Ungag Request: DemonWithAShotgun

DemonWithAShotgun

28 Mar 2016
Member Name: DemonWithAShotgun

Name: DemonWithAShotgun

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:94787587

Gag reason: Not on SB. I was gagged for typing this exactly: "sm_say 'Nigger' in console, you won't"

Ungag reason: I was jesting at an admin (His/Her name was simply ' Admin'). I have had no previous offenses and have never actually seen an admin on the servers I frequent (24/7 CS:GO Mesa & Beginner, occasionally Kitsune), which is why I was messing with him/her. I couldn't find an MOTD but after looking through the ban/gag/unban/ungag app page, I found that I was gagged unjustly, I was never issued a warning of any kind. I said what I said (mentioned in the gag reason) and was immediately gagged (Not sure for how long, I think all gags are permanent(?)). I deserve to be ungagged according to your rules of conduct for your admins, it's as simple as that. I also find it absurd that any admin, especially one policing the cancerous CS:GO surf servers would issue a gag so ruthlessly for one simple count of racism. I say 'nigger' once, but when someone is just deep-throating their mic and howling it nothing really is done.

I'd also like to mention that this admin openly insulted me and allowed (and seemingly encouraged) others to do the same.

I find this to be extremely unacceptable, and hope to get ungagged on your servers.

Thanks!

~DWAS

Last edited:

Zackmadness

Actually Zacksweetness
GoFree Admin
Donator
30 Oct 2015
United States, Colorado
Hello Demon, I am the admin who gagged you. Yes the gag was permanent, and sadly it was not unjust even though you was just "jesting" you have to understand that me or any other admins take racism very seriously on the point, no one else was doing anything wrong from what I was reading/hearing. I am willing to reduce your gag to a week or so. Thanks for the ungag request.

-Zackmadnress

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'940
Canadia eh?
A warning is required for unwanted music, nothing else. A racist, spamming person such as yourself does not merit a warning, racism of any sort is immediately punishable. If you would like to look for yourself at your chat log, there is plenty of spamming, racism, and just general insulting, so I really see no reason why you deserve to be ungagged. There a multiple occasions of you being racist, spamming chat, and insulting people so there really is no reason to ungag you. Additionally I see no evidence showing that the admin insulted you or that others insulted you in any way, would recommend you don't lie to help out your case, it does not reflect well on yourself.

That is all, Lotus

DemonWithAShotgun

28 Mar 2016
I'll say this once, I am not lying to you. I've no idea how to check logs myself, but I assure you that I'm not a racist (at least not more than anyone else) and although yes, I do remember a bit of spam-iness (My buddy taught me how to bind keys to say stuff, I was so excited). I didn't see any proof of my chat messages annoying anyone, and if someone would have told me to stop, I would have.

I'm not saying what I did was right or justified, far from it. But I can recount many times where people have done worse. At some points things get so out of hand that I'm forced to leave the server.

There isn't really any presence of administration or "safety" from people worse than I (I'm talking going on the server on and off all day (trying to improve my surf skills one day) and never seeing a member of this community's staff).

What I did was stupid, yes. It was also in good fun (for me, anyway). I understand that you "Take racism very seriously", but to permamute someone for saying one word only once (This was all done immediately after saying it, this admin did not check my chat logs (Still no idea how to find these, a link or instructions would be great :D)) seems a bit much.

What I've been trying to say is that I'm very sorry and hope that you can forgive me.

I'm not trying to lessen the time (thanks for un-perma-ing it, by the way. I really appreciate it.), but I really can't stand to sit back and read what you say about me and not respond in some fashion. It hurts fam, it really does. I'm a sensitive guy. (Completely irrelevant, dunno why I'm still typing) But I feel bad for what I've done and am trying to justify / redeem myself if you strangers' eyes. I don't want for people who don't know me to not like me. Sorry for taking your time with this malarkey.

<3
~DWAS

Last edited:

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'940
Canadia eh?
I provided a link to your chat log in my above chat, I think zack has shortened your mute, but any racism, no matter how minor, is punishable. Sorry that the servers sometimes get so toxic you have to leave, but it is impossible for every single server to be monitored 24/7 so that will happen unfortunately. If the link I gave you for your chatlog doesn't work go back to the main page for the forum and at the bottom there is something labelled as HLStats, you can find it on there. With only chat logs I see no making fun of you or provoking you or anything of the sort, and without actual video evidence or something of voice chat there is no way to know exactly what was said

DemonWithAShotgun

28 Mar 2016
Thank you very much for your timely response and understanding, I appreciate it very much.

Thank you again for the instructions / link, I appreciate that as well.

I hope we can put all of this behind us and be friendly :)

~DWAS