How to install your own custom skins

Captain Chewbacca

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
5 Mar 2017
United States of America
Ever tired of seeing the same old normal skins on Counter-Strike: Source? Well this step-by-step guide can help you on choosing which skin is right for you.

1. Goto http://gamebanana.com/skins/games/2 - This is the site you can goto for your custom skin.

2. On the right side where it says, "Categories" click on a category to choose a certain type of skin.

3. Now you can scroll down page-by-page to find the skin you are wanting - If you don't want to go 1-by-1 then you can choose a certain filter.

4. Once you find the skin you love, download the skin and extract it to your desktop.

5. Then open up your folder and follow as seen - This PC -> WIN7 (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Counter Strike Source -> cstrike

6. Once you reach your cstrike folder simply right click and select "New Folder" on the tab.

7. Once you created your new folder, simply right click on it and select "Rename" and type "my_custom_folder" - If you don't want it to say this then you can type up any name you wish.

8. Go into your "my_custom_folder" or whatever folder you named it and create 4 new folders inside it - materials, models, scripts, and sound.

9. Open up the skin you have downloaded and open the materials folder in both "my_custom_folder" and the skin's folder. Then drag and drop the skin's materials into the "my_custom_folder" materials folder - With the other skins' folders, you will have to go into the folders inside the materials folder of "my_custom_folder" because you don't want to replace all files.

10. As step 9, drag and drop the new skin into the sound, scripts and models folders - Same as step 9, you will have to go back and forth because you don't want to replace all files or it will all go into the Recycle bin.

11. Once you have finished finding and replacing your skins, run Counter-Strike: Source, or if it's already running restart it, and play any server you like with your new skins!

If you are experiencing any troubles you can PM me on here or on Steam. Hope this helped! :D

Reactions: TheDude

Melisa

Queen
Staff member
Special Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Tech Team
Donator
23 May 2014
1'029
Sweden

nbaever3

5 Oct 2021
1. Launch "Minecraft: Bedrock Edition." Select "Profile," below your character model on the right.
2. Rotate to the character you want to apply the custom skin to by clicking the left or right arrow keys, then select "Edit Character" on the left.

sxmity

22 Apr 2023
Greater Manchester, UK (GB)
gamebanana.com
Ever tired of seeing the same old normal skins on Counter-Strike: Source? Well this step-by-step guide can help you on choosing which skin is right for you.

1. Goto http://gamebanana.com/skins/games/2 - This is the site you can goto for your custom skin.

2. On the right side where it says, "Categories" click on a category to choose a certain type of skin.

3. Now you can scroll down page-by-page to find the skin you are wanting - If you don't want to go 1-by-1 then you can choose a certain filter.

4. Once you find the skin you love, download the skin and extract it to your desktop.

5. Then open up your folder and follow as seen - This PC -> WIN7 (C:) -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Counter Strike Source -> cstrike

6. Once you reach your cstrike folder simply right click and select "New Folder" on the tab.

7. Once you created your new folder, simply right click on it and select "Rename" and type "my_custom_folder" - If you don't want it to say this then you can type up any name you wish.

8. Go into your "my_custom_folder" or whatever folder you named it and create 4 new folders inside it - materials, models, scripts, and sound.

9. Open up the skin you have downloaded and open the materials folder in both "my_custom_folder" and the skin's folder. Then drag and drop the skin's materials into the "my_custom_folder" materials folder - With the other skins' folders, you will have to go into the folders inside the materials folder of "my_custom_folder" because you don't want to replace all files.

10. As step 9, drag and drop the new skin into the sound, scripts and models folders - Same as step 9, you will have to go back and forth because you don't want to replace all files or it will all go into the Recycle bin.

11. Once you have finished finding and replacing your skins, run Counter-Strike: Source, or if it's already running restart it, and play any server you like with your new skins!

If you are experiencing any troubles you can PM me on here or on Steam. Hope this helped! :D
This tutorial is messed up, so check out my new tutorial for easy installation of custom stuff. https://forum.elite-hunterz.com/thr...ter-strike-source-a-more-organised-way.14309/

henrysboots

8 Feb 2024
Hey, stumbled upon your post from 2017, and I gotta say, your guide for customizing Counter-Strike: Source skins is super helpful. It's awesome to see how gamers like you share tips to enhance the gaming experience. Back in the day, we were all about customizing our games with unique skins and mods.

henrysboots

8 Feb 2024
Hey, stumbled upon your post from 2017, and I gotta say, your guide for customizing Counter-Strike: Source skins is super helpful. It's awesome to see how gamers like you share tips to enhance the gaming experience. Back in the day, we were all about customizing our games with unique skins and mods.
Speaking of gaming diversity, have you ever explored Minecraft unblocked? It's been around for ages and continues to capture the imagination of players worldwide with its endless creativity and exploration.