Installing skins / custom sound

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
As you may have noticed, Counter-strike source along with a few other games is now using Steampipe which means that files will be stored differently.
But, you can still keep your custom skins and sounds which you had pre-steampipe. All you have to do is:

1. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\custom
2. Create a new folder called extra, and inside that folder create whichever folder you need. Personally, I'm just using custom sounds, so I will be creating a folder called sound. (If you want skins as well, you need to create models and materials)
2D7uD.jpg
3. Copy the files you want to have and paste them in the extra folder. I noticed that the sound I had pre-Steampipe was saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\download so I just copied the sound/weapons folder from there and pasted it in custom/extra/sound folder.
2D7Dd.png

And now it's just business as usual. Just think of the custom/extra folder as your cstrike folder when it comes to custom files.