Solution: Fixing camping on "hunt" server.

Glock

25 Jun 2022
Hi I posted this to Discord, but it seems that its pretty much dead, so imma just copy same text here. Its just an idea how to fix non stop boring camping on "hunt" server.

Hey zombieheads
🧟
I have a suggestion for you. Since this is technically a hunt server, however, almost all of your maps are for camping. And most of the time zombies have no chance, and it no fun when theres 25 CT's on one box camping like they're in the wilderness and their lives depend on it (unless there are some edge bots).

So the suggestion is, implementing a script that would give 1 HE grenade (that turns humans into zombies) per round, to a random zombie up until 1:00 remaining for the map, so the zombies still have a chance, and would discourage CT's from camping all the time in one place. Most of the time, if there's like 10 zombies left, they would just sit in the corner and wait to get killed, just to respawn and go camp immediately. This implementation would discourage big group camping, when there are 20 Ct's in 1 place. How about that, am I making sense or does this seem ridiculous
😄

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
I suggest you join these events on v1 on tuesdays/saturdays if you want more hunting as the majority of the playerbase on v3 seems pleased with how the mod is and I doubt they’d be fans of any big changes to the current gameplay/settings. A nade like the one you’re describing seems like it would be too OP for zms and would probably be an issue for the admin team to implement as well. I’d also imagine tons of teamkilling as a result of people shooting zms into eachother once landing after jumping down from their campspots to evade the nades and stuff.

Reactions: svetoi

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
Zombie Mod for CSS has always been like this,most people like to camp to survive.If that gets boring for you,you are free to hunt but don't expect many people to follow.That's how it has always been and how it will always be,the game mode hasn't changed in so many years for it to change now.

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
i dont think that mod changing solve this issue.

i have some suggestion [only for v3]
1.)
decreasing hitpower (hit-hp) and knockback
2.)
anti camp plugin (bad idea)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2698400
3.)
putting timeout in nomination like ze server using (Because of this, all maps will be played)

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
i created maps with randomly hunt/camp modus (disable/enbale Camp Spots).

zh_dust_1_epic_v7_1

I think this could be solution to make hunting more fun and interessting for campers.

first impressions after test wasnt good , campers want to camp no matter what happens :(

svetoi

13 Dec 2018
No need to change anything, people like the server the way it is, so they play there, if you like hunting, you can play on V1, you don’t need to make a V3 server, a V1 server,
V1 server is empty.