Idea about the maps

Gethigh

18 Jan 2022
netherlands
i personally think that there should be a variation of maps each month or something would be nice, its not that i dont like it now it is i love the server and community but it is just a suggestion,
because it is always the same the 1 that votes 1st gets it most of the time+ mostly that is 4way cbble canals marrble
and i see that there are soo many good and fun maps to play and would love to see them more often instead of always the same maps that gets chosen. thats why i taught i make it an idea maybe that every month there are other maps too choose from or someting that stops this Auto bot vote 1 people from doing this xD I Honestly dont know how the programm works in the server maybe you can remove some of the maps and keep switching with them every week or something idk . just a suggestion anyways love and peace to all.
airi one love :)

Reactions: Raider Wesley

Woozu

15 Jun 2022
on some servers there are nomination/map rotation cooldowns implemented and after reading your suggestion that seems like a perfect solution. basically a map on the server is played and then you cant vote for this map anymore until the cooldown is waited out, for example 5 map rotations or how big of a number would be seen fit which would give other maps a better chance when the big favourites are out. if im not mistaken there are a lot of maps not on the current roster that can only be nominated by admins, would be an idea to put some of them into the roster each month to sort of implement the idea of having new maps each month.

just a few examples, hope this helps making your wish come true

Reactions: Gethigh

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
There is a 6 or 7 map cooldown already. If there's say 10 specific maps that the majority of people simply prefer to play there isn't a whole lot to do about that it's just the nature of it all. As for the tendency for everyone to just vote "4", yeah we've tried to do something with this a number of times in the past where it won't just depend on whoever gets their nomination in first, but unfortunately just because something sounds easy doesn't mean it's just as easy to make it work in the backend. We also aren't going to take off the most popular maps just to try and introduce variety so that's not exactly an option.

Reactions: Woozu

Woozu

15 Jun 2022
Ah, i didnt know that cooldown was already a thing and i understand why you dont plan on doing too big of a change, "never change a working system", i mean the player base is very high and little complaints. Sad to hear that the idea to randomize the order of the maps in the vote fails to be implemented due to difficulties in writing the code but "there is nothing we can do".

Chchn

17 Dec 2023
can we get NEW maps ?
Some very oldschool ones ? I dont believe ppl wouldnt plkay some new ones
Not crazy big maps but some classics, cant think of names but I got some pictures in my head

In Yan

4 Mar 2024

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
I know it's a bit late, but the fact that this map is in "special map list" just useless. Remind me dude, how many times we have played this special map? Like most of hundred maps - zero times in a very long time.
You would know if you still played but since you have been away for quite a while let me do a little catch up for you:
The exact map we are talking about is an edit of one of the oldest maps ever for zombiemod.Previous versions of the map were there into the normal rotation and this specific version I am referring to has been in the special map list forever.
Lately it hasn't been played that much due to newer projects needing tests and more likeable/favourite special maps being voted.After all,yes I can put the map into the list for people to vote,but I cant ACTUALLY make people vote for it.
And ever since this actual suggestion from (27th of January) I've placed the map in the voting list some times,majority of people just like other maps more and there is nothing wrong about that.
Remind me dude, how many times we have played this special map? Like most of hundred maps - zero times in a very long time.
So this statement is wrong and quite bold of you to assume.
Also,as I already said above,this is NOT the thread to be talking about such stuff.