Lack of Admin's

Coke

3 May 2018
teaming, blocking, shooting zombies up boxes.. so many trash players wrecking the server, and VERY few Admins around.

Highly consider picking up some new Admins that are actually active, play often, and can help monitor. Its been getting out of hand the past few weeks and no Admin on to deal with them.. lately a few friends I play with and myself often head to different server or log, because its just getting too bad.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
Admins can't be around all the time, we have a large team but it's impossible to have someone on 24/7. As it says in game, if there are no admins online you can record a demo and report rulebreakers here. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Now is an especially bad time because its 4 in the morning for many people on the team. Even me over here in Canada its 10:30 at night. People do need to sleep mate

Edit: Hung around for 5-10 min before heading to bed and saw a bit of blocking (just between 2 guys) but that was about it. If you're having these big issues like you described please record a demo and report the players here

Last edited:

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Don't take this the wrong way or get defensive cos i am not trying to put anyone down here. The problem isn't having someone on 24/7, it's when there is 60+ players and there is no admin in sight, it's like this often enough. Tried to get a game there but it gets annoying seeing zombies get shot up round after round and there is nothing you can do (you cannot record who is shooting them up when they are out of sight). I can usually brush it off but i am at the point i would rather just log off and play something else cos words do nothing to these kind of players.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'205
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
If you have Nividia graphic card you can use shadowplay and replay to save clips like 5min back, or if you use AMD you can use relive and same there using replay and choose how many mintues you want to save etc.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
I always have Shadowplay running but there is reasons why that isn't always enough. I did save some video from today (i only played one map and that was rife) but what am i supposed to be looking for
? I have an idea who it is but that isn't good enough to say who, this happens round after round as soon as they realise there is no admin on to punish them. The recording might help you guys finish them off but it doesn't help anything in-game (for the whole map) and there are lots of times it can be a bit ambiguous, like that video. To be honest i have stopped saving videos and sometimes leave Shadowplay off now, i cleared out over 150GB of cs videos, they build up so fast that i just cannot be arsed cutting, uploading and posting them, it would take ages.

I probably sound like an arse saying it but it isn't my intention, just agreeing with Coke on some level that there are a lot of times when there is 50+ players and no admin around.

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Though it’s not ideal I guess you could go voluntarily as a spectator once in a while (put aside 10-15mins a day or something like that) and do «overwatch»-like cases such as in CS:GO. Except in contrary to CS:GO you won’t be reviewing players one by one after a map has been played, but instead you’ll get to keep an eye on everyone as the map gets played. Over time it could decrease the amount of rulebreakings since the rulebreakers/trolls will start gaining bans/gags quicker (Which also will result in longer bans for them once they start piling up on their ban records) due to the fact that they will have an issue knowing when it’s «safe to rulebreak» since normal players will work as some sort of hidden/undercover admins.

Doing such «overwatch»-like work will help out the community by reducing the amount of rulebreakings while also increasing your chance of becoming admin later on if a player would like to apply (Since you get to show that you are motivated for the job and want to help out the community.).

Please make sure that the player(s) is aware of the rulebreaking (doing it on purpose) before submitting any reports though. Since a lot of the players are new to the gamemode (a good amount are young as well) and few can say they haven’t blocked (un)intentionally (or other «small rulebreakings») when they started playing without knowing the rules. Try teaching them how to play properly instead by talking to them in chat and guiding/helping them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dataworm

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Docta I totally can understand you but I see no real solution here. Of course applying for admin could always be useful if you often catch rulebreakers but don't like to fill out a report for so many demos.
But otherwise I fear there is no other way to get around this. We don't get paid so we can't guarantee to have admins around at every time even though we already have a large team of admins that often play on the server. So unless you know someone who is willing to pay admins for 24/7-surveillance we either need those demos or many new good applicants with different activity times that play for hours each day... :-D

Reactions: ///M3Power and Paw

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
I understand, Dataworm, it's all community run and that is admirable in itself, i don't mean to come across unappreciative. It's just when those numbers are high, some admin presence is almost essential. Just, anyone that can take some action.

Sorry, Paw, but there is no way i am going to warn people about the rules while recording them (especially when almost all rulebreakers know full well what they are doing it), do you have any idea how weak and naive that makes players look who are doing the recording/talking? They become a target at that point and folk will just call them tryhards, lame, salty etc when you have nothing to back it up you are just talking to a wall and making yourself look limp. I would rather just log off than feed these trolls.

Recording doesn't stop the player(s) having a bad experience for the whole match though, that is why i end up deleting the countless blocking/teaming videos, the damage is done already and to cut, render, upload and make threads for all of them would take a long time (especially when one of you guys could come in and slap them about and it's sorted in seconds) you lose all those less punitive measures as soon as it is referred to the forum. If i did upload all those videos i had, you would more than likely see a small dip in player count. I do sometimes spec after a few maps and i see rulebreakers but i am not setting out to look for them, they are going to act how they want, with or without me recording.

The team size and activity of the admins is not for me to say anything beyond what i am already but if the team is large, i doubt you need more admins. I am just weighing in with some feedback on top of Coke (i get why he made the thread), you don't have to do anything with the feedback. This is one of those times i genuinely wish i didn't mention anything to begin with, the only people going to be responding are the ones who i am criticizing.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Thanks for the gameplay guys/gals but i have finally cracked.

Gameplay is great but the player demographic is so bad it needs a constant firm hand to keep them in line, i completely agree with you that you cannot be there all the time and this is just the way it is. I really can't blame you for not wanting to play V3, it's an absolute shitshow as the numbers get higher.

Thanks again, really is a great community outside the game :)

Reactions: Dataworm

Hail To The King Baby

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Aug 2015
DAnmark
www.youtube.com
....but it is absolutely true - a.t.m. there are 3-4 regular, active admins - then we have the rest who only get ingame and focus on gaming, and not administrating

I am with you guys - every time we have a rank reset, we see a flood of admins comming back to play (still not adminstrating) and then as time goes , fewer and fewer.

Dont know what to do about it.... sorry

Reactions: NorthernLight