java

1 Dec 2020
Gamemode [CS:S ALL/CS:GO ZM]
Ingame name Java
SteamID STEAM_0:1:7792640

Ban/Gag reason (not) Blocking
Desired outcome Lift my punishment
Statement of grounds
Thanks for the chance to expose my unfair ban.

It seems that Junior banned me for one (1) full day for 'blocking', when in fact I was not blocking.

Moreover, you can check the chat and read how I mentioned that I wasn't blocking, after the admin ported me twice. As I wrote on the chat, it was another player stacked on top of me that was in fact blocking. That seemed to have been 100% ignored. And I was punished for something I have not done.

Mistakes happen, I guess it could have been seen as me blocking, but either Junior has something against me or they just made a poor mistake.

Anyway, I am being punished for something I didn't do. I am sure I don't need to remind you of how unfair that it.

Thanks for the opportunity to expose shameful situation. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Best

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Wow, you have to know that I banned you for blocking and insulting me, of course

Humans have the particularity of contesting when it harms them, I would say that's normal.

Even if you say "I'm not blocking" in the chat, it doesn't get anywhere here, because I caught you in the fact that you were blocking. It's not because I write in the chat that I have feet instead of hands, and hands instead of feet, that it's true

You can challenge anything you want as I don't have any proof that you were blocking players, I won't have fun taking screenshots every time someone breaks a rule.
If you have any proof that you weren't blocking, I'll be happy to have it
But, what you cannot dispute is your chat history.

The first time, I saw you block, I teleported you and I didn't say anything because I like to be discreet to see if you were going to repeat. 30 seconds later I see you, again in the same place, blocking the players.
I teleported you again, saying "Why are you blocking players ?" What you answered me :

upload_2020-12-2_2-9-54.png

Sorry for you, but I don't really like people talking to me like that, I respect people so I like people to respect me

Anyway, as I said above, humans like to challenge even when they are wrong, even if some are caught in the act. And the excuse of "It's not me, it's him" I find it a little old fashioned, I have good eyes, I know what I see.

I consider to have enough experience on the game Counter Strike Source, to determine the smart ones who want to pass for someone who are not, because putting you on the edge of a "box", where the only way to reach it in human is to jump crouching where you were exactly, and you who pretend to watch the birds .. while you can see very well that the players want to go up .. tiring

But know one thing, I'm not a guy to draw my bans easily, I have already surprised you several times breaking rules in the past days (of course you will be able to challenge again, I don't care), but as you can see, I didn't ban you those times

I wouldn't have banned you if you hadn't insulted me (I take that for an insult, yes), you wanted to be a king by talking to me like that in the eyes of others, you lost.
Now, I hope to have the trust that my colleagues have in me, and will believe me on this ban.

I keep the "1 day", I find it rather deserved, I hope that it will make you aware of things not to do, and not to say

I have nothing else to add, see you !

java

1 Dec 2020
Hi JUNIOЯ',

Thank you for getting back to me.

Despite the fact that I do not indeed have any evidence that I wasn't blocking, one would assume that it's not ok to ban someone, even if for a day, without sufficient evidence. That is crass mistake on your behalf. One would trust the authorities have enough evidence before charging someone of a crime. It's international law, essential to our way of life.

However, even trying to grasp your argument - that not every player has the capacity or availability to dispose of a constant screen recording on their game play at all times - we could ask if the same would apply to yourself.

So, it is understood that 'Wow, you have to know that I banned you for blocking and insulting me, of course' is an incorrect statement. Surely, and as I mentioned in my previous statement, one shouldn't be punished for someone else's actions.

In other words, if you want to ban someone for blocking, the least you could do is to show us the evidence to justify your action. Why do I need to show proof that I wasn't blocking when you didn't have to show proof to ban me? It's an endless argument as I trust you are capable of understanding.

Furthermore, in the screenshot you have attached, the lack of action that makes your ban action invalidate is noticeable. Why would someone be surprised for being teleported, without warning before and after, write his/hers surprise in the chat?

Moreover, '30 seconds later I see you, again in the same place, blocking the players.' is just wrong. Again, the same way you asked for my evidence, I ask for yours. The rules should be applied equally, we are all equal in the eyes of the law. I was not blocking, but again, it's my word against yours, and it seems evident how astonishingly little my voice is heard.

But, even taking that into account, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, my name calling is not appropriate, and for that - and only that - I apologise. I would however, recommend that more attention is paid to what other players write and talk about during game time. Racism, homophobia, islamophobia and general poor taste, seem to be a constant, particularly during times of less activity in the server. I trust your ability to distinguish the different between calling someone 'pig' in the same category of these people. Surely you wouldn't be capable of putting those on the same level?

All in all, the ban is unfair, and I am confident that anyone who reads this will understand that. Because there's nothing else I could essentially do - and without risking undermining the administrative community, it's my word against yours.

I decided to reply to you, not because of my ban. After all, it was thankfully just for one full day. I am doing this to serve other players and for the greater good of the community. That no actions are taken without the proper scrutiny.

I'd be happy to keep discussing this issue but I am sure you have more work to do, but please do feel free to stay in touch.

Best,

Java

DeltaForce

Staff member
Special Admin
Tech Team
Donator
26 Apr 2017
Germany
Despite the fact that I do not indeed have any evidence that I wasn't blocking, one would assume that it's not ok to ban someone, even if for a day, without sufficient evidence. That is crass mistake on your behalf. One would trust the authorities have enough evidence before charging someone of a crime. It's international law, essential to our way of life.

When you joined our Server's for the first time you accepted our set of rules, or better said you accept it everytime you join our Servers.

However, even trying to grasp your argument - that not every player has the capacity or availability to dispose of a constant screen recording on their game play at all times - we could ask if the same would apply to yourself.

You dont have to, but like in this case it would have been better to record atleast the last minutes/seconds of this situation.

In other words, if you want to ban someone for blocking, the least you could do is to show us the evidence to justify your action. Why do I need to show proof that I wasn't blocking when you didn't have to show proof to ban me? It's an endless argument as I trust you are capable of understanding.

We trust our Admins alot, which means they dont need any kind of proof except you would be banned for Cheating/Hacking which requires a Demo File, everything else not. The Admins Word weighs heavier than your's in this case. Thats one of the reasons why we got that much requirements for the admin job on elitehunterz.

But, even taking that into account, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, my name calling is not appropriate, and for that - and only that - I apologise. I would however, recommend that more attention is paid to what other players write and talk about during game time. Racism, homophobia, islamophobia and general poor taste, seem to be a constant, particularly during times of less activity in the server. I trust your ability to distinguish the different between calling someone 'pig' in the same category of these people. Surely you wouldn't be capable of putting those on the same level?

All in all, the ban is unfair, and I am confident that anyone who reads this will understand that. Because there's nothing else I could essentially do - and without risking undermining the administrative community, it's my word against yours.

I cant judge about the Ban since i wasnt around, Admin Insulting or Disrespect is up to the Admin, some may wouldnt have seen "pig" as Admin Insulting, some may would have banned(gagged) you for a longer time period.
Better would have been the question why you got punished or what is happening right now, in a normal language instead of "u pig", thats not the kind of convo we Admins like to see.

java

1 Dec 2020
Hi DeltaForce,

Thank you for your message. You are fair and reasonable. And I appreciate you took the time to weigh in on this issue.

I hope this changes some of the behaviour from admins and, of course, from players - particularly in the scenarios I have described in my previous communication here.

I consider my duty here done. I hope we can all live in a less toxic environment.

If JUNIOЯ' is willing to be reasonable and a responsible administrator, in other wrods to apologise for his share of this mistake, he knows to go get in touch.

Best regards,
Java