Autounstuck

Kyle93

22 Jan 2021
I only ever see autounstuck being used when an admin is present on the server, this leads me to believe that it is a command that can only be executed by admins? (correct me if i am wrong) Would it not be more efficient to automatically execute the autounstuck command when the ping of 50% of players exceeds 75, 100, 150+ ? If the ping of 50% of players was 75+ this would indicate that lag was occurring and the autounstuck command could be executed automatically without admin intervention. Just a suggestion, I don't know how the server is run or if this is possible.

thanks,

kyle

Last edited:
Reactions: YLuTbI4

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
I suggest you tell people to use or make a bind for "!zstuck" whenever the lags happen, so that eventually the playerbase might learn how to stop the lags fast as possible as the issue with unstucking everyone on the server at once is that some people might fall of campspots if they're standing on top of other peoples head near edges etc. and it could lead to more people causing lags if they're in a weird spot once the unstuck period/timer has run out as it makes them stuck again. Also unsure if it would be problem when the servers are low on players as during nighttime/morning EU a good amount of the players got high ping as they live in a different part of the world so I'm unsure if it would lead to the server spamming the function if it was set up the way you suggested.

Would maybe be a little neat the function you were suggesting, but I don't think it's doable without interupting the gameplay too much unless the tech admins or staff got some suggestions.

Kyle93

22 Jan 2021
I suggest you tell people to use or make a bind for "!zstuck" whenever the lags happen

been trying that for the last however many months and it still doesn't sink in, you always get people that rtv rather than use !zstuck.

Also unsure if it would be problem when the servers are low on players as during nighttime/morning EU a good amount of the players got high ping as they live in a different part of the world

If the limit was set high enough I don't think this would be much of an issue, during a lag spike the ping often reaches 150+, for 50% of the server to have 150+ ping would mean you would need half the players to live somewhere in asia. what are the chances of 50% of players having a 150+ ping, not impossible but highly unlikely.

I agree though, my suggestion is not 100% perfect but neither is requiring an admin to be online to trigger the global auto-unstuck command, I have been in the server many times when an admin isn't present and lag is occurring and we have to either wait until the correct player types !zstuck or we have to wait until enough players get bored of lagging and type RTV. If tying auto-unstuck to ping is not suitable, is there not a server / script error (which causes the lag) printed in the log that the auto-unstuck could be bound to?

Last edited: