[test needed] zm_backwoods

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
Greetings to all, I also welcome the administration.

I want to present to your attention the BackWoods map, the map itself has been abandoned for 15 years, so I wish to revive the old and very good maps in a modern way.

The map is something like a small village in the wilderness. There are some places to shoot back, but basically the map is forged for the purpose of hunting, not camping.

The map seems to be able to fit 64 players. But if anything, write comments) Thank you for your attention

20230919172900_1.jpg
20230919173015_1.jpg
20230919172842_1.jpg
20230919172818_1.jpg

Attachments

• zm_backwoods_eh.bsp
    19.6 MB · Views: 64

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Just checked out your map.
First off, I love the idea and the way the map looks.
Here are just a few small things I have discovered.

Theres only one way up this spot, I believe it might be overpowered, either add another way up on the other side or just block it off.
20230920195745_1.jpg

You can kinda get stuck in between these two cars, maybe just move them a little more apart or change the spot as you wish.
20230920200134_1.jpg

Error texture. Remember that you need to pack custom files into the map using VIDE. If you need help with this then you can always hit me up.
20230920200210_1.jpg

small visual bug here.
20230920200221_1.jpg

I cannot get through this window, it appears there might be something invisible blocking it.
20230920200253_1.jpg

map seems to end abruptly here, maybe add those tree textures here aswell to make it look more closed off.
In my opinion it would be better if the map was a circle. Maybe you can change it so it loops around and doesnt have two ends. It is quite the walk from one end to the other.
20230920200523_1.jpg

I am looking forward to trying this map on the server! Keep up the great work!

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
Just checked out your map.
First off, I love the idea and the way the map looks.
Here are just a few small things I have discovered.

Theres only one way up this spot, I believe it might be overpowered, either add another way up on the other side or just block it off.
View attachment 17840

You can kinda get stuck in between these two cars, maybe just move them a little more apart or change the spot as you wish.
View attachment 17841

Error texture. Remember that you need to pack custom files into the map using VIDE. If you need help with this then you can always hit me up.
View attachment 17842

small visual bug here.
View attachment 17843

I cannot get through this window, it appears there might be something invisible blocking it.
View attachment 17844

map seems to end abruptly here, maybe add those tree textures here aswell to make it look more closed off.
In my opinion it would be better if the map was a circle. Maybe you can change it so it loops around and doesnt have two ends. It is quite the walk from one end to the other.
View attachment 17845

I am looking forward to trying this map on the server! Keep up the great work!
Thank you very much for your comments, I will take everything into account. Also thank you for the idea with the circle, I think I'll do it)

Reactions: Kr1pT1c

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Thank you very much for your comments, I will take everything into account. Also thank you for the idea with the circle, I think I'll do it)
I know its a little bit of work now changing the map in this manner but I believe it will be worth it :)

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
Small little detail,additionally to what Kr1pt1c has already mentioned,grass texture is sticking through inside this container.

20230920193543_1.jpg

Also,improve visibility inside this area,it seems too dark for me and humans will most likely use it as a hiding spot.

20230920193452_1.jpg

Remove this crouch spot as well,humans will camp under there and cause a lot of lags + It will be difficult for zombies to infect them.

20230920193842_1.jpg

Reactions: easy and sxmity

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
Small little detail,additionally to what Kr1pt1c has already mentioned,grass texture is sticking through inside this container.

View attachment 17846

Also,improve visibility inside this area,it seems too dark for me and humans will most likely use it as a hiding spot.

View attachment 17847

Remove this crouch spot as well,humans will camp under there and cause a lot of lags + It will be difficult for zombies to infect them.

View attachment 17848
thank you, I will take into account, I will post an updated version soon

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
* UPDATE *
So, I have completed the map and listened to your comments and made changes.

1) The map closes, i.e. you can make a whole circle on the map, you don't have to run back from the end.
2) A couple of buildings/villages and places have been added so that you can defend yourself.
3) Adjustments have been made to a couple of buildings and the field itself, some places have been removed.
4) added 3d sky box

in principle, the map is ready, I am waiting for your comments

20231010221605_1.jpg
20231011210755_1.jpg
20231011210809_1.jpg
20231011210828_1.jpg
20231011210837_1.jpg

Attachments

• zm_backwoods_mfinal.bsp
    39.7 MB · Views: 59

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
My only concern is that the map is HUGE zombies wont have time to find all the cts and infect them in 5 mins. also its not very good optimized for such a huge open map. its like a ZE map.

It took me 2.40mins to run around the whole map without running into any house or stopping or climbing anything.

This area: https://gyazo.com/e9ceaa1894ef16672a19f5d4e29c1e4c Should be removed its just way to big.

