18 Jul 2020
United States of America
Gamemode [GoFree/CS:GO Surf]

Ingame name Dert

SteamID STEAM_1:0:461374631

Ban/Gag reason discord dox mess

Desired outcome Lift my punishment

Statement of grounds
idk danny asked how it was that everyone was banned and polo stuck his nose into it so i showed that polo also shared it. then i got banned? but polo is still fine? seems easy enough to delete the message if its a problem.

Reactions: buneenio and cotey

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Sorry, forgot about this with all the things going on.
You were the one who dropped a link to a dox file on the server, not the other guy. We can't control what happens outside our servers, but you directly sent the link and were banned as a result.
The onus should not be on us to remove it for you, you should realize in the first place what it is that you're sharing, and trying to say "look guys he has it too" is just childish.
Doxxing is not ok and that's what you involved yourself in. So you can stay banned for a while.

mxoi

14 Mar 2021
We can't control what happens outside our servers, but you directly sent the link and were banned as a result.
Then why are some people still banned for that exact reason? If sharing the URL outside of gofree Discord is apparently something you guys can't control and will not enforce, shouldn't at least @Cotey be unbanned then? As far as I know he never sent the URL in your Discord server, only his own private Discord.
Also to add on your response, Dert has not shared the URL directly, he sent a screenshot of a conversation with PolO asking why it's okay for him to share the URL elsewhere.
You're a really making a shithow out of it now by changing the story and the way you enforce it.

EDIT: fixed typo

Last edited:

Assassin Dert

Donator
18 Jul 2020
United States of America
{Blacked out link so I'm not sharing it.}
not trying to get polo banned.
dpexx clearly saying cotey is banned for sharing in his private server. cotey's message was the exact same format as polo's.
lotus now says "We can't control what happens outside our servers"
cotey is banned from game and discord.
I'm fine with being removed from the discord for awhile. i would just like a single message from the admin team after you've talked.
Seriously removing all links from the dox and the person who committed the dox makes sense.
Their appears to be a lack of communication between the staff. i understand that with time zones and the nature of the subject that a strong hand is required. I'd prefer a more professional unified message from the team if possible.

Simplified based off what has happened:

Cotey ~ shared link in private discord ~ banned from discord and game server
Dert ~ shared screenshot of link in gofree ~ banned from discord for a while
Polo ~ shared link in private discord ~ unaffected

Out of everyone mentioned I have done the most directly damaging with the dox link yet im sitting in the middle of the punishments for being "childish".
dpex.png
cotey.png
polo.png

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Ok to explain this as simply as possible...

Cotey - Well known guy in community who was just recently an admin, runs server where dox file is being spammed, and shares it himself. Gets banned for clearly being involved when it moved into the gofree community directly
Polo - Some random guy no one has ever heard of

See the difference? Doesn't matter, since it seems so important for whatever reason, polo is banned as well. No skin off my teeth.

You come into the server a day later and directly post something that contains the URL to a dox file as some sort of "gotcha", I really do not know what you expected? You're asking to be punished more?
Don't have anything more to add here, everyone banned deserves to be banned.

Reactions: Kaiii and Jamal

claire

Donator
2 Jun 2020
Netherlands
claire.lol
You're delusional. Cotey is in no way involved in this. I operated a lone wolf. Yes, people started to understand what I was doing, but there was no way of stopping me whatever they could've done about it. Also to clarify cotey has deleted all of the spam almost right away from his server. The URL was first being sent in gofree Discord without anyone knowing about it except me, then everyone started to catch on and even they themselves were shocked about it when it all went down. It's weird that you and apparently the others that have made this decision think you have any idea of what happened behind the scene when none of you were there to witness it. All of the things that are being said by anyone other than me is basically untrustworthy. I, Cry, am the one who caused all this and was the one to publish the dox, spread it, and not give a fuck about it.
However you all decided to have absurd punishments for ASSUMING people were involved. And now 3 innocent people have been banned from either Discord or the game servers.

Also something about "bunny". She was being accused of being involved in this whole thing for apparently sending me pictures ONLY SHE could've had. If, instead of blindly listening to some people who clearly have something against us, the people that are accused , you and your team carefully checked the information that was published (i know y'all have it) you can see that all the photos that are included in the document are from their public Facebook accounts. These photos are in now way connected to bunny.

Now for my final say. I have already asked dPexx about this, but sadly haven't gotten a response back. If your team is actually concerned about them being involved and are afraid that they'll cause problem in the game server then why not mute+gag them? These people are all donators as far as I know and love playing gofree surf. Simply having them being able to play and not being able to speak/chat is enough to calm everything down.

EDIT: added some info about bunny in the second to last paragraph

Last edited:

buneenio

Donator
16 Feb 2021
<3
kekma.net
Ok to explain this as simply as possible...

Cotey - Well known guy in community who was just recently an admin, runs server where dox file is being spammed, and shares it himself. Gets banned for clearly being involved when it moved into the gofree community directly
Polo - Some random guy no one has ever heard of

See the difference? Doesn't matter, since it seems so important for whatever reason, polo is banned as well. No skin off my teeth.

You come into the server a day later and directly post something that contains the URL to a dox file as some sort of "gotcha", I really do not know what you expected? You're asking to be punished more?
Don't have anything more to add here, everyone banned deserves to be banned.

