Special Maps On V3

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
Hi

I want to ask why admin never put different special maps on V3? The post by cluth3r shows just how many there are and yet the same ones are always nominated (playtime, Atix panic, 16 chambers).

Mystic halls and fail are the only new maps added to the regular nominations, so the only chance we get to play different and interesting maps are when admin is on, and they are always reluctant to choose different specials.

As a regular player it is very frustrating and boring to be playing the same maps over and over, with the same spots and same situations.

I requested to be an admin so that I could nominate different specials to keep it fun, but was rejected with no feedback as to why......

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
I'm not sure how long ago you applied and I don't know if there is a record, however if you ask xylon after being declined why you were he will PM you. At least when I have been online I usually see an admin put a vote for a special map, and then a vote for the map, so the more popular maps win, same way that cbble, rush final, etc. are always picked

cluth3r

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Sep 2016
Germania.
Hey yes there are many special maps but most of them are not so nice to play.
If a special map vote starts you can write your wishes to the admin perhaps you have luck and he takes the map into the vote.
Atix 16chambres playtime .. are my opinion one of the most popular special maps and are therefore so often taken by me :)

If you want to have a map in the nomination list you can ask for it here. https://forum.elite-hunterz.info/showthread.php/9-maps-List-Add-Remove-requests!

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
I requested to be an admin so that I could nominate different specials to keep it fun, but was rejected with no feedback as to why......

You could have pm'd or added the special admin who answered your application and asked him why you got declined.

For special maps maybe the admins could be better at picking different maps, i do that sometimes when i make a special map vote but it's up to the admins which special maps they put in the vote if they even make a vote.

If you want any special map added to the nominate list you can do as cluth3r said and request it in that thread

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
It is all down to the attitude of the admin and a fair admin would ask what specials the players would like to play before they nominate.

There are so many specials they can choose, some good some bad, but we will never know if we don't get to play them. If bad then players can rtv or admin cast a vote and it be removed.

It is down to the admin to choose the special maps for nominating and if they don't ask then what power do we as the players have? Posting on the forum does little as I have posted about this before and still the same maps are nominated. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to be an admin (that and the cheaters and nasty/racist comments some people say)

I hope you can see my frustration as this is an awesome server and a lot of fun, but not if the same maps are always played and when there are so many others to choose or try.

Last edited:

cluth3r

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Sep 2016
Germania.
Hey thank you for your opinion. This is a reason why I have opened this topic all special maps with pictures in the hope that also a few others will be tried. I can also from own experience say that with most special maps the user usually fast cry and rtv write. It's not so easy .. I try always to take a known special map and then a not so well known map. As I said simply when a special map vote starts, write your map wish usually i take them up into the vote

Reactions: d.r.i.f.t.

Unknown

30 Dec 2016
At weekend Admin "Enissay" was on game and taked special map "16chamber", "atix" ect... I wrotte him, it would cool if he try something new special map or try test my new special map - but he dont hear me...

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
I don't want to point the finger at any particular admin and how they perform their role.

I just hope they realise "the power" they have to keep V3 fresh and exciting, whether that be nominating some of the many specials available, or adding new maps to the regular nomination list.

I play daily on V3, and am ranked fairly high, so it would be great to play different maps. There are always going to be players quick to voice their opinion on whether the map is bad, but if enough feel that way they can rtv. At least the maps are given a chance to be played so an opinion can be made.

Thanks for listening, peace

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
I agree with you that a variety keeps the game fresh and entertaining but it's the same situation as dust 2 on csgo. More people would rather play the same map(s) over and over again because it is what they are good at/what they know, rather than play something unfamiliar. People are more likely to vote for cbble than some other map I don't even know the name of. Admins could nominate other special maps but I think the mindset is to choose a more popular special map because it the better map overall for the whole server

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
Yeah i get that familiarity is popular but as I said admin have the power to nominate different specials and ask what players would like to play.

It's difficult if a map is unknown, or not commonly played, so maybe try a few to get an opinion.

I know if I was an admin I would be researching what maps i think would work and then putting them in the nomination along with others that people had requested.

Maybe we could have a "special hour" each night, when the server is busy, to try different maps. Admin then cast a vote to see if people like it, then change it or add it to a "popular list" or something...

Last edited: