!rates !put this in console

Dominik.

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Aug 2012
A question.
I had a latency of 5 all the time at my old computer.
A player said i should stop faking my ping. (No fake!)
he said i should change it to 66.
Before i had 40. Never changed it before.
Than my latency was 5-6.
What does this change?

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
i would approve this tutorial if i knew what i actually would do, do you mind explaining what is being done here? those seems to be just 3 commands without a meaning sense

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
cl_updaterate - This is the number of packets (per second) of updates that you request from the server. Since our servers are 66 tic server, its best to set it to 66.

cl_cmdrate - This is the number of command packets sent to the server (per second). Set it to 66 (for the same reason as updaterate)

rate - This sets the data transfer speed. The higher the better. This one is a bit tricker to set because it depends on your internet connection. Try a high number (100000 for example) at first and see if you get choke/loss (using net_graph 3).

I attached my autoexec because I remember writing down explanation on some netcode commands.

Attachments

• autoexec.rar
    1.2 KB · Views: 310

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Would be good to update this tutorial with ThirtyEight's explanation :)

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
rate - This sets the data transfer speed. The higher the better. This one is a bit tricker to set because it depends on your internet connection. Try a high number (100000 for example) at first and see if you get choke/loss (using net_graph 3).
max rate is set to 50k in our servers