Did I just lose 2.6k points by completing a map?

Discussion in '[CS:GO] GoFree Surf & more' started by drangel27, 1 May 2018.

1. drangel27

drangel27 Member

I played on the server [Surf] Tier1-6 | ALL MAPS | WRCP - by go-free.info on 2018-05-01 and I completed the map surf_rebel_scaz_njv. When I completed the map I deranked from Veteran to Pro and I didn't recieve any points.

When I used !rank I saw that I had instead lost about 2600 points(explains why I deranked). This is not the first time this happened. Before, I thought I was just imagining things but this time I had screenshot of my previous points so I could compare if something like this happened again.

Why is this happening and can I get my points back?

https://i.imgur.com/SuUtwMU.png - after completing the map today
    https://i.imgur.com/K5t2BiH.png - a few days ago

STEAM_1:1:11153088

2. dPexx

dPexx Well-Known Member Staff Member Head Admin Tech Admin Donator

hey @drangel27 thanks for letting us know about the issue! Did you by chance have any WRs that have recently been taken from you? Be it stage/bonus/map, if so, you would have lost some points because of this. I suspect this is the cause of you losing some points. As for you not getting points for completing a map, it was likely just a printing issue and will be recalculated later, I've seen myself getting 0 points for getting a WR bonus (should be 300) but later on in the day i will receive +300 extra if i complete a map/bonus/get a stage WR.

3. drangel27

drangel27 Member

Hey. I am not aware of having any WRs on any stage/bonus/map tbh. I'm not very good at surfing feelsbadman. How does the point system work, do you lose points if someone beat your WR? or time? Should I really lose 2.6k points tho if someone beat me on 1 map?

4. dPexx

dPexx Well-Known Member Staff Member Head Admin Tech Admin Donator

You can see how the points system works here. Although ours is a slightly edited version, but it functions the same.

If you moved from group 4>5, or group2>3, or rank #3>rank#5, on a certain map(or more than one) then you will have lost points. I guess that is what has happened. If you do !profile and add your points up, you should be able to see this for yourself. After you complete a map, your points are recalculated, this is why it seemed like you lost points for completing a map.

I lost some points today when i came on as you can see here;
    20180501124949_1.jpg

Last edited: 1 May 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.