Lately much more vulgar sprays and chat conversations

Saddam HusSein - KinG!

21 Jul 2020
I wanted to say that lately, I have been noticing a lot more vulgar sprays and vulgar chat conversations/name changes. I know strictly speaking, most of those actions are not against server rules, but I think a conversation in that regard should be started. I come to v1 to play and have fun and have some normal talks within boundaries but reading stuff about "dicks in butts" or other similar vulgar stuff is not appropriate imho and should be limited by admin warnings. Similar applies to vulgar sprays. I do not want my wife or kid to see such stuff when they see me gaming and I think it's very reasonable to say a gaming server is not the place to be displaying vulgar stuff all the time. It's getting out of hand lately I'm telling you. Hope some agree with me.

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
To disable sprays in Counter-Strike: Source, you can use the following console command: -cl_playerspraydisable 1. You can also set it to 0 to enable sprays. To use this command, right-click on Counter-Strike Source in the Steam Library, go to properties, click on the Set Launch Options and copy and paste this into it: -cl_playerspraydisable 1.

To disable chat in Counter-Strike: Source, you can use the following console command: hud_saytext_time 0 (can be set between 0-12 I think). This will disable the chat box/set the time its visible in the game. To use this command, you can type it into the console every time you start the game or add it to autoexec.cfg / launch options.

You can also mute individual players yourself by pressing «esc» and then «mute players» i think.

Reactions: sxmity

Saddam HusSein - KinG!

21 Jul 2020
Thank you for your help, but as you can imagine as a long time player I was already aware of these possibilities. I'm not sure that that is solution, I mean sure, temporary, but if server atmosphere is spoiled by some individuals, this spoils everything. It's not so much only about me, also about the server as a whole. It has quickly detoriated last few months.