java

1 Dec 2020
Gamemode [CS:S ALL/CS:GO ZM]

Ingame name Wazzaah

SteamID STEAM_0:1:7792640

Ban/Gag reason eng/ger, insult, provocative behaviour/trolling

Desired outcome Lift my punishment

Statement of grounds
Hey. I want to see my punishment lifted. Look I understand this is one month because I was gagged before. Not disputing that. But it seems unfair and targeted given that all I literally said was "kek" which is not offence or not English.

I just don't quite understand why I was issued a gag?

1. When did I not speak English or German?
2. When did I insult?
3. When did I provoke? Was it because I said: 'lol i love it when ppl cant admit they are wrong'? What does that have to do with anything?

Thanks

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
1625098422127.png

java

1 Dec 2020
Yeah, kek / kuk, I still don't understand what is wrong with that?

java

1 Dec 2020
I didn't know that? Have people been gagged for saying 'kuk' before?
And what does it mean? I don't know
Tbh, maybe someone else can pitch in, this seems flat out unfair

java

1 Dec 2020
I am not sure if someone is going to reply to this anymore, but I hope I can at least reply myself in hopes of getting an answer.

I acted and was polite, didn't insult, provoke, discriminate, anyone. I said 'kuk' the same way I say 'kek' all the time, as a joke, to me it means 'lol'.

Plus, how can I be punished for using a word that casually means something in another language I don't speak? I googled 'kuk' apparently is a 'bad word' in Swedish and Norwegian. Languages I don't speak! It also means other things, I saw online: 'darkness in Egyptian mythology'. I simply didn't know what it meant in two languages I don't speak.

And that's why I said and asked: 'that's english? / That's not allowed?' because I don't speak Norwegian or Swedish, how could I know it meant something bad?

Then 'I'll check what you wrote', I was left waiting, and suddenly, Paw decided to add that 'trolling would lead to gag' and I was gagged? I was upset that I was being given what to me was a completely random warning. Because, again, I didn't see anything wrong with saying 'kuk'.

And would, or have, any other players been gagged for saying 'kuk'? We see so much worse every day, I have reported players for homophobic and insulting / language before. My gag is completely unprecedented and to be honest, to me, seems targeted.

Actually, this why I changed my name in game. I knew that I would be gagged or banned for anything, and I mean, anything, after my last post here. And just look at what happened. I thought that changing my name would have avoided that, but I was wrong.

If for some reason you can't remove my gag, I'd ask for you to least reduce it's length, I really did nothing wrong and had no intention of doing so. If it's the word itself that is the problem, I have no issues with stopping using it.

I have respected rules and had stellar behaviour. I didn't do anything wrong and I really wish other admins would pitch in.

I am really being as honest as I can.

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Plus, how can I be punished for using a word that casually means something in another language I don't speak? I googled 'kuk' apparently is a 'bad word' in Swedish and Norwegian. Languages I don't speak! It also means other things, I saw online: 'darkness in Egyptian mythology'. I simply didn't know what it meant in two languages I don't speak.
Because it's against the rules.
And that's why I said and asked: 'that's english? / That's not allowed?' because I don't speak Norwegian or Swedish, how could I know it meant something bad?
Because I issued several warnings and told you directly by name "English german only please".
And would, or have, any other players been gagged for saying 'kuk'? We see so much worse every day, I have reported players for homophobic and insulting / language before. My gag is completely unprecedented and to be honest, to me, seems targeted.
If they're not following the rules they'll most likely be treated as any other player.

1625186313957.png

If it's against the rules, admin is online and nobody is reacting other players might think it's okay to use non-eng/ger and insult. You didn't follow my admin instructions and had to waste my time having to double check what you wrote (When you could've just scrolled up in chat yourself before raging at me in chat showing admin disrespect and instead apologized or stopped using it.). I've never ever seen someone use "kuk" instead of "kek" before somewhere else on the internet (I searched around a bit and couldn't find anything either.) and I doubt anyone else have. On most QWERTY keyboards the "E" usually stands a decent distance away from the "U" and "K", so do you think that makes me think that you could have accidentally misspelled it ingame when I had already warned once about it? You could've listened to the admin ingame instead of claiming you said something you did not at that time I warned you, but you had to keep pushing buttons for whatever reason making me throw away time on something I was already sure of what you had said.

SPA might disagree, but I'm not lowering length as he said himself the length was fine in statement of grounds.

java

1 Dec 2020
Because it's against the rules.
Yeah but surely it's not black and white. There's I am sure some common ground. What If you Paw used a word that means something bad in another language and you were unware of it

Because I issued several warnings and told you directly by name "English german only please".
Yes, to the point where I didn't say 'kuk'

ou didn't follow my admin instructions and had to waste my time having to double check what you wrote (When you could've just scrolled up in chat yourself
because even i didn't realise I wrote 'kuk' that's how ridiculous this is Paw. And I did stop using it? Why say I didn't?

On most QWERTY keyboards the "E" usually stands a decent distance away from the "U" and "K", so do you think that makes me think that you could have accidentally misspelled it ingame when I had already warned once about it
Never said I did?

If I spelt 'kok' that to me is gag worthy. Because it sounds the like the word in Eng, 'c*ck'. Sure. I understand you are Norwegian, you probably won't ever believe me when I say I really didn't mean anything wrong.

I am being as honest as I can...
You could've listened to the admin ingame
Paw, please look at the facts.

I did:
1. Stopped using KUK
2. Asked what was wrong
3. You didn't reply, I mentioned how confused I was, I got gagged.

I saw you are Norwegian, I didn't even know that. How may I supposed to know that KUK is a bad word in Norwegian. I more and more think that you just really wanted to gag me if not ban me.

Again, I didn't intend anything. I think that is clear. I was unlucky to have a Norwegian admin online, I suppose. But honestly, I did nothing wrong. I didn't use the word and was gagged before I could say anything else.

A gag, and specially, a 1 month gag for this... It's really not fair. It makes 0 sense Paw, and honestly, at this point, you see it too. Why would I even go to the forums and ask for an appeal? The gag is so random, wrong and targeted, that I came to the forums to appeal. If I had swore, sure, if I had insulted, sure, if I had bad intentions, sure gag me for six months, if you wish. But did I do any of that? No. I didn't.

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
What If you Paw used a word that means something bad in another language and you were unware of it
I'd most likely manage not to keep using it or even get myself in such a situation to begin with.
because even i didn't realise I wrote 'kuk' that's how ridiculous this is Paw. And I did stop using it? Why say I didn't?
Saying it a second time after my first warning isn't called stopping.
Never said I did?
Sure, but if you were me ingame moderating the chat knowing what the word "kuk" means would you find it more likely to mean something non-eng/ger or would you for some weird reason think its just someone misspelling "kek" with an "U" instead of "E" when the letter "U" when there are 3 keys inbetween them on normal QWERTY keyboards?
I did:
1. Stopped using KUK
After several warnings, but kept provoking.
2. Asked what was wrong
Asking a self-explainatory question when I had issues several warnings as well as I had mentioned your name along regarding the warning to keep chat eng/ger only.
3. You didn't reply, I mentioned how confused I was, I got gagged.
I saw you are Norwegian, I didn't even know that. How may I supposed to know that KUK is a bad word in Norwegian. I more and more think that you just really wanted to gag me if not ban me.
Server rules specifically says to follow admin instructions. You were told not to insult/swear etc and keep chat eng/ger only. You then go "I said kek" "thats english". I never said "kek" wasn't english and you kept putting words in my mouth in chat. Eventually I agree to scrolling up in chat as you keep going "i said" "kek" while letting you know that you will get gagged if you were just wasting my time. You say "lol ok" and I proceed to scroll up in chat just to see again that you've said it twice and then decide to issue the gag as a result of this.

java

1 Dec 2020
I'd most likely manage not to keep using it or even get myself in such a situation to begin with.
Oh like I did?
Saying it a second time after my first warning isn't called stopping.
How Paw? How am I supposed to know that your warning was towards me when I thought that 'KUK' was fine to say? I can't read your mind. I stopped saying when you made clear you were talking to me didn't I?

