Donator
10 Jun 2018
France
Hello,

i guess we are playing on 66tick servers so rates should be :

cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 66
rate 30000

BUT most of players don't know this or don't apply this and you know it can be gamebreaking because it's make you sync with the server better or worse.

AND you can abuse your rates like cl_cmdrate 1 to make you lagg and then being unhitable by most of players.

Can you add a recommandations on rates or just impose them while joining (i see some servers doing that)

so we have all correct rates and nice sync with the servers.

Thanks for all, cya

one

Donator
10 Jun 2018
France
up ? some players got around 300 ms, so good to get knife even if on ur screen hes far away

Blue™

Actually green
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
17 Dec 2012
Yoshi City
I've never played around or changed my rates, I don't frankly care that much about it, Yeah It's huge when I went from playing with 50+ ping which is my current connection ping and playing with 15 ping. It just feels so much smoother but, we allow all kind of players to connect to our servers that way everyone can feel welcome beside their lags, however if a player is lagging so hard, let's say they're warping around and freezing up every second and teleporting around, we have to ask them to either try to fix it or look for a way around it cause at that point they are interrupting the gameplay for others and that's not fair at all. Im usually very active and this does not happen very often that I come across players that are like this(thankgod).

Long knives has become a regular thing for me and even though I find it super annoying It's easy to bypass it by just not going for them at all xD or you extend your distance further away 2 times than you usually do cause they will stretch their arm across maps to kill you!

I don't know anything about rates to be honest, but what I know is that typing cl_cmdrate 1 in console your ping will go down to 5 but thats just numbers and has no real advantage ingame, typing ping in console will show everyones true connection ms even though if it says otherwise in the scoreboard.

not sure if anything about what I just said is revelant or not, just wanted to share some words =]

Reactions: Dataworm and Melisa