Counter-Strike Source FPS drops

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
Hey guys!

I have this problem with css fps dropping, happens quite often. It seems like the game is using only 20% of my graphic card. Resulting the fps going down to 50fps. I should be able to configure gpu settings to run the game with more power but I don't know exactly how.

I was hoping someone knew how to fix this, since I didnt have this issue with the last gpu I had... although I never checked how much power the game was taking from the gpu then.

My nephew sometimes play besides me with a laptop and getting higher fps than me:/. And like I said, there should be a way to make the game (or the gpu) to require/take more from the graphic card.

Regards
AlawY

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
Yes it is, I tried disabling but it lowers the fps even more.

EDIT: mat_queue_mode 2 did higher the FPS a bit :>
'
'
'
'
v

Last edited:

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
To be honest, not just a bit. But more like double xD ty

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
Of course it is off, but If I turn it on the fps stays at 120 and does not move. However, the vsync does its job and ruin the gameplay so I have to turn it off and play with lower fps but smoother gameplay :<

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
Most monitors can only display 60 fps though.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
20 fps on v1 ftw !

hehe, no but disable the vertical sync, that worked out for me :)

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
Well, I need the fps to run the game smoothly. I don't understand what the problem is... every other game is running smooth :(

Sixau

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
6 Apr 2010
It's the mod and all the players. Get a config that really makes your CSS look like shit and your fps should increase by alot.

I used to have one in TF2, basically made everything look like Minecraft and you could pick out alot more details, which ultimately also made you a better player.

Dominik.

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Aug 2012
Alawy has 2 SLI Gtx 670's and an i7.
I only have a hd 7870 and an ivy i5.
I never had a fps drop.

RANJID

3 Nov 2012
Germany
Got the same problem as alawy. i lowed all advanced video settings, lowed the resolution. NO effect. when there are 40+ players on the server (map is important too, 4way runs best!) i only get 30-40 fps.. and my aim starts to fuck then. can anybody post a cfg? or tell how to build by my own?

*these "high fps cfgs" of esl etc.. don't help much, the zombie model gone for eg..

Last edited by a moderator:

got blunt

BANNED
3 Feb 2012
Arnhem,Holland
all settings low! if this not work try download fps configs wich is very usefull! if this does not work, buy new pc/laptop!
i got like between 100 and 200 fps on each map, but some maps like forgotten town and couple others eat to much fps =P so i got drops aswel like every body
but still i can play fine ;PP

RANJID

3 Nov 2012
Germany
Hm new pc must not be i think. My is only 3 years old and got new videocard (Ati 5850 HD) last summer.. but maybe my cpu ( amd athlon 2 x4 630 2.8Ghz each core) is to low/ to old. As i said, most "high fps" cfgs are useless..( like kiloswiss, its for normal css and not for zm).

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
I guess the problem is with the Nvidia drivers? I have the same issue with AssassinsCreed3. When I turn off SLI, I get around 50fps in certain angles. But when I turn it on, I get around 40.... This is one major problem I have :(