Sure, but if you were me ingame moderating the chat knowing what the word "kuk" means would you find it more likely to mean something non-eng/ger or would you for some weird reason think its just someone misspelling "kek" with an "U" instead of "E" when the letter "U" when there are 3 keys inbetween them on normal QWERTY keyboards?
If I were you, I would have never gagged someone for such a stupid question, unless it's obvious to everyone they are doing it on purpose.

Why flat-out decide that that I meant something I didn't when I said 'kuk'?
Yes, 'lol ok', even though what you said was unfair, despite that, 'lol ok' means I agreed to what you said, and wasn't going to say 'kuk' again.
Isn't that following the rules?

I literally could keep going, and giving you counter arguments, but I am tired, Paw. Honest to God. This makes zero sense and it was targeted. I just hope that someone else can pitch in and revoke this unfair gag.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Hello java, (hello Paw,)

let me intervene for a short statement:
'lol ok' means I agreed to what you said, and wasn't going to say 'kuk' again
No. "lol" means "laughing out loudly". It's meaning is not "I agree admin". It is rarely used in a respectful, mature manner - especially in online games when talking about possible rule violations. Keeping the talk with Paw in game more professional and less offensive would have prevented all this trouble you find yourself in right now. Fact is: You didnt wrote "kek" you wrote "kuk". Fact is also that you wrote it more than once and after you were asked not to use it again. And let's not forget you collected 10 gags already in the past two years.

This said I hope you guys keep this discussion in a professional way (like you did so far) and maybe - just maybe (as a hint) - if you ensure to Paw not to use word-games like that again and follow his instructions he might reconsider your gag or at least your gag length.

java

1 Dec 2020
Hi Easy

Thank you for pitching in.

Yes, of course, I can 100% promise to Paw not to use word-games like that again. Again, I really didn't know it meant something else.

I can reassure to follow instructions more clearly as well. I am sorry if my 'lol ok' wasn't clear. I was also upset, I hope he can understand that.

I just wish to get this ungagged that is all.

Thank you

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
How Paw? How am I supposed to know that your warning was towards me when I thought that 'KUK' was fine to say? I can't read your mind. I stopped saying when you made clear you were talking to me didn't I?
Because the warnings were issued shortly after your messages.
If I were you, I would have never gagged someone for such a stupid question, unless it's obvious to everyone they are doing it on purpose.
Why flat-out decide that that I meant something I didn't when I said 'kuk'?
Because I couldn't think of any other word that would make sense.
Yes, 'lol ok', even though what you said was unfair, despite that, 'lol ok' means I agreed to what you said, and wasn't going to say 'kuk' again.
Isn't that following the rules?
Going "lol ok" at me just after I've told you that I will go through chat again to verify/double-check what you said along with "trolling will lead to gag" only made me take you less serious and might've been a deciding factor when issuing the gag.

java

1 Dec 2020
As I said, I can promise not to use word-games like that again. Again, I really didn't know it meant something else.

I can reassure to follow instructions more clearly as well. I am sorry if my 'lol ok' wasn't clear. I was also upset, I hope you can understand that.

I am not sure what else I can say to prove that I didn't mean to insult by saying 'kuk'.

I just wanted the gag removed

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
I'm looking into this, pls be patient.

Reactions: java

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Hello java,

meanwhile after reviewing our logs your gag was reduced by Paw so it will expire in a few minutes. The gag reason itself has been updated too as there was no non ENG/GER insult.

As previously mentioned you should respond to admins in a respectful manner. Just like players are supposed to play fair our admins are supposed to apply our rules.

Reactions: java and Paw