timed out due to internet loss and admin's warns if it happens again i'll get banned?

ztgasdf

24 Jul 2023
1690916347958.png
1690916362165.png

i'm a bit salty bc that seems ridiculous
my internet breaks everyday at around 14:52 for some odd reason and it was just bad timing
so i guess i shouldnt play at that time then...

if i did disconnect and reconnect after becoming zombie then i definitely didn't intend to, i usually just disconnect and not play for an hour because i got upset or something

Reactions: sxmity

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Admins receive a message in game that just says "player x has rejoined after y seconds" so goga was just reacting based on that message. Of course, we can check the server logs to see that you timed out, but admins can't always be checking that along with the rejoin messages that pop up in the chat. It is a little unusual for a player to timeout and rejoin after only a handful of seconds so I'm sure that's why goga (or any other admin) would just issue a warning, cause 99.9% of the time the message isn't popping up because someone timed out. It was just a warning so no harm done, but hope you understand what it looks like from an admins POV

goga2159

Gameserver Admin
29 Apr 2013
Russia, Moscow
www.pcm-online.net.ru
Yeah, i want to apologize for my warning, as it was wrong. We are all humans, we can make mistakes. I didnt notice the reason why there was a reconnect (Timed out), and was guided by two parameters (death and immediately reconnect)

ztgasdf

24 Jul 2023
to lotus; i let the entire 30 second timeout period go through before immediately trying to reconnect, and that usually lets me in right away. if i dont do that i usually get a "STEAM validation error"

to goga; i accept your apology. i'm sorry for getting very upset at you afterwords, i shouldn't have done that, and i'll do my best to be less of a dick when things like this happen