Auto-kick 15+ min non-Premium AFK specs when server is full

bobbydole

23 May 2018
whenever i try to join your server Zombie Hunting V3 it is often 64/64 players and when i do join, it always has like 15 or more AFK spectators. so in reality it's like a 49-player server

my suggestion: add some server script or plugin where if the server has reaches 64/64 players, kick all spectators who don't have a Premium account and have been spectating for more than 15 minutes.

doing this will fix the spectator problem and give one more incentive for people to purchase premium

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
Hello, a lot of people have been suggesting this and the answer is always the same. If one server is full the players can join the other, we have both v1 and v3 and they are pretty much never full at the same time, you can set it to auto-join v3 then play on v1 until there's a spot free. We want to keep as many people on the servers as possible and we rather have 2 servers nearly full than 1 server full and the other server with only like 40 players. I hope you see what i mean, also from the times i have tried to join a full EH server it hasn't taken long before i came in, when there are 64 players someone leaves all the time.

bobbydole

23 May 2018
then how about when the server is 64/64, the server auto-kicks the non-premium spectator who has been specing for the longest time. that way the server is effectively always 63/64, which gives people the option to join whenever they want while at the same time meeting your "nearly full" requirement

wouldn't you rather have two 63/64 servers than 2 servers "full" (where 15 people are AFK specs)?

bobbydole

23 May 2018
during european prime time it becomes very difficult to join your zombie server because it stays 64/64 for a long time. and when i do manage to join it, i often see 15 spectators hogging up slots. everyone else also complains about how difficult it is to join your server, and begs your admins to kick the specs since their friends can't join.

you gain absolutely nothing by having AFK specs hogging up all those slots and making it difficult for real players to join. a better gameplay experience (64 active players) and the extra perk of not being kicked as a spec if you're a premium increases the chances of people buying your premium package.

it's not like kicking only 1 non-premium spectator a time (down to 63/64) when the server hits 64/64 is going to cause a huge decline in a playerbase

here's how it would work roughly in pseudo code:

Code:
record how long each non-premium player spectates

if server hits 64/64
    check who spectated the longest
        if this spectator's time is > 300 seconds
            kick this spectator

Reactions: Dataworm