[added] zm_westwood improvements.

goozhunts

9 Feb 2022
So as we all know there are 3 really OP spots in Westwood - if one of the starting zombies isnt in one of these rooms when the round starts, theres basically very little chance of getting to people in these rooms.
- So here is my recomendation to change these spots a little bit

Screenshot_12.png

- This spot has a vent which doesnt work due to the ladder model blocking it - fix this please, it would make the room much more balanced!
Screenshot_13.png

This room has some really heavy furniture such as stoves and stuff which zombies have no way of moving, so only way to get in is by entering from above - i would recommend making the vent bigger as seen in the picture
Screenshot_14.png

This room also has a really heavy dumpster which basically doesnt move either - so i would add a vent on the side so CT's have 3 spots to watch instead of only 2.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Hello @goozhunts,

welcome to the forum! I totally agree that some rooms need a fixing for balancing.

But to be honest the last picture shows a room having other issues - of course I am seeing it from an admin's view: Respawners run to the door and shoot the cade down. This room will be hard to be fixed I guess, maybe some breakable wall can help.

There are numerous other problematic spots on this map, which luckily arent popular among the playerbase but if any map maker wants to help here: Let's meet on v1 and scan this map for other issues too!

Ps. Moved the thread to mapping forum.

Reactions: The Bear Jew

goozhunts

9 Feb 2022
Hello @goozhunts,

welcome to the forum! I totally agree that some rooms need a fixing for balancing.

But to be honest the last picture shows a room having other issues - of course I am seeing it from an admin's view: Respawners run to the door and shoot the cade down. This room will be hard to be fixed I guess, maybe some breakable wall can help.

There are numerous other problematic spots on this map, which luckily arent popular among the playerbase but if any map maker wants to help here: Let's meet on v1 and scan this map for other issues too!

Ps. Moved the thread to mapping forum.
Ofc theres also the waterbarrel - maybe add a ladder, that would make it way easier for zombies to actually have a chance of getting up there without getting shot off by a guy with a shotgun ;)

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
Version 1.

Few fixes for the mentioned places and few more other changes.

Attachments

• zm_westwood_finale_v1.bsp
    18.5 MB · Views: 121

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Thank you for working on this map! Found something, sent some pics via steam (as copy/paste doesnt work in forum atm for me and as I am too lazy to add each screenshot manually xD).

Reactions: The Bear Jew

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
good fix but why works the toilet door not anymore ?

is it your purpose ? the toilet isnt a unfair spot .

zombies can destroy the barricading wood piece to get in (most player didnt know it ^^)

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
It was closed on my request (like most other fixes here were). The door could be glitched with props for example, and it was kinda glitchy with the wooden peace, the mechanic didnt work well. Spot isnt needed for this map wo work and the map itself needed some fixing to give zombiez a chance to win ervery now ant then.

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
it is a phsical door it cant glitched with props (it is a prop too), thats a big advantage of this typ of doors. (and yes we map maker dont like to use them because the mechanic is to stupid)

in my opinion it wasnt a critical spot ^^

but it doesnt matter me if this spot exist or not , i was just wondering