Let me clear up some things for you as it seems you have a one-sided view on this situation-

--runs server where dox file is being spammed, and shares it himself.
As someone who was in the server when this happened, every link was deleted immediately, until someone asked for the link, which was when somebody else took an out-of-context screenshot and sent it to a higher up on the GoFree discord.

Gets banned for clearly being involved
I was also "banned for clearly being involved", or so I have been told, though not a single person questioned me nor Cotey about our association with Cry at the time of the incident or thereafter. Most claims are fully baseless and have no evidence. Since we got banned we had to reach out to other players which told us rumors. The punishments were not only without reason, but were also for a "doxx" which, as a person who looked through the doxx sheet and clicked all the links, as well as knows Zapdos in real life, can confirm that all the images, names, socials, etc. were public information. Cry himself has said he found every detail just branching from his linked accounts on discord. I also know nothing came of the doxx, even Zapdos saying himself he does not care about the doxx.

when it moved into the gofree community directly
The first links were actually sent in the GoFree discord server, where it was not until a minute or two after they were sent that they were deleted. Cotey and I (bunny) were in a voice chat when it was all first sent, unbeknownst to us, Cry, who had also been in the VC had sent them. It was not until a few minutes later he admitted to the doxxing.

everyone banned deserves to be banned.
It seems you are unwilling to hear out the truth and our repeated attempts to clear up our names. It's obvious you took hearsay and stuck with it. Your response is completely counterproductive to the entire point of the forums. If you scroll down from your passive-aggressive, biased, and close-minded response, you find the about us quote:
"OUR COMMUNITY HAS BEEN AROUND FOR MANY YEARS AND PRIDE OURSELVES ON OFFERING UNBIASED, CRITICAL DISCUSSION AMONG PEOPLE OF ALL DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS. WE ARE WORKING EVERY DAY TO MAKE SURE OUR COMMUNITY IS ONE OF THE BEST."
Is this truly how you want to portray your servers? Without a single question, you ban fully innocent people based on assumptions that were fully pulled out of someone's ass and passed around. A situation as such, should have been handled better, but instead caused a domino effect of rumors and lies, revealing the toxic and two-faced side of the players, as well as the admin team. Your punishments and behavior towards the players are completely unprofessional.

Cotey and I, who have spent countless hours on the server, and have even donated to GoFree, expected a more understanding and open-minded response, but find that most higher-ups will pay no heed. Every single response I've seen out of most of the Admins, Special Admins, as well as Head Admin, have been absolutely half-assed and one-sided. There is no excuse for how sloppily you handled this situation. For a network with "no tolerance towards doxxing", I would have never expected to even be typing this.

When you respond, think about how you want to represent your servers and admin teams.

I'm deeply disappointed in these servers and hope you will consider your mistakes as an opportunity to try and reform the professional aspect of your attempts at rectifying minor mishaps, to major situations like these.

Reactions: claire and cotey

cotey

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
25 Oct 2020
Cotey - Well known guy in community who was just recently an admin
A well known guy in the community. At-least was very well respected. Was a recognisable name for nothing but good reasons. Had built up a good reputation and was trustworthy enough to be accepted into the admin team (which I believe in my time with that, I did well). Gone to the extents of supporting the servers financially though donations repeatedly. Dedicated almost 800 hours of my time to playing on your servers and even more time generally being an active member of the community on discord and such.

It's just a shock to me that someone with all those characteristics, in an event like this - not a single member of the admin team even thought to DM asking about the situation. Just banned completely from everything. No word from anyone.
I like these servers, but seeing a situation like this be handled with such little care, and the people affected by it being so supressed - I can't do much but lose respect for you guys.

I genuinely hope this gets resolved and things can get back to where they should be.

Reactions: claire and buneenio

Strider

Staff member
Special Admin
25 May 2015
The United Kingdom
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your views and information.

First of all, I would like to offer the users Cotey and Bunny an invitation to appeal their surf server bans separately using the protest forms. I personally promise to deliver verdicts which are both free of any bias and made with due fairness.

In regard to the appeal made by Assassin Dert: Unfortunately, in this case you were observed sharing a screenshot of an uncensored link to a dox file in our discord server's most public channel, rather than attempting to report something privately. The consensus of the admin team is that this was an ill-judged decision and inexcusable mistake, therefore this appeal will be denied.

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
A well known guy in the community. At-least was very well respected. Was a recognisable name for nothing but good reasons. Had built up a good reputation and was trustworthy enough to be accepted into the admin team (which I believe in my time with that, I did well). Gone to the extents of supporting the servers financially though donations repeatedly. Dedicated almost 800 hours of my time to playing on your servers and even more time generally being an active member of the community on discord and such.

It's just a shock to me that someone with all those characteristics, in an event like this - not a single member of the admin team even thought to DM asking about the situation. Just banned completely from everything. No word from anyone.
I like these servers, but seeing a situation like this be handled with such little care, and the people affected by it being so supressed - I can't do much but lose respect for you guys.

I genuinely hope this gets resolved and things can get back to where they should be.
I messaged you personally and explained to you the reason you were banned. You were openly sharing the dox link in your private discord, which accelerates the issue instead of helping it. You might as well have been the one to dox him given this info. Anyone can see that, but apparently, you can not.

You talk about losing respect for us but you share dox links containing information about a minor without said minors consent.

Reactions: Jamal and Melisa
Status
Not open for further replies.