Abuse Report: zackmadness

Dali Van Picasso

24 Dec 2015
Admin's Name: zackmadness

Time and date: Roughly around 2:30 am EST 12/24/2015

Description: Before saying anything, I just want to point out that zack likes to perform his actions based on how he FEELS, or how is EMOTIONS are at the time. This is rather immature for an admin that has applied, went through multiple processes, and got multiple verification for his positions. For a 14 year old, this is an immature way of dealing with things. It seems to me that he does not really take the time to think things through, but instead, when he's very mad at someone, even the smallest things can make a HUGE impact on how he reprimands someone.

It all started when I joined the server and zackmadness was admin. My friend was playing music and rapping and I thought it was funny. Though he was reprimanded for it, he decided to mute me too. I forgot the reason, and I don't remember if it was legitimate or not, but that's besides the point. Anyways, I was muted and I was typing in chat asking what I did wrong. I was asking different questions in a serious manner and zack thought of it as "Trolling" so I was gagged and had an extended voice chat mute. I was baffled at the fact that he could do that for such a little thing. That's when I started getting the idea that he was being a little bit abusive. Okay, so later on when I was unmuted, me and a bunch of other people were all talking to each other how I was muted and other people were muted for rather odd reasons. Then, out of nowhere, zack joins the conversation and tells us everything we're doing wrong and that's okay. But then he starts telling us what and what we can't do based off his own opinions, sort of like a dictator (lol). So we start asking him questions here and there and sometimes we'd get noisy, and without warning, he'd just mute us ALL for 30 minutes (the WHOLE server, even though some people weren't talking). This happened multiple times and we were all irritated by his actions. We keep talking and asking zack questions about this server and sometimes we'd throw in a joke here and there. Then, all of a sudden, he says he's had enough of us and muted me and a couple of other people for a fixed period of time. But it doesn't end there. He then feels the sudden urge to permanently ban a few of us. I feel the permanent ban was very extreme and was uncalled for. Although zack was getting heated, he should learn to control situations like this, NOT by PERM banning us.
If an unban is possible, or at least a time ban, I would be grateful.

Please read this over and make the consequences necessary to the situation.

Thank you.

On which server did this happen? (Specify either the name or the ip): Surf_rookie

Reporting an abuse is a serious matter. Do you hold all the proofs requested for an abuse request?: Yes

Last edited:

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'642
1'352
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hi,
I personally instruct our CSGO admins to mass mute players when situations go out of hand. This is done because sometimes it's just impossible to take care of 5-6 trolls trolling at the same time.

A mass mute is just temporary and it's not even logged in our system, when mass muting, admins are muted too.

I don't think zack was wrong doing what he did, and even looking at your chatlog ( http://stats.elite-hunterz.info/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=394928&page=2 ) i'm impressed by what you managed to pull out on him before he banned you.

Now, banning you was probably a mistake because our admins are supposed to block your voice/chat abilities instead. And for that i asked zack already to act accordingly.
I have converted your week ban in a week of chat/mic block.

Mind that i spotted advertising to other servers and communities outside of ours in your chat log, i'm going to ignore this for once but if an admin sees that, he's instructed to gag you for 1+ months.

If you want to add anything else relevant to the abuse report please do so here, i you want to appeal your block, please open an unban/unblock request.

Greetings,
Niko

Sweet_Luck

24 Dec 2015
@Nikooo777 I respect your maturity and how successful you have been at such a young age. I have a lot of respect for you, all I can say is that most people join this server for a good time with surfing and having a good time talking to everyone. It's been kind of ridiculous how some admins seem the need to use their power and start muting/banning when everyone is having a good time and not doing that bad of things. Many people would agree with me on this

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'642
1'352
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hi,
I have played many hours in our surf servers and unfortunately it's not easy at all. While it's true that most of the time people are just chilling and having fun, it's also true that often players, such as yourself in this occasion, abuse of such privilege and make it hard for our admins to moderate the server.

Muting and gagging is something we introduced instead of bans during this year, since 2009 we were only issuing bans, therefore we moved towards a more comprehensive approach.

Remember, insulting and trolling other players is something that an administration has to care, an admin should not only punish for wrongdoings towards himself only. This is the reason why admins will poke their nose into your conversations to tell you to either stop or calm the tones.

I hope that is understandable.

Greetings,
Niko