Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Jun 2015
BEIRUT
Admin's Name PAW
Time and date 19 March 2019, noon.
Server zm v3
Description
In application of above abuse-reports instructions, precisely the third rule in the first list :
"3. Obey and respect admins! They are right! If you think you've been wronged then feel free to complain!"
and after feeling I've been wronged and having complained to the admin in-game without receiving a convincing reply, and after making an ungag request with no positive outcome or any convincing explanation;

As well as in application of the following above instruction :
"If you were punished and think you have been wronged please do double check these rules to see if you really did nothing wrong! And if you see that you did follow all the rules like you should have, continue with your request."
and after feeling I was wronged and having double checked the rules and finding my behavior not in accordance with the indictment (spam gag) I had received;

I hereby fill this form to report the abusive in-game behavior of admin "PAW", with which the admin abused his rights of giving orders and instructions in order to achieve the following:

1- Obstructing me from rightfully exercising my rights to chat in-game, by deeming my lawful behavior unlawful and subsequently issuing an unjustified mute.

2- Using his power to influence map choosing and map changing, by quieting down any player who shows signs of RTV-behavior, and therefore - as to his liking - inhibiting the rightful possibility of changing maps upon vote, the latter being backed-up by his previous behavior according to prior abuse report and logs which include cancelling an RTV vote and over-punishing players who influenced the vote (and may have or may have not committed spam doing so).

The full details of the incident is described in my previous ungag request;

and I quote :

"""""

I have been muted for 30 minutes by admin "PAW" for having allegedly spammed.
The admin subsequently extended the mentioned mute for 1 day, that due to previous gags in the year 2015 and one gag in 2016.

The allegedly spammed content is sentences similar to "please type rtv to change map", occurring a maximum of one time per round, and distanced by intervals of time in correspondence with the following :

13:00:35
13:06:44
13:08:25
13:14:12
13:18:15
13:26:04
13:28:22
13:31:30
13:36:10
13:40:34
13:46:34

To my understanding, such distanced recurrence does not meet the definition of spam.
The admin asked me to "stop begging for rtv" and warned me, after which i formally explained to him that it's my right to write what i will as long as the recurrence and the content of what i'm writing is not against this server's rules.

In fact, no other player complained about my messages, because the repetition was unnoticeable; on the contrary it was mostly answered by "rtv" from other people who also wanted to change the map.
For me, my intention was specific and honest, it was to finally play a precise map (16-chambers) which i had previously nominated twice with no positive result in map-vote, for which i was motivated to point out in chat for other people, the possibility of changing map by accumulating "rtv" votes, had they been not enjoying the current map.

Hence I fail to find an explanation as to why the admin would have asked me to stop writing that specific sentence, and to why he then proceeded to mute me when i continued exercising what i thought and think to be my right.

I accordingly kindly request whom it may concern, in case they find my situation unjust, to cancel my mentioned mute and remove its record from existing logs;
and should they find my situation just and in correspondence to the server's rules' enforcement and therefore deem my described in-chat behavior inappropriate, then my sincere apologies. """""

Reporting an abuse is a serious matter. Do you hold all the proofs requested for an abuse request? Yes

Last edited:

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
"In fact, no other player complained about my messages"
That is false and you even complained about others doing the same thing:
e02d34da602aaf221295d1fb7edf778a.png

People are always free to rtv, but they shouldn't push their opinion onto others as it's their own decision if they want to or not ("continuously asking people to rtv is also annoying and shouldn't be done, it's people's own choice if they want to rtv or not.") like you were doing as all you're gaining by doing so is creating a mess in chat and making it difficultier for admins to administrate as you put our focus more onto chat so that we can't keep an eye on perhaps more important matters ingame like stopping rulebreakers from ruining the gameplay itself (Blockers, teamkillers etc.). By also encouraging the players to take part in the RTV'ing to further troll or provoke admins you're essentially part of creating a bad environment or a toxic community where every map results in getting rtv'd as people stop caring about not spamming thinking it's allowed due to everone doing it making it impossible to finish a map. You kept sending the same message begging for rtv's, but you waited a few minutes in between to skirt the rule about spamming and kept doing so until being gagged. You then made an ungag request resulting in a reduced gag length which was marked "Handled" (By SPA/HA? Not sure if it's auto.). It is not up to you to decide what is considered spam/ a fair or "safe interval" between your messages and as neither the rules or the "admin training"/gameserver knowledgebase doesn't mention much about either as it hasn't really been much of a problem before for others that has been in the same situation I can't just tell you something like "atleast 5 mins between each message" because then other players will abuse that to their will and say that "paw said it was allowed" or something like that, so instead I had to gag based on what I considered to be spamming/provoking during what I have learned during my time as an admin in this community.
When people have been complaining about it and after getting warned by an admin several times maybe you should take the hint and not further provoke him?

Reactions: Vortex

mariohaddad92

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Jun 2015
BEIRUT
Here are some quick comments on your reply :

- No one complained about my messages because they were unnoticeable, on the other hand I asked "4na8or" not to spam because he was actually spamming and flooding the chat.
- Numerous players were not enjoying the current maps, including you. You did vote RTV on corps and you did ask others to rtv by typing " ALL RTV " which proves that indeed the gameplay was not enjoyable at the time.
- The other two maps which I was asking ppl to rtv are temple and roy's highway, both enormous maps for a limited number of players playing at noon on a Tuesday. This proves that indeed there was a need to RTV, all I did was OCCASIONALLY ask people to rock the vote, in case they just don't know about the possibility. You issued the gag on temple and the only explanation i can find is that you were enjoying playing that map and abused your power to inhibit the possibility of map changing by RTV.

Now I know you can't see my point of view, and I know why. It's because you were so fixated on finding any rule breaking to punish, to the extent you stopped playing and went to spec to distribute warnings. That's your job, I respect that, I'm just questioning your motive to working hard on picking anything and deeming it punishable;

Nevertheless the truth remains that repeating the same sentence a maximum of once per round, and with recurrences distanced by at least several minutes of time, is a behavior that does not meet the definition of spam, and therefore is not punishable, ESPECIALLY if that sentence has a legit cause and is said with valid intentions.

You couldn't simply move on even after I complained, from one side you just wanted to play the maps you enjoy without someone occasionally endangering that by asking people to rtv, and from the other side you wanted to gag someone for something.

That will be all I have to say on this matter, awaiting spa/ha intervention.
Thanks

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
-Yes, you did tell him not to spam, but that was just after I had told you/or someone else (I'm not quite sure as I don't have access to logs so I can't see the warnings I issued at the time without a SPA/HA providing them.) to stop spamming/flooding the chat with rtv so instead of telling people to "all rtv" or something in that sense you started telling people not to do it to "avoid" or skirt around my warning(s).
-Yes, I did do it once (Not in full capslock though.) to sort of prove how stupid it is telling people to rtv on a map I got to know you enjoyed playing according to what you said in chat earlier to sort of give you a taste of your own medicine which I admit was pretty stupid of me and which I agree was pretty unprofessional of me, but I was pretty triggered due to how toxic the chat had been recently so I couldn't control myself.
03861145eaecede376d98ec562210d9e.png

41a8e0e6d18efdd9733bc826fbc68733.png

-Just because some maps are larger than others it doesn't necessarily mean that they can't/shouldn't be played (Or "proves that an rtv is needed". That is just your personal opinion.) just because the player count is a bit lower than on a full server (Neither should it be a reason for you to start spamming the chat.). Some maps aren't fitted for an empty server though and they can be found in the "special map"-list. It doesn't matter whether it's a map I dislike or like is being played when I see someone spamming or breaking rules in general I try my best to keep the server(s) clean and treat players equally (I also include chatlogs with all my gags so SPA/HA is able to check that I don't do any form of special treatment with players I've gagged for the same reason on maps I might not enjoy as much.).

Once again: It's not up to you to decide what is a "safe interval" between your spam. As we (admins) are not taught what is considered to be a "safe interval" and not I had to gag based on what I taught to be right since you kept on provoking after my warnings.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Mario this was already handled in the ungag request so there’s no need for an abuse report after the fact because you didn’t like the outcome. When I spoke with paw I recommended he shorten it but that he should keep some time on it because you kept going even after paw asked you to stop. Wether you think it’s spam or not is irrelevant cause paw asked you to stop doing it, and he asked you to stop cause you kept sending the same thing every few minutes. You yourself have already admitted to doing this in order to go around the rule about spamming, and yes in this case the actual “spam” in question was borderline, personally I might not have even noticed on the server, but the fact remains paw asked you to stop and you continued anyways. Asking people to rtv once or twice is fine, but you kept doing it every round as you say, and paw asked you to stop which you didn’t. You chastised him about how you knew the rules better and continued to send the exact same message, you weren’t messaging anything except the rtv bind every few minutes.

There’s no abuse here, nor should there have been a need to open an abuse report just cause you disagreed with the final conclusion of your request.