V1, ideas and suggestions.

Vote for those you think should be done.

• Total voters

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
Hello.

You might have recognized that v1's reputation has decreased a lot recently, you can often see that there are twice as many players on v3 than v1, which isn't normal. V3's reputation has on the other side also increased which is good, but i hope we can gain some players back to v1.

The server is very rarely full, where it used to be full almost all the time from 12pm to 10pm CEST. Anyway css is dying so it will never be like before, but we should be able to gain some players back. I am looking for suggestions and i will add a poll to the thread about possible changes that can be done.

Feel free to reply with your idea(s)

Last edited:

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I'm not sure if it would have an affect on the activity but I think there are maps on v1 and v3 also in the regular mapcycle, that doesn't belong there. roy_highway for example, the map is just too large even when the server is filled. But there were other similar maps which are just too big and zombies dont really got a chance. The humans have many playes where they can camp and if zombies are trying to overrun one position, killed zombies will just respawn and will easily get a new camping spot long before zombies have reached that new position...

I dont really care about new maps but I guess for many players it would be more interesting to get some new maps to discover. But as mentioned I think they should match the server to provide a good balance of chances for zombies and humans.

Regarding the weapons: It is probably one of the main differences to v3. Sure we could also make v1 similar to v3 and hope for more activity that way but on the other side that difference could make it more attractive for more skilled players who don't want to play with autonoobs...

Proxyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
19 Nov 2015
Sweden
As dataworm said, the weapons you can use is the main difference between V1 and V3. It should NOT be changed if you ask me...

I often feel like the outbreaks on V1 is much less "agressive" compared to V3. This makes it kinda boring for me atleast. I am not certain what this depends on but I think that the fact that zombies die very easily on V1 beacuse of the minor HP is a key factor, increasing HP would be a good idea. I would also like to point out that we, both V1 and V3, could use new maps. I have no experience of mapping at all so I don't know how much work that will require, but I often hear players complaining about playing the same maps over and over again, so I would say this is also a thing we could improve:)

mariohaddad92

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Jun 2015
BEIRUT
- new maps
- respawn at least 3 times
- new skins
- just an idea : add a new parameter to gameplay, for example when there's 1 zombie left automatically give him higher walking speed or something similar ...

just4fun

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Oct 2015
About maps
I agree with Dataworm that there are some maps which should be reviewed and may be removed. Although we are mostly talking about personal preferences here. Some people may say roy_highway is way to big while others love it for nostalgic reasons/being a classic zm map. Basically all maps should be reviewed and discussed. The hard part will be to get player's opinions because most of them do not visit the forums. We could start an official survey with an announcement/link on the servers which would continously remind players to come to the forum and take part in the survey.
Some other example on V3 is zm_cloud, an extreme camping map imo, zombies basically do not have a chance. Maybe 1/10 rounds are won by zombies. But the map is quite popular. The reason could be different playstyle on both V1 and V3. On V3 people rarely go hunt zombies actively, while on V1 people start hunting as soon as the dust around the motherzombies has settled.

In my own experience new maps are (at least on V3) hard to get accepted by players. When people ask for a special map, many will ask for same map over and over again, like 16chambres or playtime. I did some special maps with only new/less popular maps on the vote. On V3 players at first were happy about new maps but after 1-3 rounds played they already type rtv, "change map pls", etc. Imo the reason for this is that people on V3 camp and they don't know yet which spots are save and how to get there. We could add some new maps to the nomation list and "force" people to play it more often that way. We do have some great maps that people aren't aware of.

About weapons
I think weapons on both servers are fine and should not be changed because the limited weapons on V1 allow the active hunting playstyle we have, while the rifles and auto-sniperifles fit the camping playstyle of V3. Changing the weapons means destroying the gameplay imo or let's say destroying the one thing that makes both servers what there are liked for.
And for example with sniper rifles on V1 you would have to change zmb's HP as well because 300+damage each shot would be ridicolous on 1.8k HP.

Last edited:

POWHA

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
25 May 2013
Hello guys!

I personally have played on your zm-servers for many many years! There have been alot of servers v1-v5..different maps/skins/hp etc
As an old school zombiehunter i can confirm that some of these other servers like v2 or the v4 are really missed!

For me there is no interesting server left on EH...the gameplay is completely different now.
The critical factor is the respawn system! No interesting hunting anymore...only shooting 24/7 without using brain.

Maybe it gets better one day again :confused:

greets

Reactions: Vydx

Hail To The King Baby

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Aug 2015
DAnmark
www.youtube.com
If it is anyway possible, the idea of making more zombies spawn at roundstart at certain times, would be nice.

that is i.e. : if system see 5 top 100 players ingame, make +2 zombies spawn at spawn.

If you think about CBBLE, it is almost impossible for zombies to win, when server is +30 players and there are -3-5-8 top 100 players :

When top 100 players are ingame, they immediately hunt after spawn - drawing other players with them around the map - that means there is a lot of firepower in that hunting group, leaving the 2-3 spawning zombies without any chance.

