22 Apr 2020
Russia
Name Brutal man
SteamID 00000000000
Server [CS:S] Zombie Hunting V3
Time and Date 11.12.2020 ~6:10AM - 6-00AM

Report Reason Cheating/Hacking
Additional Information
Hello everyone, there is a proposal to change the ban system! We all know how the EH justice system works, each subsequent ban increases the punishment time by 2 times (according to my observations), but this is not logical! Many are banned forever for absolute nonsense, for example, for blocking! Of course, bans for using cheats are fair, but only they!

I propose to make a certain punishment time for some violations (as in real life, yes, yes), for example, Blocking a player from 30 minutes incrementally to 1 or 2 months, Teamkilling - from 1 hour incrementally to 3 months, combined with the enemy - from 2 hours up to 2 weeks, using cheats - permanent, respectively! For example, you can also reset / reduce the list of punishments of the player for some merits. Etc., Of course, working out the deadlines needs logistics and discussion among the administration, but there are players (whom I do not know personally, do not think anything like that) who just sometimes play tricks on the little things, but they spend a lot of time / conducted on the server, and there is no logic to get rid of them!
I created the topic here, because I did not find a suitable section (perhaps due to my knowledge of English). I do not consider this proposal a utopia, since many good players are banned, whom the server is waiting for and misses them! This system has its advantages, for example, old players know the server better, they can teach beginners the basics of the game and the rules of the server, as well, they will also make up an additional and very large server asset, which will only help the server and the project as a whole! Yes, I myself am a noble recidivist in chat, but this topic is not about me at all))) In this topic, specifically, the roughness of justice, of course there is justice on this project and it works, but not for the development of the project! Thank you for your time!
Proof Chatlog

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Indeed, it is not the right place. You could have written this subject in "Feedback" or "[CS:S] EliteHunterZ's ZombieHunting & more"

I don't know if the topic is going to be moved / deleted ; I'll give you an answer here :

I had already read a similar subject (I can't find it anymore..) about more or less the same thing as you what you write to us

There is a lot to say, I hope I will not forget some

First of all, I find that it concerns you a little anyway, you who has 16 gags you want to make "your law" on the server ? It's pretty funny I'll admit you

Writing a message saying "I'm not concerned with this" (Yes, I myself am a noble recidivist in chat, but this topic is not about me at all), that's exactly what a concerned guy would say ^^

"
Many good players are banned" What ? :') What's "good players" for you ? Whether they are good or bad, as long as it breaks a rule, they must be sanctionned. It is not because he is good that he should not have the same sanctions as the others. A player may very well be bad and not break any rules ^^

You should know that each server has its policy with bans / gags, some will have 50 bans of 30 minutes others will have 3 bans of 1 week each.. You can not dispute this, if the owner of the server considers that it is necessary to double each ban (starting with a 30min ban [with some exceptions]), it's because he has these reasons.

I didn't know the Elite Hunterz in those early days, but I think it always worked like this. And don't worry about new players, the admins are there every day to remind you of the rules, and what's more, there is the !rules command in game.
You are not going to tell a Russian, that he must not speak Russian, in Russian (I see you coming !) Because you're a "old player"

I didn't quite understand what you meant with "
incrementally to 1 or 2 months" You mean banning a player for 2 months maximum for a particular offense ?
We are already doing this (Except "maximum"), and often players banned once for a particular reason continue to break this rule, 2 months equals approximately 10bans (with exceptions), and if players still don't understand after 2 months, it's that they don't want understand, so we double..
We can consider all offenses as "ruining gameplay / ruining chat", so no bans / gags assigned for teamkill or blocking or insult or whatever

Each ban / gag has its reason, and of course if there is logic..

Now I'll tell you, do you think a player who has 10 bans / gags, will understand that he has to stop breaking the rules ?

I'll take an example : YOU (Regarding gags)

You've had 14 chances since 2016 before being permanently gagged for rule number 1 on the server (
English or German only) and that's not as far as you understood since not even 24 hours after a ungag request you speak another language. (Your gags were very short compared to the numbers there were)

No wickedness in there, but if the brain doesn't manage to understand that after a 10th ban that he must stop breaking a rule, there must be a problem on that side..If the player want to challenge again after a 10th gag / ban, he can, but he must not be angry if he being gagged / banned compared to the rules once again..

Some will understand after the 3rd ban / gag, others will surely never understand, but we can not afford to let a player do what he wants without risking an appropriate sanction, on the server while other legitimate players want to play normally..

Tell yourself, having 15 chances is already a lot (Often after the 15th ban / gag, the next one becomes permanent (Exceptions : Racism / Advertising / Cheating / ...)

Counter Strike Source is not real life, it is a game that allows you to decompress / have a good time, of course there are rules (which is normal) and it is necessary to avoid anarchy. The game is not expensive, if a player doesn't want to wait for the ban duration to play on our servers, he can buy new CSS, we cannot prevent him from doing this ^^

I hope I answered, I tried to evoke the different points.
SPOIL : I don't think the ban / gag system will change, but it's nice to try !

Thanks for reading !

Reactions: arcovk and Dataworm

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
Thank you JUNIOЯ for a detailed answer and interest in this issue! I created this post not for the sake of my gag (By the way, 16 times Easy put me a gag not because of my speech in Russian, but for an insult (it was not there), about 15 gags - then I felt only 3 of them, apparently because I left the game (not because of gags) and could not notice them, so when Easy talked about 15 gags - I was perplexed until he gave me a link from Sourcebans)! I wrote specifically about the ban system affecting other players, not me!
The fact that a player is blocked does not make him a bad player or a person, yes, someone may not understand the essence of the punishment or does not try to understand whether to block a player for life due to blocking or, for example, uniting with the enemy is also wrong! You can, for example, give him a ban for 1, 2 or 3 months, when he returns, he will either play normally, or maybe break him again, but is it so difficult to block him again for 1.2 or 3 months? After all, it is very simple, but after 3, 4 or 5 long-term bans, you can think about a longer or life-long ban! I repeat, I believe that you can not give up a person because of petty pranks! And what's the point in buying a new game?After all, a person can also patrate a couple of euros, return and start violating, while receiving bans from the minimum value, and then reaching the maximum again to purchase the game for a couple of euros, or he can be banned on a new account for bypassing the block ... bans can only cause negative! People are different and react in different ways to attitudes towards them; not everyone needs one approach (Psychology). Otherwise, it turns out that the EH ban system treats players as a consumable! I'm talking about treating the players as a person and taking the EH project more seriously, too, and not just as rest and relaxation!
The world is changing, everything is changing, and perhaps a change in the ban system will change many situations on the servers, will favorably affect many players, law-abiding and not so.

And about 1 or 2 months, this is just an example, an example of the proposed punishment that needs to be worked out and comprehended, my proposal is your revision!

P.S.: Thank you JUNIOЯ for highlighting the text in different colors, it helps me (as a Russian-speaking person) navigate through the text and learn English

orel

16 Dec 2020
Hello
Don't know how to post a separate topic. Therefore, I am writing here.
sorry

Name
anniina
SteamID 22643746
Server [CS:S] Zombie Hunting V3
Time and Date 16.12.2020 11:20-11:30
Report Reason edge

Attachments

• demo.dem
    337.9 KB · Views: 18
  • anniina.jpg
    anniina.jpg