Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Hi there, im a noob map maker and i need help. SO does anyone of you know how to add a song to start when you join the map, i want it to last for 11 seconds at the start of the map, and the song i want to use is

Last edited:

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I don't know, I think there was some kind of ambient sound entity but I haven't used hammer in years. But on huntingpark you can also play music when a button is pressed, so maybe decompile the map and check if you can find what you need. Also keep in mind that there might be some restrictions what kind of music files can be played (encoding, bitrate...).

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
ah that's true, yeah i checked abit before i will need to convert the mp3 file into 16-bit 44KHz, stereo wave data or something like that. i found out how to add sounds/music by pressing a button but i want it to play directly when you join the map, i know ralle knows how to do it so ill wait for his responds or if someone else knows it :)

Iczeay

Donator
24 Dec 2014
Scandinavia
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is what should start each time we join EH maps either or them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Hi there, im a noob map maker and i need help. SO does anyone of you know how to add a song to start when you join the map, i want it to last for 11 seconds at the start of the map, and the song i want to use is
Kinda late, I know. But seeing how you haven't gotten an answer on this thread yet I thought I might give you one.

You could just add a trigger right at the spawn point that when touched triggers your sound. This way it should be triggered right on spawn

Reactions: JUNIOЯ'

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
A better option would probably be to use the entity logic_auto and trigger it onNewRound to activate the sound

Reactions: JUNIOЯ'