More spawn zombies if more players are on server ( as it is now - just more :) ( or with the top 100 player thing) could be a great idea, I think.)

Hail To The King Baby

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Aug 2015
DAnmark
www.youtube.com
It helps sleeping: I just remembered an old idea from another server:

place 2-5 bots when there are no players on server: when 1 player joins - 1 bot dissapears. so there all the time are total 5 players/bots.

That has been done on other servers back in the days, and it works

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
-Give zombies more hp, regular zombies 2400 hp, mother zombies 4800. Right now they die way too easily, not least because the P90 and M3 are very powerful weapons. On maps like cbble and rush_final (great new map btw) a zombie can lose 1000+ hp in 1 second due to the sheer number of people standing and shooting all in the same direction.

-Alternatively you could nerf the M3 pushback and especially the P90, both of which are clearly the player's favorites.

-Don't enable (sniper) rifles, those will only help campers with aiming and will deter zombies from attempting to get them even more.

-Make re-spawn after death only possible once every round. People as zombies often let themselves die so they can play as a CT. No need for re-spawn to be available twice imo.

-When there are few CTs in comparison to zombies, make late joiners unable to spawn that round, otherwise that round, which inevitably results in a win for zombies, just prolongs needlessly. This is intended for when the server has 40+ players during peak time, not for when there are only max 20 players.

-Add new and fun maps, I'll try and find a few as well if I remember any names.

Mob Tactics

19 Aug 2016
The zombies on v1 could use more HP. On a lot of maps the humans are too dominant (e.g. cbble, fast, rush, marbble)

This leads to situations where zombies will only camp because the moment they show themselves they are instantly pinned to a corner and shot. How can the zombie attack if one headshot from an m3 can be half his HP pool?

The big question is of course how much HP more. I'm guessing they must be able to survive at least one more average headshot from an m3. Which will be around 500HP.

One or two more motherzombies wouldn't hurt either, on some maps there are too many safespots for humans to climb on.

D

Deleted member 8433

Hello. I just have a few suggestions. Sometime ago back in 2011, I was playing on the now defunct DSE(Dark Shadow Elite) zombie server. This one had something like a prop menu and 3 different zombie characters, each with its advantages and disadvantages, suggesting players to choose wisely according to the situation.

This prop menu basically spawned a few kinds of props, the ones who were heavier were breakable, the unbreakable ones was pretty much useless because of them being low to moderately light... Also, if I remember correctly, it had a point system which allows you to add a certain amounts of points depending on how many zombies you were able to kill. I think it adds a certain dynamic element to it but also at the same time it adds the problem of cade breakers who simply cannot stay put without killing that prop.

To this regard, admins can warn and take care of the problem, if the system is going to be implemented. At the beginning I think its going to be a daunting problem but... yeah.

SpaghettiCat

15 Feb 2015
Hello. I just have a few suggestions. Sometime ago back in 2011, I was playing on the now defunct DSE(Dark Shadow Elite) zombie server. This one had something like a prop menu and 3 different zombie characters, each with its advantages and disadvantages, suggesting players to choose wisely according to the situation.

This prop menu basically spawned a few kinds of props, the ones who were heavier were breakable, the unbreakable ones was pretty much useless because of them being low to moderately light... Also, if I remember correctly, it had a point system which allows you to add a certain amounts of points depending on how many zombies you were able to kill. I think it adds a certain dynamic element to it but also at the same time it adds the problem of cade breakers who simply cannot stay put without killing that prop.

To this regard, admins can warn and take care of the problem, if the system is going to be implemented. At the beginning I think its going to be a daunting problem but... yeah.

I would hate for this suggestion to be implemented. I played on servers like this and it's not fun. Humans can camp in an otherwise bad spot, but beacuse they saved up enough credits they just keep taking turns to spawn objects that block the zombies. So they camp in these gay spots and don't go out to hunt. And the props actually help the humans, whereas the problem currently is that it's too easy for humans to win.

Havoc said:
Anyway css is dying so it will never be like before, but we should be able to gain some players back.

What a horrible thing to say! :( I think ZM is the exception. CSGO still doesn't have as many big, full servers as CSS does. ZE on CS:S is still full, alive and kicking. CSS ZM/ZE for life!

Personally, I stopped playing on the v1 server because of how much it favours humans. It's not fun to play when there's no challenge and you're not fighting to survive.

Last edited:

SpaghettiCat

15 Feb 2015
- just an idea : add a new parameter to gameplay, for example when there's 1 zombie left automatically give him higher walking speed or something similar ...

I really like this idea, it's innovative and helps the balance. Except I would do it for the last 3-4 zombies left. Usually the last zombie is stuck in a corner, some vent or a vending machine, so the perk would be totally ineffective.