If you want the whole map as it is i would probably suggest it to be a special map.

Last edited:

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
My only concern is that the map is HUGE zombies wont have time to find all the cts and infect them in 5 mins. also its not very good optimized for such a huge open map. its like a ZE map.

It took me 2.40mins to run around the whole map without running into any house or stopping or climbing anything.

This area: https://gyazo.com/e9ceaa1894ef16672a19f5d4e29c1e4c Should be removed its just way to big.

If you want the whole map as it is i would probably suggest it to be a special map.
Yes, the calculation was made that it would be a special map. But, it takes one person 2 and a half minutes just to run, but keep in mind that 64 people are playing, so I think there is enough time here. Anyway, I think we need a test to understand.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
Yes, the calculation was made that it would be a special map. But, it takes one person 2 and a half minutes just to run, but keep in mind that 64 people are playing, so I think there is enough time here. Anyway, I think we need a test to understand.
For a special map it could work. no not even with 64 players will it be "good" because people camp on roofs etc and zombies have to try for a few mins to infect them :)

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
For a special map it could work. no not even with 64 players will it be "good" because people camp on roofs etc and zombies have to try for a few mins to infect them :)
with my idea, I made a map with the expectation that even people would get to the roofs, they would need to break through with an attack there.
I can edit the map a little bit and change the location of the spawns so that it is uniform, and then, I think, everything will be fair and there will be enough time.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
with my idea, I made a map with the expectation that even people would get to the roofs, they would need to break through with an attack there.
I can edit the map a little bit and change the location of the spawns so that it is uniform, and then, I think, everything will be fair and there will be enough time.
This is not your map though if you are talking about this map :p

All im telling you is that the map is the biggest map we would have on the server for sure. this is up there with sibiria or even bigger tbh. Only way to find out is to test it but yeah.

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
This is not your map though if you are talking about this map :p

All im telling you is that the map is the biggest map we would have on the server for sure. this is up there with sibiria or even bigger tbh. Only way to find out is to test it but yeah.
I'm not saying that this is my map, I said it myself earlier, if you didn't notice, I meant that I edited the map so that there was balance and my idea made sense. Because for me, just sitting in one place with a group of 40 people is so bad, it needs to be diluted with something more dynamic and action-packed.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
I'm not saying that this is my map, I said it myself earlier, if you didn't notice, I meant that I edited the map so that there was balance and my idea made sense. Because for me, just sitting in one place with a group of 40 people is so bad, it needs to be diluted with something more dynamic and action-packed.
My suggestion would be that you look on map sizes on our current map pool on the server and go after that.
But like i said maybe could work as a special map.

Reactions: MegaladonEZ

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Maybe this map could be tested on the servers at some point, but I have to be honest it won't be a priority for me to add this map. It is simply too large, I do not think it would make a good fit as a special map and I also have concerns about how the map would handle on a full server again because of its size. Maybe it can be tested at some point to see if I'm wrong, but for now I have a lot of things to do already following Halloween and it doesn't make sense to do all those other things at once in one big batch, it will be things spread out over a few weeks at least, so if this map would be tested on a full server it probably won't be until December at the earliest but even then I just can't see keeping this map as a special map option because it's hard to imagine the size will not be a massive problem

Reactions: MegaladonEZ

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
I really liked your original version apart from the fact that it had this long linear path. I think if you just take that version and make it into a circle it would be very nice.

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
Maybe this map could be tested on the servers at some point, but I have to be honest it won't be a priority for me to add this map. It is simply too large, I do not think it would make a good fit as a special map and I also have concerns about how the map would handle on a full server again because of its size. Maybe it can be tested at some point to see if I'm wrong, but for now I have a lot of things to do already following Halloween and it doesn't make sense to do all those other things at once in one big batch, it will be things spread out over a few weeks at least, so if this map would be tested on a full server it probably won't be until December at the earliest but even then I just can't see keeping this map as a special map option because it's hard to imagine the size will not be a massive problem
In any case, your main point is clear. Now I’m working on another, my own map, which will be of an acceptable size and fit 100% for the project.

MegaladonEZ

8 Aug 2023
I really liked your original version apart from the fact that it had this long linear path. I think if you just take that version and make it into a circle it would be very nice.
So the map has already been updated and made into a circle, well, not to the very end of course, but the circle shape is there

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
So the map has already been updated and made into a circle, well, not to the very end of course, but the circle shape is there
Yes I know, I just meant you added a lot of buildings and new things now
In the beginning it was a very simple map and I enjoyed the simplicity of it and I think it would have made a great map for hunting