Denied+ Abuse Report: Brot

Status
Not open for further replies.

java

1 Dec 2020
Admin's Name Brot

Time and date 2022-05-22 23:14:56

Server Zombie Hunting V3 by ElitE HunterZ |All Weapons|...

Description
Hello - just got banned for edging "on purpose" by Brot.

Let me explain what happened so that everyone can understand how it went:

1. I was human, and got zombied.

2. I didn't edge on purpose. I simply got knifed by a zombie from below. More experienced players know that there's a "specific angle" to knifing humans from below. That's what happened - something hard to take into account.

3. I was there, with other humans. Shooting zombies. Again I was shooting zombies. Not waving my knife, not pretending I didn't see them. No. There I was, shooting the zombies. I was simply following the rules. Brot probably was specing me, he can attest to all of this.

4. Because, I was zombied, I decide to, again, follow the rules. And proceeded to knife the humans. Again, simply followed the rules.

And then, the ugly bit: Brot specifically decided to target me. And banned me for teaming.

- I tried to explain things. And you can check the logs, and notice that I couldn't. Because I got insta banned.

- I'd like to repeat that: I got banned for Following the Rules. Again, following the rules.

- And if the ban still makes sense and seems justified to anyone on earth... then I ask: Why would I break the rules, knowing that there was an admin online? Seriously? I am not a troll or someone who joined the server yesterday.

I am 100% sure that If it was any other player in this situation, nothing, nothing at all would have happened.

How does this make any sense?

This is unfair. Brot made a poor mistake, and I shouldn't be banned at all.

If Brot can show me a .dem, that proves me and the rest of the admin team that I willingly decided to edge and zombie them on purpose, so be it. I'll take a break for two months.

But frankly this is just low and unfair because, again, if anyone else did this, there would have been no ban, not a warning, nothing.

I hope this makes sense and that we can reverse this crass mistake.

Thanks

Reporting an abuse is a serious matter. Do you hold all the proofs requested for an abuse request? Yes

Brot

Gameserver Admin
Donator
3 Oct 2021
Hello java/holydonut,

To be clear, I didn't ban you for edge on purpose, I banned you for throwing a HE Grenade into a zombie crowd with a team kill associated with it.

But let's start at the beginning.

On the 4ways map, many players have complained about your play style. This was due to the assumption that you don't follow the rules.

That you don't take the rules that seriously can be seen from your ban history.

After that I decided to watch you more closely. After a few minutes I found the first violation and warned you via the admin chat and you agreed to abide by the rules.

I ask to have the locks checked by a SPA/HA that I have already warned him here.

Since I was sure that you do not see your misconduct and will commit further rule violations I decided to record a demo.

This demo is visible for every admin at sourceban.

On this demo you can see at the end how you throw a HE-Grenade into a zombie crowd. As an experienced player you know that by exploding a HE-Grenade, zombies are pushed.

By throwing the HE-Grenade, you triggered the effect just described and threw a zombie from the crowd into the air and catapulted it onto the box on which your teammate was standing, and he was infected.

There was no logical reason to throw this HE-Grenade into the zombie crowd. The zombies were far away from you and posed no danger to you at that moment.

I'm also not sure how you got the idea that I banned you for edge on purpose. Probably because it was clear that your behavior at that moment was not the right one. But this had nothing to do with the ban.

The reason why your sentence is 2 months is easy to understand when you look at your ban history. The last ban length was 1 month. If you break the rules again, it will be doubled. I

I hope I could give you some insight into my actions and I hope that you will obey the rules in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: SyntX

java

1 Dec 2020
On the 4ways map, many players have complained about your play style. This was due to the assumption that you don't follow the rules.
People have complained about you being a poor admin in the past. I.e: Assumptions don't bring validity to arguments.
That you don't take the rules that seriously can be seen from your ban history.
Bringing the fact that I teamed with people some friends at 3am or 4am doesn't validate any of what happened tonight. I have been rightfully banned before. Now, that is not the case. I complain, and bring valid arguments, when I have them, not for the sake of it.
After that I decided to watch you more closely. After a few minutes I found the first violation and warned you via the admin chat and you agreed to abide by the rules.
Thank you for acknowledging that. I did abide the rules. Full heartedly, until I got banned for no reason, by yourself.
On this demo you can see at the end how you throw a HE-Grenade into a zombie crowd. As an experienced player you know that by exploding a HE-Grenade, zombies are pushed.
Trying to fight off zombies, shouldn't get you banned. You can tell if someone does something on purpose. Simply not the case here.
There was no logical reason to throw this HE-Grenade into the zombie crowd. The zombies were far away from you and posed no danger to you at that moment.
You in game refer to issue as being edging? But now it suddenly became about a nade?
The zombies were far away from you and posed no danger to you at that moment
So we only shoot or kill zombies that are far away from us? How does that make sense, Brot?
You seriously think that because the zombies are far, we shouldn't shoot them or throw nades at them?
Really? And we aren't even considering the auto campers.
I'm also not sure how you got the idea that I banned you for edge on purpose. Probably because it was clear that your behavior at that moment was not the right one. But this had nothing to do with the ban.
The nade was innocent, and it was never a question from the beginning.
And you know that:
1. You engage in a conversation in game, right after we all get zombied.
2. You made it about edging, not me.
3. Because to me, there wasn't no edging, no teaming, no nothing.

Honestly, it seems to me that you are scrapping the barrel for excuses and trying your best to keep this ban, which, I am sorry, it's a bit sad.
The reason why your sentence is 2 months is easy to understand when you look at your ban history. The last ban length was 1 month. If you break the rules again, it will be doubled. I
I do understand how the rules work, you don't have to remind me. Thank you.

So, again:
1. I followed the rules, even Brot can see that.
2. The arguments brought up, do not add up. How can you tell people that we don't nade or shoot zombies that are far, because they don't pose a threat? Really? Why do we play then? Why do people camp? Why do people camp with autos if not to shoot zombies that are far off.
3. We are here to have fun, shoot zombies. Not stand back and wait for the zombies to be pose a threat to us. Is that how you even play, Brot?
4. I understand people might see or have different perceptions of what happened. But this is ridiculous. After clearing referring to the so called "edging", you now have to bring up a nade? Seriously?
5. If I never intended to boost zombies or edge, or whatever you want to call it, please, for the love of God at least bring strong and concrete reasons and evidence.
All in all, the "arguments" Brot brought up, do not add up or make sense.
And now, because it was impossible to talk about this ingame, since the ban was instant, I am forced to report an admin because of poor decision making.
Nothing here is ok, at all.
Everyone can see that.

Thanks

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'144
Zombieland
Fist things first:

There is no abuse here. This again should be done in an unban request. A ban might be abuse but certainly not this one, which was done eactly the way we expect our admins to handle rulebreakers: Warn, observe, prevent them from continuing by punsihing.

This said know: Your recent ban expired not even 4 weeks ago. I checked the demo, and I am still shaking my head over the degree of your destructive, unfair, teamkilling playstyle. And I remember what I wrote you last time, @java. Know I will keep my word, your ban was updated (see here).

************************************************************************************

Just some short hints to correct your wrong evaluations:

So we only shoot or kill zombies that are far away from us?
No. Brot didnt say that you cant fight ZM that are far away. Do NOT try to turn our admin's words in their mouth just to support your wrong facts and argumentation. What he clearly explained is that there is no benefit in throwing a nade into zombiez that try to climb up your mate's spot far away. The only benefit I can think of is a bad one: attempting to teamkill. There is no fair reason I can imagine why somebody would do that, except for trying to ruin somebody else's game.

Yes. At least when somebody is a pro troll and teamkiller like you have proven to be. I warned you so often in game, so did other admins. Maybe some new player wouldnt know but you play on EH for years knowing the mechanics of this mod very well. But you believe you can outplay us or be smarter. Now that the ban lenghts gets longer (and painful) you see the tragic truth: Neither you can't nor you are. Your new strategy is talking you out of your rightful punishment - but this wont work either.

I followed the rules, even Brot can see that.
You were reported for rulebreaking again and Brot observerd you, warned you but you still believed you can play by your own rules. You can't. Whenever you join our servers you are obliged to play by our rules (which also includes to follow admin's instructions).

We are here to have fun, shoot zombies
Yes, teamkilling is a big fun, isnt it? https://bans.elite-hunterz.info/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:7792640&Submit

I understand people might see or have different perceptions of what happened
I don't. It is pretty obvious and I doubt anyone but you would call it anything other than teamkilling.

All in all, the "arguments" Brot brought up, do not add up or make sense
It makes a lot of sense to me. You are trying to talk yourself out of the consequences.

And now, because it was impossible to talk about this ingame, since the ban was instant, I am forced to report an admin because of poor decision making
Repeating wrong facts until they are believed to be truth is a common thing in modern internet. Unfortunately I was born in a time in which facts were forming the truth - not the loudest dudes on internet that repeat misinformation. You wont have success with this strategy of misinformation on EH.

This thread is closed. If you wan to discuss your upgraded ban open an unban request.

Status
Not open for further replies.