I have an idea that is used on CS 1.6 ZM servers:

• Randomly (maybe 1/10 chance) that a round is a special round.
  • In this round 1-3 players are chosen as the boss zombies
  • They have an Aliens skin
  • 20-30k HP
  • Can jump forward fast and bhop makes them faster so they can move around the map quickly
  • The boss zombies knife attack insta-kills humans (and they don't respawn).
  • The boss has a green glow around him that you can see through walls if he's next to the wall.

That is so fun to play, you have to keep a distance from the boss and shoot him from far away, and when he turns and decides to chase your group you're like "Oh shit! Run boys! Thank god he killed my friend but I ran away". When you see his glow through the walls when you're hiding you're like "Oh crap! Is he going to find me?" It really becomes a scary survival game, I love it!

Havoc, would it be possible to implement this for ZombieMod? I'm a programmer and would like to take a look how hard this would be to do. Do you have the ZombieMod source code maybe?

mariohaddad92

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Jun 2015
BEIRUT
The "boss" zombie idea spaghetti mentioned is really nice. Let's consider implementing something similar.

At least, with our current codes and skins and without adding anything new, we are able to modify zombie's size, speed, hp ! why not take advantage ?

If we make a zombie bigger, we'll have a problem when he tries to duck an get in a small place, that's a problem to be solved.

On the other hand, we can make them smaller with no problems.

I surely find it interesting to hunt a giant with 20k hp, and surely find it interesting to hunt a tiny zombie with super speed

mariohaddad92

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Jun 2015
BEIRUT
We can start this slowly and small, when spa/ha admins are in-game, and there are a few zombies left, modify some of them by changing size speed hp, and we'll see how that impacts gameplay.

Anyway i'm up for testing it on one of our empty servers with other admins if they decide to give it a shot

D

Deleted member 8433

I would hate for this suggestion to be implemented. I played on servers like this and it's not fun. Humans can camp in an otherwise bad spot, but beacuse they saved up enough credits they just keep taking turns to spawn objects that block the zombies. So they camp in these gay spots and don't go out to hunt. And the props actually help the humans, whereas the problem currently is that it's too easy for humans to win.

Well yeah, I like the constructive criticism but I have to point out something. Servers where you got to "hunt" are called zombie escape I believe and as for what is going there, even if there are zombies is quite a different way to play as I imagine you already know. So, with that out of the way, I don't see a big issue with humans camping in "bad" spots, because that is the point of zombie mod, to survive basically using any way at disposal... The world props are pretty much ineffective except a few maps where you actually can put them to good use. And I don't believe in the existence of bad spots, because if they were, even by using a crate menu you wouldn't be able to survive too much with the combination of proper zombie character mechanics. And this was a point you avoided to discuss for unknown reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Changes..
More HP has been added.. I personally haven't a problem.. But for others..? No i am not talking about all..but still HMMM.. maps " Office, Azdue " they've always been unplayable tbh, so its even harder now.. Who would have fun, having all the time Zombie rounds, because more than the half of your team gets infected at round start and some aren't even able to kill one zombie anymore..

I have been playing palace, cbble like i said it really is hard for the most to kill 1 zombie now.. Less players gonna hunt,yes like really, less than before imo! Even if Havoc didnt add 103823 Hp xD It wasn't such a good idea imo..

4000 HP Motherzombie, 2000/2100 HP for infected ones would be great -maybe like its always been.

20-30k HP
Well, that must be a joke, if i would imagine myself a motherzombie with around 20-30k hp I would just infect all players alone xD

Anyway nice and good job, that you added 2 new maps.

Reactions: Dev1ne and Cain

Cain

BANNED
1 Oct 2015
i personally agree with para. i played all the main maps since the changes, and the v1 is turning to v3 now, but with resttricted weapons... what a joke. The hp of the zombies should have stayed as it was, or maybe +100,150 hp max ! as i said i played cbble with soe known players and it ended with a 5-1 for the zombies ... LOL ? in the other hand, mother zombies are now every 7th player, not 8th as it was, i think its good like that and might be tested but with normal hp. You can't add more zombies AND increase their hp like that, its absolutly not balanced ! changes like that might be implemented step by step. Regarding the 20 000 hp zombie or things like that well its ridiculous, as para said she would infect everyone and even the noobest player would too. Dont forget guys that the v1 is a hunting server, with balanced settings (normally). Regarding what we should add, i would say new skins (like we had before), new maps PREVIOUSLY tested by good players, not just random-admin-players.... dont take it bad but the result change a lot, its not because you're admin that you're good at this game and then able to test new maps and decide if they fit or not ! Look at bucket v1 ! This map have a really good potential but some camp spots are basically unreachable if 2-3 players are there with shotguns... Yeah most of people camp know they dont hunt anymore, zombies have 2 much hp... I'm pretty angry that you guys are destroying one of the best server of css, please think step by step by step next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheyla