Is it a CT or Zombie?

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Please see attached demo. Player looked like a zombie, but name was in blue just like a CT. Took no damage. What's happening?

Attachments

• zzzdemo1.dem
    1.3 MB · Views: 57

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
I haven't checked out the demo but bugs like this happen sometimes, it's really quite rare but it has happened to me before aswell. Only you see them this way it's something client sided. Restarting game should help

Reactions: JUNIOЯ'

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Speaking of bugs, why sometimes zombies get trapped in the ceiling and cannot move?

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Mister Cr1pT1k explains too badly, I will try to explain at best :)

This "bug" has always existed, there are certain French forums which speak about it, and the subjects date from 2009

This "bug" appears when the team change (automatic) is done to balance the 2 teams at the round start, and generally this "bug" doesn't last more than a round maximum. (If the player is infected / killed before the round end, he will reappear with the right skin)

It take the player appearance of the round before, so if he was a zombie, he will have a zombie appearance

[Sometimes I take screenshots because I find it funny]
78E1E04FFB1BF51C93B848C0E5AFA9D930A6F4D7

I will say that it is not so disturbing as that because they are humans who have the zombie appearance, you can shoot him nothing will happen, he will not be able to infect you either ^^
Not everyone sees this "bug" at the same time as you, so some people will see it with the right skin

It would have been surely more disturbing if it was a zombie with the human appearance, but I reassure you, that could never happened because the first infection (therefore the appearance change) arrives 10 seconds after the start of the round.

Some say to write "record x" and "stop" in the console removes this problem (So, take a 1 second demo)
And it seems to me that I had already used this "help" and it still works.

After that, some like
Pr1cT1k often have the human appearance but have zombie brain .. but you can't do something about that..

Last edited:

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
And for the players stuck in the ceilings, I think it has something related with the crouch / un-crouch engine physics, it's pretty easy to do, a lot of players have fun with it, but get ready to stay blocked all round if there are no admins to unstuck you.

It also seems to me that if a player who touches the ceilling with his head, gets infected, it can happen that he is blocked because the zombie skin must be larger than that of humans, so takes more space, but it takes place in few fractions of second with the engine as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Kr1pT1c