Explain pls ?

YannisBE

25 Sep 2015
Can someone explain me something pls ?

I'm playing for a while on the server now and I always see the admins say "Don't break/block/close doors and stuff when teammates are using them".

When I was on the map zm_corps_v9 escaping from the zombies (round just started) someone closed the door on the stairs so I was trapped.

I know it's a little thing but it's happening so much to me and I'm getting pissed of it, so I asked in chat "what asshole blocked the door ?". An admin reacted by saying not to insult. So I replied "Some douchebag trapped me by blocking the door". then I got muted for 2 houres ... Are you kidding me ??

I didn't write in caps or something so I don't understand why muting me .. it pisses me off because I'm for a long time on the server and don't do that douchebag stuff but I got muted ??? wtf ?

Nothing personal to the dude who muted me or something but don't fucking mute me for no reason, douchebag ?? is that an insult ?? I mean they always so "Don't break/block/close doors and stuff when teammates are using them" ... then why get I muted.

yes it sounds childish but as a innocent person who doesn't play douche style it's f***ng annoying

I don't know what Admin it was but if he could mute me for no reason I hope he can explain why cause I don't understand it .

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Hello YannisBE and welcome to the forum.

I was the admin who gagged you, but i gagged 2 players for 2 hours so what's your ingame name?

About the gag, even though someone broke the rules you're not allowed to insult other players, i had just sent a warning out to all players that they should be nice, i'm not sure what you said since i don't know which one of the players you are, but "douchebag" is also an insult, and that could be the reason why i gagged you.

The doors in corps are a bit of a problem, it's hard for the admins to see who closes them, so we can't do much about it. If you go that way then you know there is a risk for the door to be closed, so you get trapped. Maybe you should go another way, if you don't want to take that risk.

Afterall if you think the gag was wrong then you can request an unban by clicking on "application forms".

Last edited:

YannisBE

25 Sep 2015
I'm Quantum.

Normally I don't mind being muted but for once it really pissed me off.
I know about the doors but I've played a lot of games on there when they were so nice to keep the doors open, and in the beginning of the round for sure so that made me angry.

Is there a way to redesign the map and remove the doors ? Or keep them unlocked or something

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
About the gag, i gave you a warning to be nice after you called someone a "fcking douchebag". And then right after you called him/them for "fucking assholes". That was when i gagged you.

The map can be edited if someone knows how to and want to do it, but at the moment we don't have a map editor. But kinda like 4way it's important for the cts that the doors can be locked, but closing them on teammates is ofcourse against the rules. I don't think there's anything we can do about it, maybe if an admin is ingame he/she can keep an eye on the door.

YannisBE

25 Sep 2015
Okay I was pretty angry at that point, my bad :oops:

But since you muted me I have a problem when playing css :( I can't see my own messages anymore, on any server.
People see them because they answer me and I see what I'm writing but when the "writing section" closes I can't see it :/
Do you have any idea how I can fix this ?

.zizoun

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jul 2015
But since you muted me I have a problem when playing css :( I can't see my own messages anymore, on any server.
People see them because they answer me and I see what I'm writing but when the "writing section" closes I can't see it :/
Do you have any idea how I can fix this ?

Hello YannisBE,

the behaviour you're describing happens when you have the chat hidden. Haven't you by any chance set hud_say_textime 0? If so, try changing it to the default value of 12.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Klovn, I can help you with the map editing, just ask me ;)

Thanks Xylon, but actually after this thread WolfRam made a new version of the map which is on v1 and v3 now. He fixed the doors so they can't be locked before after 13 seconds, and a few other things. The map name is now zm_corps_v9_edit