind chinese). In like early 2021 I changed my name to 'Woozu' because a friend of mine kept calling me that and that's pretty much the story to my main username. In 2023 I also called myself 'embroix' for some time, just made that one up but then changed it back to Woozu and the last 5 months I have been changing my name on Steam constantly along with my friends. First I changed names with one of my friends so that I was 'Rean' and they were 'Woozu', then we pulled our other friend into this and I was called 'Tabibito' which in japanese means "Traveler" and the others Lumine and Aether, all 3 inspired by Genshin Impact's main character that you can choose. After that i was 'Trailblazer', again the main character but this time from Honkai: Star Rail and the other 2 picked a name from that game too. At the moment my name is 'Yinlin' on Steam from a character from Wuthering Waves (lots of anime games o_O) and so did my other friends.

What about you, anything interesting about your username?

My name appeared quite a long time ago. Ever since I played browser games as a young child. Then I thought that the name "Ryder" sounded very cool, and I decided to choose it. But due to ignorance of the English language, I wrote it as I heard it in Russian. That's how I became a "Raider" XD
I did not change this name and used it for a long time. Then I realized that I wrote my name wrong, but I didn’t change it. At a more conscious age, I realized that simply “Raider” is somehow boring. Like some kind of NPC in the game. Therefore, I decided to add his name. I chose for a long time, I don’t remember what names I had in mind, but I was looking for something that would be suitable for both a boy and a girl, since I often liked to play in games as female characters (And now I love it do). I settled on the name Wesley. It was masculine, but for some reason I thought it was gender neutral. I was 14 when I picked this name for myself. It still sounds like I'm an NPC, but at the time I thought it was very original.
However, despite the mistakes of the past, I did not change my name anymore. I came to the conclusion that I would use this nickname all my life and in all games. 🧀🚬

In 2020, I was in 10th class and I was told by the computer teacher to create a fully functional webpage for practical.

I decided to create cool webpage and completely different from other students

So I had to choose 2 other students because teacher told to make groups first with close friend and do the work. I chose 2 of my close mates.

They both started working on HTML and CSS. They both were pretty low in coding stuff and they told me to do JavaScript and PHP. At first they completed their task. They sent me webpage created by using html and CSS only. So I had to import PHP and JavaScript on that webpage.

I firstly imported PHP and it worked well. Secondly I did JavaScript but I didn't check and submitted as a finished project. It was already sent to the teacher and I had no option to undo it.

My friends asked me to test it at least and I was too confident and told them don't worry I don't do wrong.

But after few hours I started doubting if my code is right or wrong so I opened my pc and opened the webpage and in the first page it shows error in JavaScript 😂. It was showing "syntax error". I searched if there's any error in my code and I kept search for 3 days and I didn't find any error. I was too tired. Finally to get rid of that shit code I completely deleted that project for my pc and went to sleep. I had school on next day. As I didn't fix code I was already stressed.

The first group submitted their project and it was very good. We had to share our project on second position. And I was surprised that it worked well on school. I was confused. And I asked one of my friend how our project worked without any error and he told me he just added ";".
When I was telling me there was some syntax error, my friend stopped me before completing "syntax", I only spoke "synt" which is pronounced as "sint" in English.

Since then I always focus on semicolons.

So my name came from there. "X" is silent in SyntX. The correct pronunciation is "sint".

In real life I am a ginger and I was always called a ginger growing up (thanks south park). One of my favorite movies is chucky about a killer red headed doll. My avatar is the character so I just put them together to create "Ginger Gone Wild" as fed up ginger who doesn't take peoples shit. Used it for years and years now

I choose that Name 20 Years ago. I listened a lot to Rap Music at that Time. A Friend ask me who ist my Favorite Rapper. I was going to Tell him Fifty Cent and i accidently stumbled the Name wrong. My Friend and me laugh a lot about this Mistake. One Year later he died on Cancer. Since then i choose that Name to always remember myself for my good friend.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say really cool and interesting stories so far. Some came from mistakes that have been learned from, some out of creativity, others got connection to real life and others are reminders of the past. Whatever stone may have blocked you on your ways, you are here on the forum and are able to live in fairly decent situations to play zm, so I guess its going well for you after all and you got people from this community who recognize you from those beautiful and sometimes meaningful names. I'm looking forward to hearing other stories. Apart from that, happy hunting and enjoy some great moments everyone!

My oldest nickname wasn't exactly the best fit. But for gaming and some other situations I used my call sign (as a radio operator) as my nickname. But on one hand this call sign is not so easy to remember for non-radio-operators, on the other hand it is directly linked to my real name and adress. So I thought it was about time for a new proper nickname. Something that also resembles me as a little IT nerd.
One of my first real computer games that I played (except solitaire or other little single player games) was Worms Armageddon. And then there are also wood worms and book worms, but I rather process/consume/eat a lot of data, so I finally ended up with DataWorm as my nickname.

'hail to the king baby' you fan of DN? :p Also got balls of steel?

After many names used before, I picked a simple one to stick with it. It came to by first a comic with a similar name, second that I had a pet rabbit, third I that i did not feel all well back then. I left the middle part out of the name, however, on Steam the name was taken (have to check again) else I will drop also there the middle part

Been using this nickname since around 2017, At first it was "ImDaInspire", then it turned into "Inspire", but one day i saw a guy who's name ended with "ra", i don't know why i liked it so much but at that point i renamed myself to "Inspra" and i've been sticking with it ever since mainly because the first one gives 2011 CoD vibes and who could of guessed that the nickname "Inspire" is always taken in a game 😄